Obama Spokesman Calls Newt Or Anyone Who Says They Can Lower Gas Prices Liars

Funny.....Bush did.

The price at one time was up around where it is now and he did it.

What......your Messiah can't?

So why's he announcing the possible release of oil from the SPR????

This is just one more line of Bull Shit this administration is guilty of trying to push.

I want to ask you, Romney and Santorum why the Republicans are blocking the bill to deal with the oil speculators on Wallstreet who are really responsible for the high gas prices.

Drill baby drill is not the answer.
You have no standing here.
You are an anti-fossil fuel tree hugger.
Your opinion is duly noted.
Now.....Sell you car, don't drive, don't use mass transit and do not use any substance made with or containing petroleum derivatives.
You jerks certainly talk the talk but refuse to walk the walk.

So the USMB standing Czar speaks ;)

Funny.....Bush did.

The price at one time was up around where it is now and he did it.

What......your Messiah can't?

So why's he announcing the possible release of oil from the SPR????

This is just one more line of Bull Shit this administration is guilty of trying to push.

I want to ask you, Romney and Santorum why the Republicans are blocking the bill to deal with the oil speculators on Wallstreet who are really responsible for the high gas prices.

Oh....WHICH bill?

Are you trying to look foolish on purpose?
One other thing...You libs are playing the fiddle with two bows.
You have made your disgust with Wall Street abundantly clear.
However you have no problem using the recent surge of WALL STREET stock prices to heap praise upon Obama..
We're on to your bullshit. You will not get to have it both ways.

Clueless about Wallstreet oil speculators?

P.S. Things are running properly again now because we are regulating Wallstreet. Did you hear that all but Citibank passed their stress test last week? Do you even know what a stress test means? I bet you do not. You are what we call a low information voter.

Last edited:
Check out the Fox News Hypocricy

When Bush was president, Fox News blamed high gas prices on everything except Bush. The only surprising thing is that Fox News even mentioned high gas prices when Bush was president. Back around 2008, high gas prices were this uncontrollable thing that a heroic president was doing his best to contain. In 2012 high gas prices are part of an evil president’s plan to turn us all into Volt-driving pinkos. Now that Barack Obama is president, Fox News thinks that there’s a button the president can push to control gas prices—and Obama just refuses to push the button.

Read more: Randi Rhodes
Randi Rhodes? Are you on crack?
. I have to crack up when I think about Ms Rhodes and how she got shit canned from a company that lost money faster than ice melts in an oven. Oh the press releases say she quit. Ms Rhodes had some not so nice things to say about certain people. Namely and ironically Hillary Clinton and Geraldine Ferraro. Two fellow libs.
What in the hell compelled you to dig up that corpse?
Nobody save a few thousand radical libs and some left over non shaving dirt eating hippies from the 60's, gave a rat's ass what Rhodes had to say. Her show's ratings were so low that Arbitron placed hewr show behind a low powered station in NYC that played Latino polka music.That means for any 15 minute segment fewer than 50,000 people in the 12 -54 demographic were listening. How the fuck can you be so imbecilic that you would dredge up the name of a discredited seldom listened to old hag who by the way has been unable to find employment in the radio business since she "quit" Air America?
Randi Rhodes......Jesus Christ.

Forget about Randi for a second. Just check out the fox news hypocricy when Bush was president, Fox News blamed high gas prices on everything except Bush.

But now that Obama is President, high gas prices are part of an evil president’s plan to turn us all into Volt-driving pinkos. :cuckoo:

I can tell you are a hot head brainwashed low information right wing voter who votes against his own financial interests because of wedge issues.

Check out the Fox News Hypocricy

When Bush was president, Fox News blamed high gas prices on everything except Bush. The only surprising thing is that Fox News even mentioned high gas prices when Bush was president. Back around 2008, high gas prices were this uncontrollable thing that a heroic president was doing his best to contain. In 2012 high gas prices are part of an evil president’s plan to turn us all into Volt-driving pinkos. Now that Barack Obama is president, Fox News thinks that there’s a button the president can push to control gas prices—and Obama just refuses to push the button.

