Obama Spending-Freeze Pledge Criticized as 'Deficit Preservation'

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
President Obama's pledge to freeze some federal spending for five years was met with yawns Wednesday from a slew of fiscally minded Republicans who say that if the president is serious about tackling the national debt, he'll have to do a lot better than that.

Congressional Republicans want to see deep cuts in the budget, as demonstrated by a GOP proposal last week to slash $2.5 trillion over the next decade and a proposal Tuesday from Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., to cut $500 billion in one year.

Their calls to dismantle entire agencies and departments might not get much bipartisan support. But by comparison, the president's call to freeze domestic spending for five years, yielding a projected savings of $400 billion over a decade, looked too tame to many lawmakers.

Obama Spending-Freeze Pledge Criticized as 'Deficit Preservation' - FoxNews.com

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

It's a nice gesture. But that's all it is. His "Freeze" doesn't even amount to a drop in the bucket. Much much more needs to be done. More Government "Investment" in Solar Energy and High Speed Rails aint gonna cut it either. What is Government "Investing" anyway? It's just more Government spending. His pledge is a nice start but it really doesn't add up to much in reality.

It's a nice gesture. But that's all it is. His "Freeze" doesn't even amount to a drop in the bucket. Much much more needs to be done. More Government "Investment" in Solar Energy and High Speed Rails aint gonna cut it either. What is Government "Investing" anyway? It's just more Government spending. His pledge is a nice start but it really doesn't add up to much in reality.

That's what TPS said yesterday and the Whack a lu lu and the My Shit don't Stink people jumped all over her azz??

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

President Obama's pledge to freeze some federal spending for five years was met with yawns Wednesday from a slew of fiscally minded Republicans who say that if the president is serious about tackling the national debt, he'll have to do a lot better than that.

Congressional Republicans want to see deep cuts in the budget, as demonstrated by a GOP proposal last week to slash $2.5 trillion over the next decade and a proposal Tuesday from Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., to cut $500 billion in one year.

Their calls to dismantle entire agencies and departments might not get much bipartisan support. But by comparison, the president's call to freeze domestic spending for five years, yielding a projected savings of $400 billion over a decade, looked too tame to many lawmakers.

Obama Spending-Freeze Pledge Criticized as 'Deficit Preservation' - FoxNews.com

:clap2::clap2::clap2:
Freezing spending means keep the deficit at the same level and increasing debt some $1.4T a year. Piece of cake.

Let me see if I can break the code...."Spending freeze" = not increasing on the bloated deficit.

"Investing in America" = business as usual on spending with the bloated deficit.

It is Deficit Preservation.

Duh.

As I noted in another thread:

Obama is to fiscal responsibility what an arsonist who sets a fire is when he returns to the scene of the crime to help put out the fire.

Last edited:
Spending on America, investing, that is what Green Energy is, the President is a Crock and a Crook. Nothing more. Give money to General Electric to build the worlds largest non-electrical-producing Wind Turbines and Solar plants and call that investment in the future.

The companies being saved are literally European, Vestas was bankrupt until we gave money to corporations to build Wind Turbines. That is our future, investing in failed European Corporations, making General Electric rich, quadrupling the price of electricity thus increasing the price of food and every other commodity.

Obama is calling it a freeze to not increase yearly spending more than 20% a year forever, we are not going to spend 30% more next year, just freeze the 20% increase in spending over this years budget and we can all have power and tell the American people we have froze spending, just do not let them know what where freezing is the rate we grow spending.

SHEEEEEPLLLE.

Tell a fool anything you like they will believe, as long as they see it on the great wonder of Television.

You heard all this on the picture box and you believe.

I thought the rightwing argument was that the tax cuts would increase revenues?

If that were true, then the recent tax cuts would increase revenues, and with spending frozen, revenues would grow relative to spending and thus pay down the deficit.

I guess all you clowns that made the above claim don't want to defend it now, eh?

If that were true, then the recent tax cuts would increase revenues, and with spending frozen, revenues would grow relative to spending and thus pay down the deficit.

I guess all you clowns that made the above claim don't want to defend it now, eh?

Apparently, you were listening too close...we're talking about less spending. That's something you liberals will never be able to grasp.

Apparently, you were listening too close...we're talking about less spending. That's something you liberals will never be able to grasp.

Politicians wouldn't reduce the deficit with more revenues....it would equate to spending more. It's not in them to do it any different

You need 400 billion of cuts now just to offset the lost revenue from the recent tax cuts.

Politicians wouldn't reduce the deficit with more revenues....it would equate to spending more. It's not in them to do it any different

That was precisely Bush's argument in 2001 when he called for tax cuts to get rid of the surplus.

How did that work out??

When has the GOP ever 'grasped' it??

NM, your post is beyond fucking moronic to reply to with anything trying to help you understand the bigger picture...

Here is a thought you noob... If Government is the answer why are we having suchg problems being Government only grows and never shrinks?

You need 400 billion of cuts now just to offset the lost revenue from the recent tax cuts.

What tax cut? You mean keeping the taxes the same is a tax cut???????????????????//

Forum List

Back