Obama to announce pay freeze for federal workers

So, WHAT is the GOP plan, again?

One of the first staements was to move spoending back to 2008 levels

thanks for playing.

Now if you had bothered to read and follow the news there are other things in the works depending upon what lame duck democrats do.

I dont care if you rag on repubs, just dont be a liar about it.

Whenever we start surgically cutting out chunks that equal in the hundreds of billions, let me know. Five billion over two years? Are you kidding me? Hell, we accrue that much in interest deficits every 5 minutes.

More shell games, no substance.

The two-year pay freeze for civilian federal employees will save $2 billion during the rest of the current fiscal year and almost $30 billion over the next five years, the White House said Monday.

First Read - Obama to announce pay freeze for federal workers

What was the GOP plan to cut costs again? Oh that's right, they don't have one....

A pay freeze for the federal workforce was one of the proposals named by House Republicans in their "Pledge to America" released before the midterm elections

The above from your link in the OP which is all of 5 paragraphs, some of them as long as one sentence.

Color me whelmed. :clap2::razz:

Seems obama stepped in it and is now trying to clean it off his shoes

Obama has exacerbated the problem by creating 141,000 new federal jobs since he took office -- and that total doesn't count temporary census workers, the postal service or the uniformed military. Democrats are already talking about using the upcoming lame-duck legislation to grant the federal work force yet another pay increase, this time of 1.4 percent. Never mind that federal pay has increased 3 percent annually since 2005. Never mind that inflation has been nonexistent during that period, or that total compensation for federal bureaucrats has increased nearly four times faster than in the private sector.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Examiner Editorial: Federal pay hike? Let's start with a freeze, then cut 10 percent | Washington Examiner

The far right, as represented here by the proud and loud members of the echo chamber offer the usual platitudes, making them nothing more (and much less) then elected Republicans. Of course no real and practical ideas ever are offered by these dimwits - elected or self appointed,

Why not turn back spending to 1980 or even 1880? Why not terminate the employment of 400,000 Federal employees? [yep, let's fire the whole dept. of education - tomorrow.] Never a thought to the consequences of such action, the idea that such a policy might cause great harm never occurs to them, and in this lies their strength, for they truly believe the end justifies the means.

A two year freeze is a start, now how about Banks and Insurance Companies following suit. Cut back bonuses, freeze salaries, eliminate made up fees and return the savings to their customers. Won't that be the same as the tax cuts so loved by Republicans and crowd who bleats, "it's our money".

One of the first staements was to move spoending back to 2008 levels

thanks for playing.

Now if you had bothered to read and follow the news there are other things in the works depending upon what lame duck democrats do.

I dont care if you rag on repubs, just dont be a liar about it.

So, where are these proposals? What specifically do they plan to cut?

The far right, as represented here by the proud and loud members of the echo chamber offer the usual platitudes, making them nothing more (and much less) then elected Republicans. Of course no real and practical ideas ever are offered by these dimwits - elected or self appointed,

Why not turn back spending to 1980 or even 1880? Why not terminate the employment of 400,000 Federal employees? [yep, let's fire the whole dept. of education - tomorrow.] Never a thought to the consequences of such action, the idea that such a policy might cause great harm never occurs to them, and in this lies their strength, for they truly believe the end justifies the means.

A two year freeze is a start, now how about Banks and Insurance Companies following suit. Cut back bonuses, freeze salaries, eliminate made up fees and return the savings to their customers. Won't that be the same as the tax cuts so loved by Republicans and crowd who bleats, "it's our money".

A two year freeze is a damn joke. Lets give everyone fat raises then propose a freeze. The people will never know whats going on. We will look good for the sheeple.

Layoff the entire depts. Yes more unemployed. Let government get out of the way.

As far as me keeping my earnings down because government suffers.

Does piss off come off to strong?

The democrats are like spoiled rich kids with credit cards that doesn't care where the money comes from until mommy and daddy is tapped out, now they are looking anywhere they can to find pennies. How cool is that? :cool:

Your not joking? You really did not read your own link?

A pay freeze for the federal workforce was one of the proposals named by House Republicans in their "Pledge to America" released before the midterm elections. The authors of that document suggested imposing a "net hiring freeze on non-security federal employees" that would "ensure that the public sector no longer grows at the expense of the private sector."

Dude

The two-year pay freeze for civilian federal employees will save $2 billion during the rest of the current fiscal year and almost $30 billion over the next five years, the White House said Monday.

All I can say is WTF!?!? I've been working as a State employee for the last 6 years now and for the last 3 yrs. we've been on a pay freeze... Damn, I knew I should have held out for that Federal position...

A two year freeze is a damn joke. Lets give everyone fat raises then propose a freeze. The people will never know whats going on. We will look good for the sheeple.

Layoff the entire depts. Yes more unemployed. Let government get out of the way.

As far as me keeping my earnings down because government suffers.

Does piss off come off to strong?

Not at all, as a Timmy McVeigh wannabe anarchist I applaud your ability to control your hate and express your opinion, no matter how short sighted and ignorant that opinion is.

What was the GOP plan to cut costs again? Oh that's right, they don't have one....

Did you read the story or just the headline?

from YOUR link;

A pay freeze for the federal workforce was one of the proposals named by House Republicans in their "Pledge to America" released before the midterm elections. The authors of that document suggested imposing a "net hiring freeze on non-security federal employees" that would "ensure that the public sector no longer grows at the expense of the private sector."

In other words, you fucking idiot, Obama is doing what Republicans tell him too.

Muhaha muther fucker.

All I can say is WTF!?!? I've been working as a State employee for the last 6 years now and for the last 3 yrs. we've been on a pay freeze... Damn, I knew I should have held out for that Federal position...

TSA is hiring, good pension plan and approval to unionize. The new American dream.

Did you read the story or just the headline?

from YOUR link;

In other words, you fucking idiot, Obama is doing what Republicans tell him too.

Muhaha muther fucker.

So....on the one hand....you GOP fans are saying this pay freeze is bullshit and is simply a Democratic ploy to make it seem as if they are doing something about the defecit and spending. Meanwhile, others (Two Thumbs) is saying that this bullshit ploy is a Republican idea....which is it?

Forum List

Back