Obama: Tax the rich or i’ll disarm america

Which do Republicans value more?

Americas safety or tax cuts for millionaires?

We know the answer don't we?

The ball is in the Republicans court

They set the bar for sequestration. There is agreement on middle class tax breaks. Are Republicans willing to drive the country over a cliff to preserve their millionaire tax breaks?

don't you love how they try to pretend the sequestration was the president's fault... i do seem to recall a certain vice presidential candidate being instrumental in holding our economy hostage and voting for the sequestration.

could it have been....

yes.... it could...

paul ryan?

but we can blame it on the president, i guess...

And Obama and the Dems opposed it tooth and nail, right?
When will you stop trying to apportion blame and start trying to make sense and get towards a solution? The solution to trillion+ dollar deficits is not a tax increase that will raise a couple of hundred billion dollars. What about that is difficult to understand, even for you, "counselor"?

Why is it every time someone proposes reining in military spending conservatives run around clucking about how the Democrats are trying to disarm America? I've got news for you. We can't afford our defense budget anymore. There is no reason why we need to have 700 bases around the world nor to continue playing world policemen. Our defense budget should focus on defending our land and our borders, period. Not Afghanistan's, not Libya's, not Japan's, not any of the Europeans, not Israel's, none.

You people seem to think that the military deserves a blank check to spend what ever they want. We could cut our defense budget by a third and still more than adequately protect our nation from an attack.

duh.....even Obama's OWN Defense Secretary is calling it "catastrophic".....

the draconian cuts are a threat to our national security interests.....

And here we see the leftists and the narco-libertarians united in their hatred for America's place in the world.
Virtually every war and terrorist attack int he last 20 years was caused by American weakness, not American strength.
Obama is going all or nothing on this one. I bet he gets nothing but time off in Hawaii for the next 4 years to write his memoirs.

A little cut in military spending now equates to disarming America, lmao! We spend almost as much on our military as the rest of the world combined, but cutting a little bit means disarming ourselves. :rofl:

"a little cut".......? :cuckoo:

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta is warning that the deficit-reduction supercommittee’s failure to agree on a savings plan will force dramatic cuts to America’s nuclear arms, including the elimination of ground-based intercontinental ballistic missiles, cancellation or delays in plans to build a new strategic bomber, and cuts to missile submarine production.

The drastic budget reductions triggered by the panel’s failure would lead to the smallest U.S. ground forces since 1940 and the smallest Navy since the beginning of World War I, he said Monday. The Air Force and the Defense Department’s civilian workforce would shrink to their lowest levels ever.

Read more: Leon Panetta paints doomsday scenario - Tim Mak and Charles Hoskinson - POLITICO.com

Obamacare is going to be paid for by stealing billions from national defense.

So some fatass piece of shit sitting on her ass in the ghetto can get free healthcare, the US military will lay off a handful of troops doing real work for this country....

it's a false choice..... engineered by anti-American Obama.......:mad:

Actually, it was engineered by the Republicans

They only passed the Bush tax cuts to last ten years...we are past that time
As part of budget reconcilliation they agreed that if they could not come to an agreement on debt reduction that military cuts and tax increases would automatically take effect

The Republicans have not upheld their end of the bargain and are now faced with a military cut

So...which do you value more Republicans? Tax cuts for Millionaires or Americas safety?

As part of budget reconcilliation they agreed that if they could not come to an agreement on debt reduction that military cuts and tax increases would automatically take effect

The Republicans have not upheld their end of the bargain and are now faced with a military cut

So...which do you value more Republicans? Tax cuts for Millionaires or Americas safety?

So Republicans passed this with zero agreement from Dems? Uh,no.
Obama and the Dems passed the last extension of the Bush/Obama tax cuts. They were perfectly capable, holding a super majority, of letting them expire. So why didnt they?
Will Democrats give us a choice of class warfare or real warfare?

Obamination and his fellow Democraps believe cutting the DoD budget which has been said to cost up to a million jobs in the DoD industry will be offset by the ghetto trash getting the welfare handouts from DoD money funneled to entitlement programs.

Democraps believe some DoD people will still vote for them because they will just blame Buuuuuuush and the Republicans. They also believe some people in the DoD industry will still support Democraps because they share the same fucked up liberal beliefs in the end.

So Democraps are putting political gain above the defense of this country. They are taking a risk to stay in power....

it's not a choice between defense cuts and tax increases for the rich....Obama is just using our military as a bargaining chip.....

i can't wait for the domestic programs to start being cut 8%......who'll be screaming then.....? :lol:

Nothing gets fixed overnight. We have been heading down this path for thirty years with reduced tax rates on the wealthy. These rates have not provided the jobs they promised. There was no trickle down. All we got was more debt and the wealthiest among us grabbing a bigger slice of the pie

Funny how you never seem to think wanton spending is part of the problem.

Where did I say that?

I happen to believe the only way to significantly reduce the debt is to reduce spending while you increase revenue

We need sacrifice from all......not just those programs you don't benefit from

Then why did you only mention taxes on the so called wealthy as part of the problem in your post.

What you leave out is more telling than what you write.

And quite frankly I don't believe I should give the fucking thieves in DC one more fucking red cent of my money until meaningful permanent spending cuts are passed into law.

Funny how you never seem to think wanton spending is part of the problem.

Where did I say that?

I happen to believe the only way to significantly reduce the debt is to reduce spending while you increase revenue

Then why did you only mention taxes on the so called wealthy as part of the problem in your post.

And quite frankly I don't believe I should give the fucking thieves in DC one more fucking red cent of my money until meaningful permanent spending cuts are passed into law.

interesting how the left screams "tax the rich!" "tax the rich!".......when what they really mean is

tax the rich
tax the middle class
tax the poor

....all in the name of "sacrifice".......:lol:

there isn't a tax that Obamaturd doesn't like....

The reason tax increases are non-negotiable at this point is because Congress had an AMPLE opportunity to appoint a commision that would identify spending cuts.. THEY FAILED..

MISERABLY.. Not even a DOLLAR of spending cuts.. Under those terms ---- NO ONE gets a tax increase.

It's misdirected, it's vindictive, and its a cover for uncontrolled spending and fiscal irresponsibility..

You want to talk tax cuts ---- SIGN AN F'ING BUDGET....

Where did I say that?

interesting how the left screams "tax the rich!" "tax the rich!".......when what they really mean is

tax the rich
tax the middle class
tax the poor

It is the Republicans whining about the 47%

tax the rich
tax the middle class
tax the poor

It is the Republicans whining about the 47%

why the hell shouldn't they....?

The Defense budget has already been cut substantially.

4c5e4ec3a0c00_blog.jpg

Is Rottweiler is a paid poster on the Board?

If so, then he is following prepared boiler plate arguments.

Whoever is preparing the plates are letting Rott down. He does not stand a chance.

Forum List

Back