Obama "There's no such thing as shovel ready jobs."

I just saw that on the news and it was followed by a ton of clips of him saying how there were shovel ready projects.

So this $787 billion dollar stimulus was supposed to be paid back largely by the shovel ready projects that Obama promised were waiting and now he says ooops there is no such thing.

I cant' imagine how his supporters are going to defend him on this one.

He also said in that interview that he didn't realize how difficult it would be implementing policy by trying to coordinate with all other factors that get in the way, i.e., state governments who put roadblocks (no pun intended) in the way of the shovels (paraphrasing his comments.)

Do I fault Obama for being naive about how Washington works? Yes, I do. But that naivete is an affliction for any new president. They all think they can just walk into the Oval Office and start making changes and everything (and everyone) will just fall in line. Quickly. Obama was also naive to think he could end lobbying influence.

bullshit. do you really think that lbj or nixon or kennedy or even ford were this *naive*?

not hardly

obama believed his own pr, pure and simple, and there's no one around him willing to discuss the emperor's wardrobe..

Gee, Obama. Do you think you could have, maybe, figured that out BEFORE you spent our children and grandchildren into debt?

I mean, way to go!

Dumbass!

I mean you have to read this thing. It drips with self pitying narcisissm.

President Obama Looks Forward ? and Back - NYTimes.com

Gee, on the job training! With our children, and our children's children's future as his building blocks. Nice!

You ever notice with these guys, that isn't true until THEY figure it out? I mean conservatives told Obama and the country this "shovel ready jobs" stuff was BS before the Porkulus, er I mean stimulus was passed.

I mean IN that statement, "there is no such thing as shovel ready jobs" he is ADMITTING the money all went to cronies and vote buying.

Gee thank for admitting we were right Obama. Can we have the money BACK now?

As for the last sentence. I don't believe FOR A MINUTE, that Obama will moderate like that. It's not in his DNA. He's going to go full steam ahead on his radical agenda.

He's just hoping, at this late date, people believe he will moderate and not vote out Democrats after all. PWEASE!!!! :eusa_pray:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

How refreshing that we finally have a president who admits his mistakes.

I told you that's what liberals would say.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

We tell the truth, honey, and admit our mistakes and move on. I realize that's foreign to most of your ilk, however, especially someone like you masquerading as an adult.

I just saw that on the news and it was followed by a ton of clips of him saying how there were shovel ready projects.

So this $787 billion dollar stimulus was supposed to be paid back largely by the shovel ready projects that Obama promised were waiting and now he says ooops there is no such thing.

I expect they will say, AT LEAST Obama can admit when he's wrong. Bush never could! :eusa_snooty:

It doesn't matter that Bush didn't spend us into oblivion as Obama did in his first four months.

Oh but he did. The tax cuts alone cost $1.8 trillion in the first eight years, according to an analysis by the Tax Policy Center. Then there was the two wars on top of tax cuts, with the Iraq war alone running about $9 billion PER MONTH in direct costs which weren't even added to annual deficit numbers because they were "emergency" supplementals! The cost analysis for the Iraq war is still incomplete as to hidden costs, such as extensive medical treatment beyond VA budgets required for the damaged troops, and replacement of tens of millions of dollars worth of heavy military equipment.

Yeah, and then you look at what Obama has spent in two years, and it DWARFS what Bush spent in EIGHT!

Enough with the BS. Here's the facts!

US Federal Deficit As Percent Of GDP

2002 -1.25
2002 1.48
2003 3.39
2004 3.48
2005 2.52
2006 1.85
2007 1.14
2008 3.18
2009 9.91
2010 10.64

US Federal Deficit As Percent Of GDP in United States 1900-2010 - Federal State Local

There is your federal spending, and there you can see who WAY OUT SPENT Bush.

Liberals can lie and make excuses for Obama, but the raw numbers tell the story, they can't cover up.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ha ha ha They are a creative bunch so we shall see how they turn the blame on Bush.

Bush is credited for signing off on TARP, you know that evil taxpayer bank bailout. But ironically, the taxpayers have actually profited from the bailout, as those banks have repaid the loans at high interest rates, which is something you rarely hear about. Educate yourself, Gracie. There are adults who play here.

Yeah, shall we compare TARP to the Stimulus?

2008 3.18
2009 9.91

US Federal Deficit As Percent Of GDP in United States 1900-2010 - Federal State Local

Quite a big difference isn't it?

40% of the stimulus bill comes in the form of tax cuts for business. Although it has not all been spent yet, it's saved a good number of jobs, and kept many states from having to impose extremely harsh measures.

Nope it wasn't perfect..but nothing is "perfect".

Tax cuts for business????????????????

PLEASE give us the evidence for that stat.

I can't wait to see it!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jeezus, do you ever actually pay attention to anything?