Read more: Randi Rhodes
. I have to crack up when I think about Ms Rhodes and how she got shit canned from a company that lost money faster than ice melts in an oven. Oh the press releases say she quit. Ms Rhodes had some not so nice things to say about certain people. Namely and ironically Hillary Clinton and Geraldine Ferraro. Two fellow libs.
Nobody save a few thousand radical libs and some left over non shaving dirt eating hippies from the 60's, gave a rat's ass what Rhodes had to say. Her show's ratings were so low that Arbitron placed hewr show behind a low powered station in NYC that played Latino polka music.That means for any 15 minute segment fewer than 50,000 people in the 12 -54 demographic were listening. How the fuck can you be so imbecilic that you would dredge up the name of a discredited seldom listened to old hag who by the way has been unable to find employment in the radio business since she "quit" Air America?

Forget about Randi for a second. Just check out the fox news hypocricy when Bush was president, Fox News blamed high gas prices on everything except Bush.

But now that Obama is President, high gas prices are part of an evil president’s plan to turn us all into Volt-driving pinkos. :cuckoo:

I can tell you are a hot head brainwashed low information right wing voter who votes against his own financial interests because of wedge issues.

I guess this is the rights idea of campaining on the economy.

They can't win because facts are on our side. They'll attack the source but not the information within.

Gas Price Facts: Domestic Oil Production Is At Eight-Year High | ThinkProgress

Looks like we have drilled more oil under Obama than we did under Bush and still gas prices are going up. Go figure.

As international tensions and Wall Street speculation move the national gas price average closer to $4, Republicans have charged that Obama is “intentionally” raising prices.

attacks that claim we’re “not expanding our domestic energy capacity” like Cornyn’s “couldn’t be more misguided.”

With gas price misinformation everywhere, a few facts on oil production stand out:

– Under the Obama administration, domestic energy production is at its highest level in eight years.

– The U.S. has more oil and natural gas drilling rigs than the rest of the world. The number of rigs have exploded in the past three years to 1,272.

– “After declining to levels not seen since the 1940s, U.S. crude production began rising again in 2009,” writes the Houston Chronicle.

– The Energy Department confirmed yesterday that the U.S. exported more oil-product than imported for the first time since 1949.

– The five oil giants benefited from $200 million more profit for every penny rise in quarterly gas prices. Yet the industry still benefits from $40 billion in subsidies.

Clearly, we’re producing more oil:

Oh....WHICH bill?

However you have no problem using the recent surge of WALL STREET stock prices to heap praise upon Obama..

P.S. Things are running properly again now because we are regulating Wallstreet. Did you hear that all but Citibank passed their stress test last week? Do you even know what a stress test means? I bet you do not. You are what we call a low information voter.
Who is "we"?
Ok genius, if things are running so well, how is it that those evil Wall Street speculators who according to your side are running up the price of oil and gas, are able to fly under Obama's regulatory radar?
And, you will now post the list of those supposed new regulations?
Umm Bank stress tests? Non sequitur.
You are the 99%. You have no money with which to wager.

They can't win because facts are on our side. They'll attack the source but not the information within.

Looks like we have drilled more oil under Obama than we did under Bush and still gas prices are going up. Go figure.

As international tensions and Wall Street speculation move the national gas price average closer to $4, Republicans have charged that Obama is “intentionally” raising prices.

attacks that claim we’re “not expanding our domestic energy capacity” like Cornyn’s “couldn’t be more misguided.”

With gas price misinformation everywhere, a few facts on oil production stand out:

– Under the Obama administration, domestic energy production is at its highest level in eight years.

– The U.S. has more oil and natural gas drilling rigs than the rest of the world. The number of rigs have exploded in the past three years to 1,272.

– “After declining to levels not seen since the 1940s, U.S. crude production began rising again in 2009,” writes the Houston Chronicle.

– The Energy Department confirmed yesterday that the U.S. exported more oil-product than imported for the first time since 1949.

– The five oil giants benefited from $200 million more profit for every penny rise in quarterly gas prices. Yet the industry still benefits from $40 billion in subsidies.

Us refineries are running well below capacity because of draconian federal regulations which make it almost impossible for refining co's to turn a profit.
Just recently a Sunoco refinery in Philadelphia was closed because after two years of trying, the owner was unable to find a buyer. The US lost 335,000 barrels per day of refining production. Now, with $4 per gallon gas( regular) how is that possible?
You're out of your league sweetie pie.

Oh....WHICH bill?

