Obama "There's no such thing as shovel ready jobs."

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Gee, Obama. Do you think you could have, maybe, figured that out BEFORE you spent our children and grandchildren into debt?

I mean, way to go!

Dumbass!

I mean you have to read this thing. It drips with self pitying narcisissm.

President Obama said that he expected Republicans to offer him more cooperation after November’s elections, no matter the outcome.
In an hour-long interview with the Times’s White House correspondent, Peter Baker, Mr. Obama predicted that his political rivals would either be chastened by falling short of their electoral goals or burdened with the new responsibility that comes from achieving them.

In the magazine article, Mr. Obama reflects on his presidency, admitting that he let himself look too much like “the same old tax-and-spend Democrat,” realized too late that “there’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects” and perhaps should have “let the Republicans insist on the tax cuts” in the stimulus.

He also predicted that in the next two years, his administration would focus less on trying to pass new legislation and more on implementing and consolidating what passed in the first two years.

President Obama Looks Forward ? and Back - NYTimes.com

Gee, on the job training! With our children, and our children's children's future as his building blocks. Nice!

You ever notice with these guys, that isn't true until THEY figure it out? I mean conservatives told Obama and the country this "shovel ready jobs" stuff was BS before the Porkulus, er I mean stimulus was passed.

I mean IN that statement, "there is no such thing as shovel ready jobs" he is ADMITTING the money all went to cronies and vote buying.

Gee thank for admitting we were right Obama. Can we have the money BACK now?

As for the last sentence. I don't believe FOR A MINUTE, that Obama will moderate like that. It's not in his DNA. He's going to go full steam ahead on his radical agenda.

He's just hoping, at this late date, people believe he will moderate and not vote out Democrats after all. PWEASE!!!! :eusa_pray:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I just saw that on the news and it was followed by a ton of clips of him saying how there were shovel ready projects.

So this $787 billion dollar stimulus was supposed to be paid back largely by the shovel ready projects that Obama promised were waiting and now he says ooops there is no such thing.

I cant' imagine how his supporters are going to defend him on this one.

I just saw that on the news and it was followed by a ton of clips of him saying how there were shovel ready projects.

So this $787 billion dollar stimulus was supposed to be paid back largely by the shovel ready projects that Obama promised were waiting and now he says ooops there is no such thing.

I expect they will say, AT LEAST Obama can admit when he's wrong. Bush never could! :eusa_snooty:

It doesn't matter that Bush didn't spend us into oblivion as Obama did in his first four months.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ha ha ha They are a creative bunch so we shall see how they turn the blame on Bush.

Well of course.

Silly You Grace.

EVERYTHING is BUSH's fault doncha know. LOL

40% of the stimulus bill comes in the form of tax cuts for business. Although it has not all been spent yet, it's saved a good number of jobs, and kept many states from having to impose extremely harsh measures.

Nope it wasn't perfect..but nothing is "perfect".

Infrastructure investment was $180 billion of the stimulus. It was the smallest component of the package.

Have to give him points for admitting he was wrong. Now lets see if he can work with the conservatives instead of telling them they are wrong and going with all dem ideas.
Where did he admit he was "wrong"? Looks to me like he admitted he was lying all along.

But I hope he does stay hard left. See how it's woken up Americans and re-energized the right? If he keeps this up, we on the right are gonna' have to build monuments to Obama and praise him for destroying the Democrat Party.

40% of the stimulus bill comes in the form of tax cuts for business. Although it has not all been spent yet, it's saved a good number of jobs, and kept many states from having to impose extremely harsh measures.

Tax cuts for business????????????????

PLEASE give us the evidence for that stat.

I can't wait to see it!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Gee, Obama. Do you think you could have, maybe, figured that out BEFORE you spent our children and grandchildren into debt?

I mean, way to go!

Dumbass!

President Obama said that he expected Republicans to offer him more cooperation after November’s elections, no matter the outcome.
In an hour-long interview with the Times’s White House correspondent, Peter Baker, Mr. Obama predicted that his political rivals would either be chastened by falling short of their electoral goals or burdened with the new responsibility that comes from achieving them.

In the magazine article, Mr. Obama reflects on his presidency, admitting that he let himself look too much like “the same old tax-and-spend Democrat,” realized too late that “there’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects” and perhaps should have “let the Republicans insist on the tax cuts” in the stimulus.

He also predicted that in the next two years, his administration would focus less on trying to pass new legislation and more on implementing and consolidating what passed in the first two years.

Gee, on the job training! With our children, and our children's children's future as his building blocks. Nice!

You ever notice with these guys, that isn't true until THEY figure it out? I mean conservatives told Obama and the country this "shovel ready jobs" stuff was BS before the Porkulus, er I mean stimulus was passed.

I mean IN that statement, "there is no such thing as shovel ready jobs" he is ADMITTING the money all went to cronies and vote buying.

As for the last sentence. I don't believe FOR A MINUTE, that Obama will moderate like that. It's not in his DNA. He's going to go full steam ahead on his radical agenda.

He's just hoping, at this late date, people believe he will moderate and not vote out Democrats after all. PWEASE!!!! :eusa_pray:

How refreshing that we finally have a president who admits his mistakes.

He also said in that interview that he didn't realize how difficult it would be implementing policy by trying to coordinate with all other factors that get in the way, i.e., state governments who put roadblocks (no pun intended) in the way of the shovels (paraphrasing his comments.)

Do I fault Obama for being naive about how Washington works? Yes, I do. But that naivete is an affliction for any new president. They all think they can just walk into the Oval Office and start making changes and everything (and everyone) will just fall in line. Quickly. Obama was also naive to think he could end lobbying influence.

I expect they will say, AT LEAST Obama can admit when he's wrong. Bush never could! :eusa_snooty:

It doesn't matter that Bush didn't spend us into oblivion as Obama did in his first four months.

Oh but he did. The tax cuts alone cost $1.8 trillion in the first eight years, according to an analysis by the Tax Policy Center. Then there was the two wars on top of tax cuts, with the Iraq war alone running about $9 billion PER MONTH in direct costs which weren't even added to annual deficit numbers because they were "emergency" supplementals! The cost analysis for the Iraq war is still incomplete as to hidden costs, such as extensive medical treatment beyond VA budgets required for the damaged troops, and replacement of tens of millions of dollars worth of heavy military equipment.

ha ha ha They are a creative bunch so we shall see how they turn the blame on Bush.

Bush is credited for signing off on TARP, you know that evil taxpayer bank bailout. But ironically, the taxpayers have actually profited from the bailout, as those banks have repaid the loans at high interest rates, which is something you rarely hear about. Educate yourself, Gracie. There are adults who play here.

Have to give him points for admitting he was wrong. Now lets see if he can work with the conservatives instead of telling them they are wrong and going with all dem ideas.
Where did he admit he was "wrong"? Looks to me like he admitted he was lying all along.

But I hope he does stay hard left. See how it's woken up Americans and re-energized the right? If he keeps this up, we on the right are gonna' have to build monuments to Obama and praise him for destroying the Democrat Party.

Lying? How is a projection, or an assumption based on information at hand a "lie"?? Good God, you people are stupid. Here's an idea. Read something. And start with a dictionary.

Tax cuts for business????????????????

PLEASE give us the evidence for that stat.

I can't wait to see it!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jeezus, do you ever actually pay attention to anything?

» 2010 Small Business Jobs Bill – Tax Breaks, SBA Loans, and Bonus Depreciation | Saving to Inve$t

I mean, way to go!

Dumbass!

How refreshing that we finally have a president who admits his mistakes.

I told you that's what liberals would say.

Forum List

Back