Non-Disclosure and Economists

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Minyanville digest one of my daily reads had a piece today on conflict of interest and the statements of government and academic economists. It was anecdotal evidence of misdeeds and how they mostly go unreported but I was wondering are there non-tinhat sites that keep track of such things so I can judge for myself how wide spread this problem is?

The article reported nothing but disconnected anecdotes which is why I asked if there is any evidence of anything more than tinhat anecdotes on the subject? Picking up big money to sit on a board of directors and rubber stamping what the CEO does while working maybe 80-100 hours per year to pad the old resume and making some PR comments to keep that $300 retainer coming in was one example. A book about Iceland's finances where a fed employee was lead author (he rented his name out) was another example. A book whose publisher was Goldman Sachs that says nice things about Goldman Sachs was another example. On my 1-10 scandal meter the whole article rated about 0.5 but I was wondering how much faux scandal was making the rounds on this subject.

Forum List

Back