Who is "we"?
Ok genius, if things are running so well, how is it that those evil Wall Street speculators who according to your side are running up the price of oil and gas, are able to fly under Obama's regulatory radar?

We are currently trying to reign in oil speculators and Republicans are obstructing us. That was my fucking point stupid. How is it you ask? I already told you fucking moron.

We haven't undone every bad bill the GOP passed when they ran the government from 2000-2006. Not even close. So why aren't things rosie again? Because Republicans have too many seats in the House and Senate and the Supreme Court is controlled by Corporations now, ala Citizens United.

The bank stress test is not a non sequitur stupid. Its why/how we make sure they don't go bust again and then come running to us telling us they are too big to fail. You right wing hacks want to forget that the economy crashed because of the shit you did. Not Obama, Pelosi, fanny May, Freddy Mack, Dodd/Frank, Harry Reed. You wish. Facts say otherwise.

But you can't talk to a right winger like you. I know you haven't heard or understand a thing I have told you.

Us refineries are running well below capacity because of draconian federal regulations which make it almost impossible for refining co's to turn a profit.
Just recently a Sunoco refinery in Philadelphia was closed because after two years of trying, the owner was unable to find a buyer. The US lost 335,000 barrels per day of refining production. Now, with $4 per gallon gas( regular) how is that possible?

You righties are cute. You always fall back on your refineries argument. How come I don't hear Romney or Santorum saying that or advocating for more refineries?

Draconian. Like you know what that means. :eusa_drool:

Oh....WHICH bill?

Who is "we"?

and you are the 1%?

How many new refineries were built under Bush?

How come Bush didn't drill baby drill more than Obama?

I shouldn't even let you spin this argument. Fact is, supply is up and demand is down and oil speculators are raping us.

Not to mention American Oil Companies don't pass on the savings to us. They gobble up all the profits. And they sell the oil on the global market, not to you and I. Why would they do that?

You righties are cute. You always fall back on your refineries argument. How come I don't hear Romney or Santorum saying that or advocating for more refineries?

I recall Bush promising to get more refinieries built on abandoned govt land.
What ever happened with that?

Who is "we"?

and you are the 1%?

I can not believe you can put so many facts in front of them and no light bulbs ever go off.

I even thought that I could get Ron Paul supporters to admit that the Wallstreet Oil Speculators are a problem because they understand the private bankers owning the federal reserve is a problem but they can't seem to connect the dots.

Who is "we"?

We are currently trying to reign in oil speculators and Republicans are obstructing us. That was my fucking point stupid. How is it you ask? I already told you fucking moron.

We haven't undone every bad bill the GOP passed when they ran the government from 2000-2006. Not even close. So why aren't things rosie again? Because Republicans have too many seats in the House and Senate and the Supreme Court is controlled by Corporations now, ala Citizens United.

The bank stress test is not a non sequitur stupid. Its why/how we make sure they don't go bust again and then come running to us telling us they are too big to fail. You right wing hacks want to forget that the economy crashed because of the shit you did. Not Obama, Pelosi, fanny May, Freddy Mack, Dodd/Frank, Harry Reed. You wish. Facts say otherwise.

But you can't talk to a right winger like you. I know you haven't heard or understand a thing I have told you.
No..You stated Wall Street was doing well because "we are regulating Wall Street".
Bank stress tests have absolutely NOTHING to do with the commodities markets. ZERO.
I will ask you one more time, who is "we"?
Ok..Since you claim a firm grasp on the facts, account for the actions of Fannie Freddy, Dodd, Frank, Pelosi et al....
One only has to look to the federal government's meddling in the housing and mortgage lending markets. Clearly, the government made many serious errors when it went ahead and demanded banks lend money to otherwise unqualified mortgage loan applicants.
It all ran down hill from there. THOSE are the facts. They are not in dispute.
Now, if you want to start with the personal attacks, I'll drop the gloves.
Deal with this.. Carry on, you useless pile of organic matter.
Essen Sie Scheiße und sterben Sie.

Who is "we"?

and you are the 1%?

I can not believe you can put so many facts in front of them and no light bulbs ever go off.

I even thought that I could get Ron Paul supporters to admit that the Wallstreet Oil Speculators are a problem because they understand the private bankers owning the federal reserve is a problem but they can't seem to connect the dots.