» 2010 Small Business Jobs Bill – Tax Breaks, SBA Loans, and Bonus Depreciation | Saving to Inve$t

That's not a tax break! How stupid do you think we all are. THAT'S A LENDING PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!

The lending program is designed to help small business owners who have seen the value of real estate and other collateral sapped by the recession. The $30 billion lending program would be reserved for banks with less than $10 billion in assets. The bill cut fees on loans offered through the government’s Small Business Administration (SBA) and raises the limits on SBA loans from $2 million to $5 million.

The $30 billion lending program would work by creating a fund that directly invests in “smaller” local and community banks (<$10 billion in assets) through purchasing preferred stock, which returns between 1% to 7% in dividends to the government based on how effective their small business lending programs are. For example, a bank that boosts their small business lending by 10% over last year’s levels would only have to pay the government a 1% dividend. Whereas banks that do not increase their small business lending, could face a dividend repayment of up to 7%. The preferred is also one way the government is able to ensure banks lend money (a major issue with the TARP bank bailouts) and also to pay for this lending program without significantly adding to the deficit.

» 2010 Small Business Jobs Bill – Tax Breaks, SBA Loans, and Bonus Depreciation | Saving to Inve$t

WHEN YOU HAVE TO PAY THE GOVERNMENT BACK THAT'S NOT A TAX CUT OR BREAK!

This is telling small business they CAN BORROW THEIR OWN MONEY!

And you idiots are surprised it didn't work!!!!!!!!!!

Some tax cut!

Liberals, I swear!

Last edited:

He also said in that interview that he didn't realize how difficult it would be implementing policy by trying to coordinate with all other factors that get in the way, i.e., state governments who put roadblocks (no pun intended) in the way of the shovels (paraphrasing his comments.)

Do I fault Obama for being naive about how Washington works? Yes, I do. But that naivete is an affliction for any new president. They all think they can just walk into the Oval Office and start making changes and everything (and everyone) will just fall in line. Quickly. Obama was also naive to think he could end lobbying influence.

bullshit. do you really think that lbj or nixon or kennedy or even ford were this *naive*?

not hardly

obama believed his own pr, pure and simple, and there's no one around him willing to discuss the emperor's wardrobe..

Both Nixon and Ford had been there, done that. Kennedy made some MAJOR mistakes, the most prominent by ordering the Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba only 3 months into office. ALL of them made campaign promises and ultimately couldn't deliver on ALL. So did Reagan; so did Clinton; so did Bush43 even though he had his poppy to guide him. And Poppy had to renege big time on his "read-my-lips/no-new-taxes" pledge.

I agree that Obama believed his own "pr" but that's not the point. He thought, as most new presidents, that the job was going to be easier than it turned out to be. I would assume that's a given and not too difficult to get. ANY new job isn't as easy as someone thinks it's going to be, let alone running an entire country made up of "experts," opinionators and bloviators!

not hardly

Both Nixon and Ford had been there, done that. Kennedy made some MAJOR mistakes, the most prominent by ordering the Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba only 3 months into office. ALL of them made campaign promises and ultimately couldn't deliver on ALL. So did Reagan; so did Clinton; so did Bush43 even though he had his poppy to guide him. And Poppy had to renege big time on his "read-my-lips/no-new-taxes" pledge.

I agree that Obama believed his own "pr" but that's not the point. He thought, as most new presidents, that the job was going to be easier than it turned out to be. I would assume that's a given and not too difficult to get. ANY new job isn't as easy as someone thinks it's going to be, let alone running an entire country made up of "experts," opinionators and bloviators!

Oh sniff sniff. Let's all fell sorry for pooooooor Obama.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I expect they will say, AT LEAST Obama can admit when he's wrong. Bush never could! :eusa_snooty:

It doesn't matter that Bush didn't spend us into oblivion as Obama did in his first four months.

Oh but he did. The tax cuts alone cost $1.8 trillion in the first eight years, according to an analysis by the Tax Policy Center. Then there was the two wars on top of tax cuts, with the Iraq war alone running about $9 billion PER MONTH in direct costs which weren't even added to annual deficit numbers because they were "emergency" supplementals! The cost analysis for the Iraq war is still incomplete as to hidden costs, such as extensive medical treatment beyond VA budgets required for the damaged troops, and replacement of tens of millions of dollars worth of heavy military equipment.

Yeah, and then you look at what Obama has spent in two years, and it DWARFS what Bush spent in EIGHT!

2002 -1.25
2002 1.48
2003 3.39
2004 3.48
2005 2.52
2006 1.85
2007 1.14
2008 3.18
2009 9.91
2010 10.64

Liberals can lie and make excuses for Obama, but the raw numbers tell the story, they can't cover up.

Operative word: RAW

2002 -1.25
2002 1.48
2003 3.39
2004 3.48
2005 2.52
2006 1.85
2007 1.14
2008 3.18
2009 9.91
2010 10.64

Operative word: RAW

No, the operative word is you're running away, because you can't argue with the numbers.

