Obama sure lied to NASA

Or the shuttles being retired.

No worries we suck up to the Russians now, Obama just needs more flexibility.
God forbid we thought about using private enterprise. I mean, imagine doing the same thing for a fraction of the cost!

We cant do that...................

spend responsibly? That only accounts for what 20% of the house. They are called terrorists for a reason. Spend responsibly? this is America. Forget about it.

How sad that we are now reduced to hitching a ride with the Russians if we want to get someone into space.

Actually congress cut money for the Constellation project.

But yes Obama lied as well.
Just another lying Bush 3rd term.

Or the shuttles being retired.

No worries we suck up to the Russians now, Obama just needs more flexibility.

The planning for the shuttle program shut down began under Bush. It's just one more Bush policy Obama continued.

Bush had a replacement program that Obama and Pelosi cancelled
The Commercial Orbital Transportation Services program was started under Bush, and, so far, Obama and the current Congress hasn't fucked that up to my knowledge.

He must have watched 60 minutes last night that did the piece. The OP failed to mentioned the part that talked about the transfer to private sector transfer and how Congress helped to derail a lot of that effort.

There was a special on TV about this just last night... The NASA workers were lamenting their loss of jobs and the effects on their communities and businesses...
NASA - Home

Probably a lot of you didn't read this story, but it is the kind of backstabbing that is becoming familiar to those who follow Obama's policy actions. Obama is going to release a budget proposal Monday for NASA that will cancel the Constellation program that was supposed to return humans to the moon by 2020, cancel the Ares I rocket that was to replace the space shuttle to ferry humans to space will be gone, cancel the Ares V cargo rocket that was to launch the fuel and supplies needed to take humans back to the moon, cancel any hope for lunar landers or moon bases, and cancel any near future for Americans to explore and conquer outer space.

Instead, Obama will have NASA focus on studies and reports and analysis for future plans- in other words, do nothing and change nothing about our world and our future in it. Furthermore, NASA will be instructed to change its mission away from exploration of outer space to research and monitoring of climate change. That's right- Obama is turning NASA into yet another agency whose resources will be devoted to that failed religion of climate change.

These changes to policy are bad changes. NASA is not being instructed to do more with less, as Bush told NASA to do. NASA is being told to do nothing, or worse, spend its money and energy and expertise trying to reinforce failed theories. It isn't getting leaner and meaner it its quest to take humanity to the stars, but instead is being beaten down and embarrassed in a quest to make humanity less prosperous and happy.

And these changes are not what Obama promised while on the campaign. On the campaign, he lied through his teeth, told people what they want to hear, and was deceitful about his future intentions. In August of last year, then-Senator Barack Obama detailed a comprehensive space plan that included $2 billion in new funding to reinvigorate NASA and a promise to make space exploration and science a significantly higher priority if he is elected president. Since then, he has made NASA a low priority, not even bothering to name a director for NASA for several months, and instead of increasing funding by $2 billion, NASA's budget is going to be slashed.

This is why I call him the Bizzarro President- whatever he says, you can take to the bank that he is going to do the opposite of what he says. He is a serial liar, a deceitful snake, and an untrustworthy person. His word is meaningless, and his promises worth less.

A Conservative Teacher: Obama's New NASA Policy- Yet More Broken Promises and Lies

Obama aims to ax moon mission
ORLANDO SENTINEL EXCLUSIVE
January 27, 2010|By Robert Block and Mark K. Matthews, Orlando Sentinel

NASA's plans to return astronauts to the moon are dead. So are the rockets being designed to take them there — that is, if President Barack Obama gets his way.

When the White House releases his budget proposal Monday, there will be no money for the Constellation program that was supposed to return humans to the moon by 2020. The troubled and expensive Ares I rocket that was to replace the space shuttle to ferry humans to space will be gone, along with money for its bigger brother, the Ares V cargo rocket that was to launch the fuel and supplies needed to take humans back to the moon.

