Obama Spokesman Calls Newt Or Anyone Who Says They Can Lower Gas Prices Liars

The best way to lower gas prices is open the floodgates for domestic drilling all over the U.S. There are plenty of drilling rigs owned by domestic family drilling services ready to go. Cut drilling regulations as well as refining regulations.

You are really very ignorant or a liar. Of course, the possibility of being both is highly possible.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

By Neela Banerjee, Los Angeles Times

WASHINGTON -- Against the backdrop of gasoline prices rising at the pump in an election year, a new Obama administration report cites "significant progress" in reducing foreign oil imports and increasing domestic oil and gas production.

The report by six federal agencies was released early Monday on the first anniversary of a speech by President Barack Obama in which he pledged to reduce U.S. dependence on foreign oil imports by one-third in about a decade.

According to the study, the United States reduced net imports of crude oil last year by 10 percent, or 1 million barrels a day. The United States now imports 45 percent of its petroleum, down from 57 percent in 2008, and is on track to meet Mr. Obama's long-term goal, the administration maintains.

Read more: Obama report: Oil imports dropping, domestic production highest since '03

What I find fascinating is how this Adminstration is touting the increased oil and gas production since they took office as if "they" were the ones responsible for that increase. The truth is that oil and gas production has decreased on lands controlled by the Federal Government. The increase in production has come from State and private lands. In reality we've seen an increase in production DESPITE this Administration's policies. In the the future we'll continue to see a decrease in production from Federally controlled lands because of Obama policies.

Righto you are.

And, what's with crediting Obama and/or his policies/administration?

Never has he mentioned the companies that are risking capital and reinvesting profits and utilizing cutting-edge technology to search for/drill for/and produce oil and natural gas in this country.

And furthermore- fully 90% of the oil and natural gas that's drilled/discovered/produced in this country is done so by Independents, NOT major multi-national conglomerates like Exxon or BP. THESE are the companies that Obamas tax policies are aimed at- the smaller businesses. At least $40 Billion in taxes on the Independents are included in Obama's proposed budget. If enacted they will ruin the industry, reduce exploration and production, and increase imports.

The problem isn't supply and demand, the problem is speculation.

As long as Iran and Israel are rattling the sabers, speculation is going to remain high.

The fact that India and China are increasing their demand doesn't help matters much, either.

What we need is a long term plan that will include more production, more alternative sources, etc.

Which would require both sides to sacrifice a few of their sacred cows.

When a farmer grows the last meal you ate he did so because he speculated.
Been going on for 5000 years.
With a brief time frame where the communists, aka collectivists, bad mouthed speculation and killed millions in the process.
I see there are still a few left. Stalin would be proud.

Heads up kiddies.

Its not OUR oil.

And the oil and refined products in the USA will go whereever the oil companies can get the best rpice for it.

You RW cracks apparently don't understand that.

And those nasty oil companies will continue to pay royalties, salaries, taxes and dividends.

We wouldn't want more of those. At least LW cracks don't.

How much would the government make if it drilled and pumped OUR oil and sold some of it on the international market? Maybe just a scosh more than they get with the meaningless "royalties"?

Nationalize! Conserve! Make gasoline $1 a gal and give our businesses and citizens a massive shot of spendable income. THAT would pay off all debt and promote our economy back where it belongs.

Heads up kiddies.

Its not OUR oil.

And the oil and refined products in the USA will go whereever the oil companies can get the best rpice for it.

And those nasty oil companies will continue to pay royalties, salaries, taxes and dividends.

How much would the government make if it drilled and pumped OUR oil and sold some of it on the international market? Maybe just a scosh more than they get with the meaningless "royalties"?

Nationalize! Conserve! Make gasoline $1 a gal and give our businesses and citizens a massive shot of spendable income. THAT would pay off all debt and promote our economy back where it belongs.

Dad was a high school teacher for many years and he died May 31, 2010 at age 88. Mom is still alive and has a lot of shares that Dad bought over the years in energy and oil companies.
Nationalize and you bankrupt my mother and hundreds of thousands of shareholders nationwide will lose their investments.
Bad idea. Very bad idea. Theft is illegal in Georgia.

Heads up kiddies.

Its not OUR oil.

That is a great plan.....if you want to reduce output and revenues.

And then the assclowns would just increase spending, not pay down the debt.
You should know that by now.

I guess we should just spend hundreds of billions of dollars to subsidize gas.
Because copying Venezuela is a sure path to success.

Heads up kiddies.

Its not OUR oil.

Our consumption keeps going down and the price keeps going up.

Wow, you really have the answer there bud.

What we need is a new president, because this one obviously doesn't have any answers.

obama-giving-middle-finger.jpg

Fuck You America

This is what the Obama Administration is saying to anyone who says if they were president they could lower the price of gas.

Jay Carney said the administration will try to "mitigate the effects" of high gas prices, but they don't want to talk about lowering prices and he also said anyone else who says they can get prices back down is lying.

Well folks, as long as Obama is president forget about lower gas prices. He's not gonna even try to deal with it. Just get used to it. That is what they're saying. He can't do anything about it and don't ask him to lift a finger to try.

