Obama Tells Dems He'll Oppose Tax Cut Deal Without Unemployment Benefits, Other Relie

Obama Tells Dems He'll Oppose Tax Cut Deal Without Unemployment Benefits, Other Relief

My CINC putting his foot down and making the Repugs work and fulfill their end of the bargain to take care of all Americans and not just the wealthy, this is why I voted for him.

It is not the role of Government to 'take care of' anyone. You voted for him because you're an idiot who doesn't understand the Constitution that you are sworn to defend.... which is not surprising since you actually think you're 'defending Americans'.

I'm seriously considering supporting Palin for President.... just so I can watch your head explode when she becomes your CINC. That would be some funny shit. :lol:

If its not the govs job to take care of anyone then they shouldnt mind unemplyment, its paid for by the employee during their working life.

Obama Tells Dems He'll Oppose Tax Cut Deal Without Unemployment Benefits, Other Relief

My CINC putting his foot down and making the Repugs work and fulfill their end of the bargain to take care of all Americans and not just the wealthy, this is why I voted for him.

So much for bipartisanship and working with the other side.
Not that anyone realistically expected this poseur of a president to do otherwise. He is politically inept, economically illiterate, and socially flawed.

Extending unemployment benefits beyond the already 99 weeks is not "taking care" of anyone. It is making a permanent entitlement not to work. With 9.8% unemployment, unprecedented at this stage of any recovery, one would think Obama would be looking for a game changer rather than more of the same.

Its not a move to extend benefits beyond 99 weeks. Its a move to assist others that have fallen recently on the no job sword. Those that started off with the EUC are no longer eligible.

If its not the govs job to take care of anyone then they shouldnt mind unemplyment, its paid for by the employee during their working life.

Where do you get such misinformation. Employees do not pay for unemployment insurance.

Damn you lie alot.

I will bet my last dollar that Obama tells the GOP that he will give them the tax cuts if they give him the Dream Act.

If the person was not creating profit the employer would not have them there.

When an employer calculates the cost of a worker this is calculated in. The worker is the one producing the funds to pay the cost for the employer.

One of the arguments against unemployment insurance was that it was funds the employee would have gotten to take home.

No employee no unemployment fund huh.

If the person was not creating profit the employer would not have them there.

When an employer calculates the cost of a worker this is calculated in. The worker is the one producing the funds to pay the cost for the employer.

One of the arguments against unemployment insurance was that it was funds the employee would have gotten to take home.

No employee no unemployment fund huh.

so you dont know a damn thing about business. Thats been appearent.

I can charge the employee a portion of his workmans comp. But not unemployment.

Just because we figure it in in our overall costs does not mean the employee pays for it.

It is not the role of Government to 'take care of' anyone. You voted for him because you're an idiot who doesn't understand the Constitution that you are sworn to defend.... which is not surprising since you actually think you're 'defending Americans'.

I'm seriously considering supporting Palin for President.... just so I can watch your head explode when she becomes your CINC. That would be some funny shit. :lol:

Stop being a drama queen with your personal attacks CG, its not making your argument stronger or strong at all, and how can you accuse Flaylo doesn't understand the Constitution he defends when you're seriously thinking about voting for Palin, someone who most definitely is not going to do the country any good and a person you claim to disdain?

How much will it cost the government to extend unemployment benefits?

How much tax revenue will be as a result of the Bush II tax cuts for billionaires being extended?

Do any of us know?

I don't.

But what I do know is that in both cases, the government will have to BORROW MONEY to pay for BOTH plans.

And one plan, the Republican, will cost some amount.

And the other plan, the Democratic, will cost some amount.

Perhaps it would aid us in evaluating these two plans (that might become part of one compromise) to actually KNOW how much each will cost.

Or are we entirely happy just spewing insults at each other and do we feel that have no need to fully understand what we are talking really about?

Which plan will actually channel productive resources into the economy so it will start to grow?
Which plan pays to keep valuable resources (labor) off the market?
That's pretty much all you need to ask here.

So, in your opinion, Rab, one doesn't need to KNOW what a policy will cost to decide its efficacy?

That tired old cost/return ratio business is entirely a waste of our time?

Interesting POV coming from somebody who touts his business acumen.