There will be no lunar landers, no moon bases, no Constellation program at all.

In their place, according to White House insiders, agency officials, industry executives and congressional sources familiar with Obama's long-awaited plans for the space agency, NASA will look at developing a new "heavy-lift" rocket that one day will take humans and robots to explore beyond low Earth orbit. But that day will be years — possibly even a decade or more — away.

In the meantime, the White House will direct NASA to concentrate on Earth-science projects — principally, researching and monitoring climate change — and on a new technology research and development program that will one day make human exploration of asteroids and the inner solar system possible.

There will also be funding for private companies to develop capsules and rockets that can be used as space taxis to take astronauts on fixed-price contracts to and from the International Space Station — a major change in the way the agency has done business for the past 50 years.

The White House budget request, which is certain to meet fierce resistance in Congress, scraps the Bush administration's Vision for Space Exploration and signals a major reorientation of NASA, especially in the area of human spaceflight.

"We certainly don't need to go back to the moon," said one administration official.

Everyone interviewed for this article spoke on condition of anonymity, either because they are not authorized to talk for the White House or because they fear for their jobs. All are familiar with the broad sweep of Obama's budget proposal, but none would talk about specific numbers because these are being tightly held by the White House until the release of the budget.

Obama aims to ax moon mission - Orlando Sentinel

He must have watched 60 minutes last night that did the piece. The OP failed to mentioned the part that talked about the transfer to private sector transfer and how Congress helped to derail a lot of that effort.

Yes, that's it..I saw that...

The Obama administration is requesting $17.7 billion for NASA in its fiscal 2013 budget--down slightly from 2012 levels--doubling the amount spent on development of new commercial manned spacecraft to ferry astronauts to and from the International Space Station and giving a substantial boost to the delayed and over-budget successor to the Hubble Space Telescope.

NASA budget boosts manned space, cuts Mars exploration | The Space Shot - CNET News

This week on 60 Minutes, Scott Pelley reported on the closing of NASA's space shuttle program, and the economic suffering in Brevard County, Florida, home to the Kennedy Space Center. Chris Albert, one of the 60 Minutes cameramen assigned to cover the story, roamed the area with his Canon 5D in hand, trying to capture the heart of the story in pictures. We're featuring Chris' work this week as the first in a series of Overtime videos about the filming of 60 Minutes:

The producer said "Go out there, and see what you can see. Try to show what's happened to the people who live here." I spent two days driving around with my camera.

If you're a photographer arriving in a foreign country and you want to show the beauty of the place, the first thing you do is stop at a shop and look at postcards. The local photographers who shoot those know where to go. Sometimes I buy the postcards and say to my driver, "Take me to this place." But if you're in a place like this, there are no postcards of economic destruction. So, you've got to get local people to guide you. You start filming and sometimes they stop to watch you. That's how you start talking to people and find out what's really happening in a place.

I was photographing a motel and I saw a moving truck. I said, "What are you doing?" and the woman said, "I'm leaving. This area's dead." Patches of it were post-apocalyptic. You saw places completely boarded up, and nature was reclaiming them. Grasses were growing up through the concrete everywhere. It's only been a year or so since NASA's space shuttle program was canceled, but it was amazing the damage that had been done already. It looked like these places had been abandoned for years.

For most people I spoke to, they viewed the space industry as a form of patriotism. They told me, If your country isn't out in the lead in terms of space, who are you? They saw it as a matter of national pride. I used these very slow dolly shots where the camera is moving away from the subject, as if to say, "This is the end."

-- Chris Albert, 60 Minutes cameraman, as told to "60 Minutes Overtime"

Space Coast: Through the lens of 60 Minutes - 60 Minutes Overtime - CBS News

Campaigning there in 08 he said he would never allow them to fold up.
He spoke at NASA stating that.
And then he folds them up.

I don't think that President Obama had believed for a second that he was going to get a Republican House that refused to fund anything.

The House is the one who controls the money, as you well should know.

Forum List

Back