Obama takes off the gloves...

the whole malpractice lawsuit thing is baseless.... and malpractice cases are only a teeny part of insurance company expenditures in any event.

The cost of malpractice lawsuits and settlements are a relatively very small amount.

However, the cost of defensive medicine is where the real money is lost.

A perfect example is obtaining a CT scan on everyone who comes into the ED with a minor head trauma to rule out intracranial bleed. Studies have shown that with a simple physical exam and asking the patient questions, the risk of bleed is very low, thus not necessitating expensive imaging.

However, standard of care in the ED (which is not necessarily based on evidence, but based on what everyone else does) is that a CT is to be performed. This standard of care is based on all providers doing this test just in case so that we won't get sued...even though it is not cost effective or necessary.

Great point.

My 89 year old father was not feeling well, so they gave him 3 CAT scans. He figured the cost at thousands of dollars.

They wanted to give him a fourth, but he said no.

Now he feels fine.

Obama just buried the Republicans.

Great moment....Republicans' standing ovation for protecting bad doctors.

Loved it!

Do you live in Opposite Land?
Just in case you haven't been paying attention, the democrats control both the House and the Senate (oh, and the presidency), just exactly how can the republicans stop anything?

Bad doctors? Don't you just love it when Obama blames everyone else. Funny--but I really have never run into a "bad" doctor. If he is referring to those that give extra tests--he might want to consider that they are covering their butt's for the next mal-practice law suit. And since "tort" reform is the last thing on his mind--this activity will certainly continue.

$obama-vs-blue-dogs.gif

But you're right Republicans can't stop anything.

I'll make you feel at home, Frank....

Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton,

Ol' times there were not forgotten,

Look away, look away, look away, Dixieland!

The very first time any member of my family ever set foot in this country was well after the north defeated the Democrats effort to keep slavery legal in the Civil War

Now the Republicans have picked up the banner of the Dixiecrats!

I loved the fact that the Republican rebuttal was given by Senator Foghorn Leghorn from Swamptown, Miss.

the whole malpractice lawsuit thing is baseless.... and malpractice cases are only a teeny part of insurance company expenditures in any event.

The cost of malpractice lawsuits and settlements are a relatively very small amount.

A perfect example is obtaining a CT scan on everyone who comes into the ED with a minor head trauma to rule out intracranial bleed. Studies have shown that with a simple physical exam and asking the patient questions, the risk of bleed is very low, thus not necessitating expensive imaging.

However, standard of care in the ED (which is not necessarily based on evidence, but based on what everyone else does) is that a CT is to be performed. This standard of care is based on all providers doing this test just in case so that we won't get sued...even though it is not cost effective or necessary.

Great point.

My 89 year old father was not feeling well, so they gave him 3 CAT scans. He figured the cost at thousands of dollars.

Now he feels fine.

Aren't you glad the 3 CATscans healed him ? :lol:

and the cost of carrying malpractice insurance certainly adds to a doctor's overhead and that cost is passed on to the consumer. wonder what a brain surgeon pays yearly in malpractice insurance?

Tort reform passed in Texas some time ago, the insured have not gone up, and the cost has not gone down. Next neo-right lie, please.

Great point.

Now he feels fine.

:lol:

Great point.

Now he feels fine.

:lol: They probably gave him brain cancer.

Health care's comin', health care's comin',
The neo-nuts are bummin', bummin'.

And with what Three-Dog Night sound track does that work?

What I heard adds up to the puiblic option winning out and taking control in a matter of years. So the end result is the same. Nothing new from Obama.

Did I tells or did I tells you? Stupidcons really thought that their hate was going to change history.

Did I tells or did I tells you? Stupidcons really thought that their hate was going to change history.

They opposed Social Security in 1935...

They opposed Medicare in 1965...

They opposed the public option in 2009...

They are always on the wrong side of history.

It's what they do.

It's what they do.

a lot of dems are against the public option, you stupid braindead fuck.

It's what they do.

Where will Dems hide when Medicare and SocSec bust?

It's what they do.

Where will Dems hide when Medicare and SocSec bust?

They ain't goin bust.

Nice fear tactics though.

Fear tactics are what you do!

Loved it!

Malpractice reform is not for protecting bad doctors.

It is for protecting good doctors from frivolous lawsuits...and thereby protecting the healthcare system from extraneous and expensive testing.

Frivolous law suits should be chucked out at their first appearance in court. Doesn't that happen in the US system? Is there no evaluation of the weight of the case?

Loved it!

You mean just like in all those other countries that you keep insisting have better and more affordable health care than we do?

None of us protect bad doctors (well doctors do but that's to be expected).

I know, but Obama wanted people to see the Republicans standing up for them.

It was a brilliant political tactic, and the Republicans fell right into it.

They couldn't help themselves.

Sort of like when Obama appointed Sotomayor to the Supreme Court. The Republicans couldn't help themselves, they had to attack her. Thus, alienating women and Hispanics.

Forum List

Back