Obama takes off the gloves...

You mean just like in all those other countries that you keep insisting have better and more affordable health care than we do?

None of us protect bad doctors (well doctors do but that's to be expected).

I know, but Obama wanted people to see the Republicans standing up for them.

It was a brilliant political tactic, and the Republicans feel right into it.

They couldn't help themselves.

Sort of like when Obama appointed Sotomayor to the Supreme Court. The Republicans couldn't help themselves, they had to attack her. Thus, alienating women and Hispanics.

you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, you dumb fucking invalid. Go peddle your shit properties.

You mean just like in all those other countries that you keep insisting have better and more affordable health care than we do?

None of us protect bad doctors (well doctors do but that's to be expected).

I know, but Obama wanted people to see the Republicans standing up for them.

It was a brilliant political tactic, and the Republicans fell right into it.

They couldn't help themselves.

Sort of like when Obama appointed Sotomayor to the Supreme Court. The Republicans couldn't help themselves, they had to attack her. Thus, alienating women and Hispanics.

Agreed on those points. It's always the moderate centre that decides the fate of a political party or candidate at an election. The noise from the partisan camps - that's plural - is entertaining but it can be very damaging if it isn't controlled. It certainly seems as if the Republicans blew it for sure.

They ain't goin bust.

Nice fear tactics though.

Fear tactics are what you do!

The CBO says that you are a liar.....Which you are.

No, we will just raise taxes and lower benefits to cover the difference.

Social Security and Medicare are here to stay. As they should be.
So you admit that they are going broke, under the current tax and payout structure.

Nice to see you admit that you've been lying out your ass, for a change.

Hey Chris when is "your" president going to stop talking about Bush? Hell he mentioned him several times yet this evening! No wonder you cronies can't get off the subject.

the whole malpractice lawsuit thing is baseless.... and malpractice cases are only a teeny part of insurance company expenditures in any event.

The cost of malpractice lawsuits and settlements are a relatively very small amount.

However, the cost of defensive medicine is where the real money is lost.

A perfect example is obtaining a CT scan on everyone who comes into the ED with a minor head trauma to rule out intracranial bleed. Studies have shown that with a simple physical exam and asking the patient questions, the risk of bleed is very low, thus not necessitating expensive imaging.

However, standard of care in the ED (which is not necessarily based on evidence, but based on what everyone else does) is that a CT is to be performed. This standard of care is based on all providers doing this test just in case so that we won't get sued...even though it is not cost effective or necessary.

and the cost of carrying malpractice insurance certainly adds to a doctor's overhead and that cost is passed on to the consumer. wonder what a brain surgeon pays yearly in malpractice insurance?

The cost of neurosurgery and obstetrics are both the highest...somewhere in the order of $200,000+. I pay around $10,000 as family practice.

Did I tells or did I tells you? Stupidcons really thought that their hate was going to change history.

They opposed Social Security in 1935...

They opposed Medicare in 1965...

They opposed the public option in 2009...

They are always on the wrong side of history.

It's what they do.
We're in the Information Age; Americans didn't get as much info as they do today.

In fact, people weren't as fortunate back then. Heck, in the '30s, you hardly got any info at all, except for a radio (if you had one) or a newspaper.

With the age of the net, FB, 100 million TV channels...ooh man.

Last edited:
Hey Chris when is "your" president going to stop talking about Bush? Hell he mentioned him several times yet this evening! No wonder you cronies can't get off the subject.

Maybe when he finally cleans up the incredible mess Bush-Cheney left us with.

Obama called out the Republicans on their lies tonight.

They looked like schoolboys caught by the teacher.

It was great!

Obama just buried the Republicans.

Great moment....Republicans' standing ovation for protecting bad doctors.

Loved it!

Malpractice reform is not for protecting bad doctors.

It is for protecting good doctors from frivolous lawsuits...and thereby protecting the healthcare system from extraneous and expensive testing.

Frivolous law suits should be chucked out at their first appearance in court. Doesn't that happen in the US system? Is there no evaluation of the weight of the case?

But can you imagine getting served just because someone wasn't happy with their outcome...and even though it get thrown out, all of the angst and aggravation of the whole process.

It will make you consider getting a CT scan or MRI on everyone "just in case" and to try to prevent the possibility of being sued ever again.

That's where the cost is.

It was great!
You need a job in Talk Radio...except you can represent the left instead of the right. You've got the Talk Radio tactics down pat SO WELL!

With your reasoning and tactics, Hush Bimbo might be unemployed!

Last edited:
Did I tells or did I tells you? Stupidcons really thought that their hate was going to change history.

It's what they do.

They Opposed Group Think.

They Opposed The Chains Of Tyranny.

They Opposed The Great Deceiver.