Please remind me...how did you get so rich again?

Were you in the inheritance business or did you stumble onto a gold mine?

Can't answer the question so you deflect to highlight your own incompetence in not researching what each plan will cost.
In fact keeping tax rates as they are will not "cost" anything, since they are already at that rate. You might as well say raising them will cost money since they are short of total confiscation.
Once again, Dems prove they cannot reason and are blinded by ideology.

Where do you get such misinformation. Employees do not pay for unemployment insurance.

Damn you lie alot.

It's factored in when a potential employee is considered for employment since it is a government mandate. And is payed for by the employer.

Not that anyone realistically expected this poseur of a president to do otherwise. He is politically inept, economically illiterate, and socially flawed.

Extending unemployment benefits beyond the already 99 weeks is not "taking care" of anyone. It is making a permanent entitlement not to work. With 9.8% unemployment, unprecedented at this stage of any recovery, one would think Obama would be looking for a game changer rather than more of the same.

So much for bipartisanship? The Republicans want all the budget busting tax cuts extended. The Democrats want UE extended.

If the Democrats agreed to extend the taxcuts with no UE extension, what exactly are the Republicans doing in the name of 'bipartisanship'?

So much for bipartisanship? The Republicans want all the budget busting tax cuts extended. The Democrats want UE extended.

If the Democrats agreed to extend the taxcuts with no UE extension, what exactly are the Republicans doing in the name of 'bipartisanship'?

The GOP was willing to extend UE but insisted it be paid for. Remember PayGo? The rule Nancy Pelosi swore she would hold to? That's the one the GOP insisted on. And the Dems won't do it.
But you are conflating two issues that are separate. I thought Obama promised to govern in a bipartisan manner. So here it is. Here is his chance to work with the GOP and be bipartisan. Does he do it? NOOOOO. He engages in the usual politics class warfare demogogery he always has.
Aren't you just disgusted with yourself for supporting that fake?

Damn you lie alot.

It's factored in when a potential employee is considered for employment since it is a government mandate. And is payed for by the employer.

Employees do not pay for it. It is a cost of doing business, Now I can charge the employees with part of the workmans comp that is collected, but not for unemployment.

Damn you lie alot.

Employees do not pay for it. It is a cost of doing business, Now I can charge the employees with part of the workmans comp that is collected, but not for unemployment.

Like everything, employees ultimately pay for it. If you didnt pay it as a cost of employing them you might offer them more money.

What's the big deal of extending unemployment? It's simply a case of circumstances demanding more than we anticipated. That happens all the time and conservatives don't throw a fit. It happens in cost overruns for weapons systems all the time and you certainly don't hear the right crying about that.

Damn you lie alot.

Agreed.

What's the big deal of extending unemployment? It's simply a case of circumstances demanding more than we anticipated. That happens all the time and conservatives don't throw a fit. It happens in cost overruns for weapons systems all the time and you certainly don't hear the right crying about that.

Um, extending UE causes more UE. That's the basic problem. It also is spending money we don't have for something we don't need. I realize Democrats don't care since it's someone else's money. But some of us do.
As for cost over runs, who says no one is upset about it?

Like everything, employees ultimately pay for it. If you didnt pay it as a cost of employing them you might offer them more money.

Most people don't realize the cost to an employer to hire someone based upon Government mandates...and it is well considered by the employer if the employer's company is to remain profitable.

But what sticks in the craw of most Statists' brains is that evil word...profit.

These cretins think companies exist just to give people jobs and for no other reason.

When I started my business my rate was 35 cents an hour I managed to get it reduced to 15, now with the recent economic developments I am at 65 cents an hour.

It would not have affected what I pay at all.

The employees do not pay for it. If you want to prove the argument produce a pay stub showing they paid it. Other wise it is nothing more then an expense just like the phone bill.

When I started my business my rate was 35 cents an hour I managed to get it reduced to 15, now with the recent economic developments I am at 65 cents an hour.

It would not have affected what I pay at all.

The employees do not pay for it. If you want to prove the argument produce a pay stub showing they paid it. Other wise it is nothing more then an expense just like the phone bill.

But an expense you must endure none the less is the point. ;)

Forum List

Back