If they're talking like this during an election year imagine what's coming next year once he figures he doesn't have to answer to the voters anymore. Trust me, come next year we are really in for it.

we-are-so-fucked.jpg
i_want_you_to_shut_the_fuck_up.jpg

Link

White House: Anyone who says gas could be $2.50 is “lying” | WTVR.com
Carney: Newt Gingrich “Lying” About $2.50 Gas | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier
Newt Gingrich's $2.50 gas promise - Feb. 24, 2012

They are.
Any Presidential candidate that says that they can lower gas prices is lying.
You realize that since Obama has become President that rate of the US buying foreign oil is down? Do you realize that when Bush was President, and Oil company loving deregulating fool that are gas prices were still higher in 2008?

Obama and Chu and the radical Leftists trying to stop fossil fuel development is the problem.

Their 40 years of fuel terrorism is coming to an abrupt end. Enjoy the back seat.

If you argue with his statement you are a fool.

I hated Economic in high school, but one thing I do remember is supply and demand. Right now the demand in the US is down, and supply is up, you would think prices would be lower.
Yes Obama needs to change his games plan, but not in the way you guys want. We have the oil, he needs to start playing capitalism with them. These oil companies don't meet our demands we stop letting them drill oil. There are plenty of companies to take their place. We have the product, lets make them start competing.

Fuck You America

This is what the Obama Administration is saying to anyone who says if they were president they could lower the price of gas.

Jay Carney said the administration will try to "mitigate the effects" of high gas prices, but they don't want to talk about lowering prices and he also said anyone else who says they can get prices back down is lying.

Well folks, as long as Obama is president forget about lower gas prices. He's not gonna even try to deal with it. Just get used to it. That is what they're saying. He can't do anything about it and don't ask him to lift a finger to try.

If they're talking like this during an election year imagine what's coming next year once he figures he doesn't have to answer to the voters anymore. Trust me, come next year we are really in for it.

we-are-so-fucked.jpg

Link

Carney: Newt Gingrich “Lying” About $2.50 Gas | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

They are.
Any Presidential candidate that says that they can lower gas prices is lying.
You realize that since Obama has become President that rate of the US buying foreign oil is down? Do you realize that when Bush was President, and Oil company loving deregulating fool that are gas prices were still higher in 2008?

Provide a link that states we're importing less oil.

Just because our production is up doesn't mean our imports are down.

Besides, Obama had nothing to do with the increase of production. He's done everything he can to decrease it and it's still gone up. Do you know why?

I wonder how many of you know that government taxes Big Oil twice as much as any other industry?

Do you know that government takes in 3 times as much on oil and gas taxes and other fees than Big Oil earns in profits in the United States?

In fact the only thing keeping them from going out of business is the world marketplace.

Bitch and moan all you want about it but the government forced oil companies to export oil products.

Obama and Chu and the radical Leftists trying to stop fossil fuel development is the problem.

Their 40 years of fuel terrorism is coming to an abrupt end. Enjoy the back seat.

I hated Economic in high school, but one thing I do remember is supply and demand. Right now the demand in the US is down, and supply is up, you would think prices would be lower.
Yes Obama needs to change his games plan, but not in the way you guys want. We have the oil, he needs to start playing capitalism with them. These oil companies don't meet our demands we stop letting them drill oil. There are plenty of companies to take their place. We have the product, lets make them start competing.

???

"Meet our demands"? As in lower prices below procurement costs? Make available domestically produced crude oil at below market?

Keep in mind that 90% of the oil and gas that is found and produced in this country is done so by Independents and NOT the "Big Oil" that is mysteriously referenced.

There are maybe 5,000 - 6,000 of these Independent companies operating in the U.S., and on average they have 12 employees.

And no, plenty of companies would not rush in and fill the gap in order to operate in an environment where the U.S. government would "stop letting them drill oil".

No wonder you hated Econ. You never had a clue.

???

"Meet our demands"? As in lower prices below procurement costs? Make available domestically produced crude oil at below market?

Keep in mind that 90% of the oil and gas that is found and produced in this country is done so by Independents and NOT the "Big Oil" that is mysteriously referenced.

There are maybe 5,000 - 6,000 of these Independent companies operating in the U.S., and on average they have 12 employees.

And no, plenty of companies would not rush in and fill the gap in order to operate in an environment where the U.S. government would "stop letting them drill oil".

I sense that the libs are running out of gas on this issue.

They want to talk about free BC instead.

???

yes independents for the oil, but how many independent refineries?

there are hundreds of thousands of independent farmers producing corn but how many brands of corn flakes for instance?

Fuck You America

we-are-so-fucked.jpg

Link

Tell us what gas was when obama was sworn in??? Something like $1.79.99 per gallon.. I can fucking wait til November.

???

yes independents for the oil, but how many independent refineries?

there are hundreds of thousands of independent farmers producing corn but how many brands of corn flakes for instance?

You're mixing corn flakes with Coco Puffs.

I have a question.

Why did Gas drop during the 2008 election? Let us repeat that proscess.

OK, Republicans start chanting "Drill Baby Drill"
And Democrats, tell us about the wonders of Solar and Wind power and Biodiesel.

OK--everybody is ready? Now GO!

Fuck You America

we-are-so-fucked.jpg

Link

Tell us what gas was when obama was sworn in??? Something like $1.79.99 per gallon.. I can fucking wait til November.

When Obama was sworn in, gas was lower than it was in the 2008 peak, prior to the Bush recession kicking in. For moron Republicans, gas prices tend to go down when the largest world economy is on the verge of collapsing.

What demands are those?
BTW, nice ass in the avatar

Forum List

Back