Obama spending binge never happened

Do you see how totally stupid you HAVE to be in order to be an Obama Supporter?

I hear ya. They're doing a circle jerk when I debunked it in the 2nd or 3rd post. :clap2::badgrin:

I see you finally fixed your original post to actually include the link.

So did you want to apologize now? Or are you going to do the standard move and call me a name and show us all how much honor and class you really have.

To you? Fuck no. You can apologize to me for being so ignorant "in my presence".

I copied a wrong link...that's a mistake.

You being born...that's a mistake.

You willfully misleading people...that's intentional.

Obama spending binge never happened

Government outlays rising at slowest pace since 1950s

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) — Of all the falsehoods told about President Barack Obama, the biggest whopper is the one about his reckless spending spree.

As would-be president Mitt Romney tells it: “I will lead us out of this debt and spending inferno.”

Almost everyone believes that Obama has presided over a massive increase in federal spending, an “inferno” of spending that threatens our jobs, our businesses and our children’s future. Even Democrats seem to think it’s true.

But it didn’t happen. Although there was a big stimulus bill under Obama, federal spending is rising at the slowest pace since Dwight Eisenhower brought the Korean War to an end in the 1950s.

Even hapless Herbert Hoover managed to increase spending more than Obama has.

Here are the facts, according to the official government statistics:

• In the 2009 fiscal year — the last of George W. Bush’s presidency — federal spending rose by 17.9% from $2.98 trillion to $3.52 trillion. Check the official numbers at the Office of Management and Budget.

pixel.gif

• In fiscal 2010 — the first budget under Obama — spending fell 1.8% to $3.46 trillion.
• In fiscal 2011, spending rose 4.3% to $3.60 trillion.
• In fiscal 2012, spending is set to rise 0.7% to $3.63 trillion, according to the Congressional Budget Office’s estimate of the budget that was agreed to last August.
• Finally in fiscal 2013 — the final budget of Obama’s term — spending is scheduled to fall 1.3% to $3.58 trillion. Read the CBO’s latest budget outlook.

Over Obama’s four budget years, federal spending is on track to rise from $3.52 trillion to $3.58 trillion, an annualized increase of just 0.4%.
There has been no huge increase in spending under the current president, despite what you hear.

Why do people think Obama has spent like a drunken sailor? It’s in part because of a fundamental misunderstanding of the federal budget.

What people forget (or never knew) is that the first year of every presidential term starts with a budget approved by the previous administration and Congress. The president only begins to shape the budget in his second year. It takes time to develop a budget and steer it through Congress — especially in these days of congressional gridlock.

The 2009 fiscal year, which Republicans count as part of Obama’s legacy, began four months before Obama moved into the White House. The major spending decisions in the 2009 fiscal year were made by George W. Bush and the previous Congress.

Like a relief pitcher who comes into the game with the bases loaded, Obama came in with a budget in place that called for spending to increase by hundreds of billions of dollars in response to the worst economic and financial calamity in generations.

*snip*

Another lame wingnut talking point shot to hell! :lol:

President Bush's budget for 2008 totaled $2.9 trillion.
The final spending bills passed by the Reid/Pelosi led Congress (110th Congress) were not signed into law until March 11, 2009 by President Barack Obama, nearly five and a half months after the fiscal year began. "I am signing an imperfect omnibus bill because it's necessary for the ongoing functions of government," Obama declared. "But I also view this as a departure point for more far-reaching change." This final bill also featured 7991 earmarks totaling nearly 5.5 billion dollars, the most added by any Congress in US history to date.

The actual deficit in 2009 was $1.4 trillion.

Hey dumbficker. You can't copy it. Try it. Then you can apologize for your stupidity.

:confused:

I'm guessing you wear a name tag and paper hat at work, don't you. This whole "internet thing" is obviously a bit too tough for you.