I told you to keep reading and see if you could stay adult.

I thought it was refreshing to admit you were wrong.

Where's that refreshing breeze from YOU? Admit it sweetheart. You got owned.

Tax cuts for business????????????????

PLEASE give us the evidence for that stat.

I can't wait to see it!

Jeezus, do you ever actually pay attention to anything?

That's not a tax break! How stupid do you think we all are. THAT'S A LENDING PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!

The lending program is designed to help small business owners who have seen the value of real estate and other collateral sapped by the recession. The $30 billion lending program would be reserved for banks with less than $10 billion in assets. The bill cut fees on loans offered through the government’s Small Business Administration (SBA) and raises the limits on SBA loans from $2 million to $5 million.

The $30 billion lending program would work by creating a fund that directly invests in “smaller” local and community banks (<$10 billion in assets) through purchasing preferred stock, which returns between 1% to 7% in dividends to the government based on how effective their small business lending programs are. For example, a bank that boosts their small business lending by 10% over last year’s levels would only have to pay the government a 1% dividend. Whereas banks that do not increase their small business lending, could face a dividend repayment of up to 7%. The preferred is also one way the government is able to ensure banks lend money (a major issue with the TARP bank bailouts) and also to pay for this lending program without significantly adding to the deficit.

Some tax cut!

Liberals, I swear!

Look, birdbrain, until businesses have enough capital to invest, revenues (the Treasury) will continue to be depleted or at best remain stagnant. You look at the short term, when the long term effect is what matters. Duh...

But that's so typical of conservative think: Gimme now, fuck the future. We'll deal with reality one of these days...

I told you that's what liberals would say.

We tell the truth, honey, and admit our mistakes and move on. I realize that's foreign to most of your ilk, however, especially someone like you masquerading as an adult.

Yeah, keep reading honey and see how adult you can stay!

Carry on, child. Anyone who constantly needs a ton of smileys to make her point needs to go play in her own sandbox of like-minded kiddies.

Some tax cut!

Liberals, I swear!

Look, birdbrain, until businesses have enough capital to invest, revenues (the Treasury) will continue to be depleted or at best remain stagnant. You look at the short term, when the long term effect is what matters. Duh...

But that's so typical of conservative think: Gimme now, fuck the future. We'll deal with reality one of these days...

Who's the bird brain when you call a LOAN a tax cut!

That Democrats would pass a LOAN and call it a tax cut, is no surprise.

That you idiots on the liberal side expect us to believe it is no surprise.

But how is the "long term" helped with a big spending government program, masquerading as a "tax cut?"

If they really wanted to help the "long term" they would have actually MADE it a tax cut, and helped these businesses to start hiring.

Instead, they made an excuse to start another big spending program to TAKE OVER MORE BUSINESES LIKE GM!

And you are surprised businesses didn't bite?

Just because Democrats are dumb as stumps when it comes to this, don't expect the rest of us to lower our IQs.

Yeah, keep reading honey and see how adult you can stay!

Carry on, child. Anyone who constantly needs a ton of smileys to make her point needs to go play in her own sandbox of like-minded kiddies.

Yeah, kiddies give you stats to prove your full of crap.

You're the only one still in the sand box throwing sand, because you know you lost the debate!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

not hardly

i submit that your assumption is flawed and therefore all that follows is equally flawed. most new presidents don't think it's going to be easy, imo.

most people, i would wager, don't assume any new job is going to be easy, least of all the presidency.

not hardly

i submit that your assumption is flawed and therefore all that follows is equally flawed. most new presidents don't think it's going to be easy, imo.

most people, i would wager, don't assume any new job is going to be easy, least of all the presidency.

I didn't say "easy." I said "easier than they thought." And it's true.

I didn't say "easy." I said "easier than they thought." And it's true.

The only thing true here is you got owned on everything you said.

Still you want to make excuses for Obama.

Sure, he thought it would be easier than it was.

Not because he's naive, but because he's a narcissist with delusions of grandeur. He believed he would be sooooooooo venerated, no one would dare oppose him.

He admitted as much in the article.

Remember what he told Democrats when they pointed out how badly Democrats lost in 1994 over nationalized health care.

"This time you have ME!" That's what Obama told the Democrats. He truly believed he was sooooooooooooooo special, that everyone would just LOVE him.

And liberals are so brainless about that, they scream racism and treason to anyone who doesn't worship Obama as much as they do.

First time i've seen this President being honest. He's right on this one. I said this a long time ago.

First time i've seen this President being honest. He's right on this one. I said this a long time ago.

I don't think he is being honest. I think it's a political calculation.

"Feel sorry for me, I tried so hard for you!"

I don't think it'a calculation that will work, but I do think it's a calculation.

Forum List

Back