Which facts are those?
Your conspiracy theories? Those international bankers owning the world's financial system?
The alleged banking cartels are in charge of the Federal Reserve?
Oh yes. Connect the dots my Lord...It's all true. How do we know this? Why, you read it on.....THE INTERNET....
Can you please make yourself look even more stupid? It's free entertainment.
Stummes Bumsen

Who is "we"?

and you are the 1%?

They know the speculators are boosting the price at least $20/bbl but will not talk of it and just dance around the question.
Saw a guy from Think Progress.org on PBS and he did a heck of a dance around the issue.
But never answered the question.

"How come?".....Are you 11 years old?
US refining capacity, or lack thereof is not a fallback argument. If you worked as hard at finding out the facts rather than knee jerk emoting, you'd be aware if this problem.
Oh wise one.....Answer this question....If not for the lack of refining capacity, why then must refineries shut down in late spring to retool for summer boutique gasoline blends?
Surely a nation with an adequate refining capacity would surely have the resources available for a smooth transition from one type of fuel to the over 40 required by EPA regs, should it not?
I await your ridiculous reply with baited breath. My thinking your retort will shatter the world record for vapidity.
Think of something clever there , cookie.

Who is "we"?

No..You stated Wall Street was doing well because "we are regulating Wall Street".
Bank stress tests have absolutely NOTHING to do with the commodities markets. ZERO.
I will ask you one more time, who is "we"?
Ok..Since you claim a firm grasp on the facts, account for the actions of Fannie Freddy, Dodd, Frank, Pelosi et al....
One only has to look to the federal government's meddling in the housing and mortgage lending markets. Clearly, the government made many serious errors when it went ahead and demanded banks lend money to otherwise unqualified mortgage loan applicants.
It all ran down hill from there. THOSE are the facts. They are not in dispute.
Now, if you want to start with the personal attacks, I'll drop the gloves.
Deal with this.. Carry on, you useless pile of organic matter.
Essen Sie Scheiße und sterben Sie.

You said "It all ran down hill from there. THOSE are the facts. They are not in dispute." You are dead wrong. You are forgetting all the shit Bush and Tom Delay did from 2000-2006. Those deregulations and bad bills caused the crash. Right wingers just use Freddy/Fanny as a skapegoat. And yes, Freddy and Fanny were run by bankers too, so you are actually correct, they were part of the problem. But we didn't have a problem until the GOP took control of our government.

What you have is the right's version of the truth. You have about 10% of the facts. I hate having to explain it to people like you because even when I do, you'll just argue. So its pointless.

If anyone else wants me to explain to them why/how you are full of shit, they can ask me.

Let me just give you a couple pointers, but I'm not going to explain in great details because it will just go over your head. But just a couple things to think about.

1. Sure Freddy & Fanny helped poor families get loans, but who knew Bush was going to send all their jobs overseas? I could go on and on about this, but it would go right over your brainwashed head.

2. What about all the deregulations that led to predatory lending. YOu want to talk about Freddy and Fanny giving bad loans? You didn't need to twist Countrywide's arm to get them to give out a bad loan. Then sell off the toxic assets, etc.

"How come?".....Are you 11 years old?
US refining capacity, or lack thereof is not a fallback argument. If you worked as hard at finding out the facts rather than knee jerk emoting, you'd be aware if this problem.
Oh wise one.....Answer this question....If not for the lack of refining capacity, why then must refineries shut down in late spring to retool for summer boutique gasoline blends?
Surely a nation with an adequate refining capacity would surely have the resources available for a smooth transition from one type of fuel to the over 40 required by EPA regs, should it not?
I await your ridiculous reply with baited breath. My thinking your retort will shatter the world record for vapidity.
Think of something clever there , cookie.

The Energy Department confirmed yesterday that the U.S. exported more oil-product than imported for the first time since 1949.

We have more oil than we need. Hasn't lowered prices one bit. So more refineries won't make a damn bit of difference, just like drill baby drill hasn't made a dent.

The oil companies will still charge whatever they they think they can get away with charging. And you will defend them, no?

And even if everything you say is true, you still don't seem to understand that oil speculators are causing gas prices to go up. Why do you defend them and/or deny their existance or blow off the fact that these people who don't have anything to do with drilling or refining oil are making money off high gas prices?

Now if they go too far like they did the last time they raised prices to over $4 a gallon and crash the economy again, that will force them to lower the prices, but who wants that?

Forum List

Back