I don't have to guess how stupid you are:

President Obama's Claim of Fiscal Acumen and Responsible Spending is Debunked and Disproved

LOL, finally! You figured it out. Did you have your grandson show you how to do it?

That's right, insult my intelligence when you were wrong the whole time. Well done.

I'm guessing you wear a name tag and paper hat at work, don't you. This whole "internet thing" is obviously a bit too tough for you.

President Obama's Claim of Fiscal Acumen and Responsible Spending is Debunked and Disproved

LOL, finally! You figured it out. Did you have your grandson show you how to do it?

That's right, insult my intelligence when you were wrong the whole time. Well done.

Hey R2-D2 do you have a comment on the topic? I didn't think so, so fuck off and go back to cyber blowing Obama.

I hear ya. They're doing a circle jerk when I debunked it in the 2nd or 3rd post. :clap2::badgrin:

So did you want to apologize now? Or are you going to do the standard move and call me a name and show us all how much honor and class you really have.

To you? Fuck no. You can apologize to me for being so ignorant "in my presence".

Ignorant? I merely pointed out that you didn't post a link. You doubled down on stupid. You're a true conservative, no honor, no class, and haven't achieved anything in life except the ability to complain. You must be proud.

You people make this too easy.

Saying you have intelligence is an insult "to" intelligence.

Ignorant? I merely pointed out that you didn't post a link. You doubled down on stupid. You're a true conservative, no honor, no class, and haven't achieved anything in life except the ability to complain. You must be proud.

Yeah blah, blah, blah....now about the article and your pal the OP being right......

Last edited:
The people earning above $350k need to start paying a higher percentage of their income in taxes than the middle class. We can't compete if our product cost more because we have to pay more tax than the rich. This tax system is a huge benefit to the rich & a huge burden to the middle class. If a middle class person made widgets, they would cost more than the rich widgets because the middle class widget maker has to pay more tax per widget. This drives all the middle class out of business every time the rich wants to compete.

te07chart2.jpg

Don't fall for the tax rate nonsense. Effective tax rates are what you must go by. The loopholes & low dividend tax rate are the whole problem. When you look at total tax revenue & not just income tax, the rich are actually paying lower effective tax rate than the poor/middle class. Government is letting the people at the top pay a lower percent tax than the rest.

Investment flows to where it receives a greater return. That means if the rich are taxed less thereby producing more efficiently than the rest of us who are taxed more, we all become surf's & they become our super wealthy masters. That is what is wrong with this country. All forms of income including dividends must be taxed at the same rate. Loopholes for the rich must be eliminated. According to free market capitalist Adam Smith the father of modern economics there should also be a slight progressiveness to taxes that allows the people at the bottom pay a lower rate than the people at the top. Currently it is inverted & regressive.

If you want to become a peasant that is forced to kiss the shoes of your rich masters then by all means keep with the current tax scheme. Mitt Romney only paid 13% in taxes. That is as low of a tax rate as someone in poverty. By all means worship the ground he walks on & kiss his ass every hour.

Last edited:

Yeah blah, blah, blah....now about the article and your pal the OP being right......

Just say "I'm sorry for being rude when you simply pointed out that I didn't actually post a link to an article" and then we can move on.

Just say "I'm sorry for being rude when you simply pointed out that I didn't actually post a link to an article" and then we can move on.

Fuck You! Either comment on the topic or go fuck yourself. Considering who I'm talking to I don't care either way, ball-licker.

Fuck You! Either comment on the topic or go fuck yourself. Considering who I'm talking to I don't care either way, ball-licker.

Ok, I'll settle for a simple "I messed up, sorry about that". Let's try that.

Have you been a piece of shit your entire life?

Ok, I'll settle for a simple "I messed up, sorry about that". Let's try that.

Thanks but I'll stick with "Fuck You". I already posted that I linked to the wrong story and then I corrected it. All else considered, where you're concerned a resounding fuck you is about all "you" will ever get.

You can feel free to comment on the topic but we all know your out of gas there too.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back