Their Truth, Their Hope, had No Strings. No Strings at All.

The Trojan Horse II. Staring The Abomination Cast and Crew.

Obama Wants You, Obama wants Me,

Obama wants Grand Ma and Grand Pa, and all the little babies too.

And The Engine of Totalitarianism Feeds On.

The Speech sort of reminds me of Deep Purple "Child in Time".

Well, I guess Nobody can accuse Him of Original Thought.

It's what they do.
We're in the Information Age; Americans didn't get as much info as they do today.

In fact, people weren't as fortunate back then. Heck, in the '30s, you hardly got any info at all, except for a radio (if you had one) or a newspaper.

With the age of the net, FB, 100 million TV channels...ooh man.

I remember reading that the average person gets more information in a daily newspaper than did a person in mediaeval Europe in their whole lifetime. But I also think that "information" isn't "knowledge." We may be better informed but I don't know if there's been a corresponding increase in knowledge.

It was great!
You need a job in Talk Radio...except you can represent the left instead of the right. You've got the Talk Radio tactics down pat SO WELL!

The Republicans lied about death panels.

The Republicans lied about funding abortions.

The Republicans lied about illegals.

It was great!

Did Obama switch parties in the last hour?

Malpractice reform is not for protecting bad doctors.

It is for protecting good doctors from frivolous lawsuits...and thereby protecting the healthcare system from extraneous and expensive testing.

Frivolous law suits should be chucked out at their first appearance in court. Doesn't that happen in the US system? Is there no evaluation of the weight of the case?

But can you imagine getting served just because someone wasn't happy with their outcome...and even though it get thrown out, all of the angst and aggravation of the whole process.

It will make you consider getting a CT scan or MRI on everyone "just in case" and to try to prevent the possibility of being sued ever again.

That's where the cost is.

And that's the "defensive medicine" you mentioned. It's a good point. Being served is a bit alarming, I admit (I have only been sued once but once is enough). And I don't know about the US but here the civil burden of proof is only "on the balance of probabilities" which means the burden on the plaintiff isn't all that great.

But I have to say it's alarming to read a coroner's report where someone presented at an ER, was given two tablets and told to go home and then expired due to an aneurism or something. I know doctors aren't omniscient but we trust them to exercise their knowledge and skills to the best of their ability. While we can all make mistakes a doctor's mistakes are going to have major ramifications as opposed to say one of my stuff-ups.

Somehow I'm not that fussed if extra tests are ordered. If it means I have to pay a little more in my Medicare levy to ensure a patient is thoroughly checked out and a doctor can go home with peace of mind then I'm okay with that.

It was great!

Obama Punches like a Girl.

Obama is lying now about funding Grand Ma and Grand Pa's Medicine and Care.

Obama is Lying about funding Abortions now. Big money for decades for his kind. $$$$$

Obama Is Lying now about Illegals, He is planning amnesty, so they will magically become legal.

You All are so drunk on Kool-Aid, it would be funny if it wasn't so destructive to Our Infrastructure.

Who's rules of play has healthcare been hostage to all these years/

Where's Tort Reform? It's nature is more that of a beast than an after thought foot note. Don't You Think? $$$$$ Follow the money.

What are all these mandates that are bankrupting us, and why do the Unions make out like bandits again? They just Pillaged two car companies.

True Reform will be without Partiality and exemption.

True Reform will will remove the loop holes.

True Reform will honor Doctor Patient Relations, not undermine them. Obama was nuts trashing Doctors. He's nuts today.

True Reform will Serve rather than manipulate.

You Clowns cause crisis after crisis, and blame the victim.

Fortunately healthcare reform will pass Congress.

And the Republicans will oppose it, just like they opposed Social Security and Medicare.

Great point.

My 89 year old father was not feeling well, so they gave him 3 CAT scans. He figured the cost at thousands of dollars.

They wanted to give him a fourth, but he said no.

Now he feels fine.

And you are against malpractice tort reform? It's instances just like this one that are driving up the cost of our health care. I'm all for health reform, but the public option is not the answer. It's just another way to make me pay for something you're too fucking lazy to work for yourself.

Fortunately healthcare reform will pass Congress.

And the Republicans will oppose it, just like they opposed Social Security and Medicare.

Good for them. Two more programs that are fucking worthless. Social security isn't enough for anyone to live off of, and Medicare is insurance-lite. If I didn't have to waste paying money into a broken system, I can only imagine what my savings and retirement accounts that I manage myself would look like.

I'm sorry you are too stupid to manage your own retirement and health costs, but I shouldn't suffer because of your incompetence. It's a recurring theme: the responsible people in this country give up their hard earn cash to subsidize the ignorant. If you'd stop being so fucking stupid, I wouldn't have to waste so much of my money.

Forum List

Back