Obama should pardon all that are serving time for smoking a leaf

Ok, so come on out and say it, your lame arguments about marijuana are a smoke screen for legalizing ALL drugs.

If individual liberty is what you call a "smoke screen" then maybe America isn't the right country for you. Perhaps you'd like Iran better.

Personally, I'm fine with all drugs being legalized. In fact, I'd like the government to provide free meth and heroin, in unlimited quantities, to anyone who wants them. Let all the losers OD already and kill themselves. It'll be cheaper than letting them live for another 10 years and such the government teat in the meantime.

So it's liberty your concerned with, when are you going to start the campaign to allow smokes to exercise their liberty anywhere anytime?

Ok, so come on out and say it, your lame arguments about marijuana are a smoke screen for legalizing ALL drugs.

If individual liberty is what you call a "smoke screen" then maybe America isn't the right country for you. Perhaps you'd like Iran better.

Personally, I'm fine with all drugs being legalized. In fact, I'd like the government to provide free meth and heroin, in unlimited quantities, to anyone who wants them. Let all the losers OD already and kill themselves. It'll be cheaper than letting them live for another 10 years and such the government teat in the meantime.

So it's liberty your concerned with, when are you going to start the campaign to allow smokes to exercise their liberty anywhere anytime?

SwimExpert has a point. I don't necessarily agree with his rationale but he does have a point. A death from OD is instantaneous and generally the junkie doesn't affect anyone but himself. A smoker contaminates a large area with every puff and potentially puts others at risk for lung cancer. cancer can be a long drawn out process that will require medical intervention at great expense. Guess who pays if the smoker has little or no insurance? Cigarettes are a public health menace while drugs are usually not if you leave them alone.

Obama should pardon all that are serving time for smoking a leaf...Yep, he should blanket pardon every person that was wrongly imprisoned because of our stupid laws against smoking pot.

He should then spend the rest of his presidency to get it legalized federally.

Our courts and jails should be used for violent offenders, that are a threat to society--not pot smokers. It's a total waste of taxpayer dollars.

SwimExpert has a point. I don't necessarily agree with his rationale but he does have a point. A death from OD is instantaneous and generally the junkie doesn't affect anyone but himself. A smoker contaminates a large area with every puff and potentially puts others at risk for lung cancer. cancer can be a long drawn out process that will require medical intervention at great expense. Guess who pays if the smoker has little or no insurance? Cigarettes are a public health menace while drugs are usually not if you leave them alone.

Must be tough not to realize something so irrational is exactly that, irrational. Junkies for the most part do not hold down jobs, even if you give them drugs they will continue to steal, rob and generally hurt society to survive. Everything, and I mean everything you buy costs more because of drugs, somebody must pay for their illegal exploits. They don't have insurance, so who pays when they fry their last brain cell and turn themselves into slobbering zombies? BTW there is no study that can prove a direct causal correlation between second hand smoke and lung cancer in non-smokers. Hell they can't even say how many cigarettes it takes to cause lung cancer in a smoker. In fact the UN did a 10 year study in 15 countries, on second hand smoke, that showed no correlation at all. Of course the PC police got it buried. It is still available if you look for it.

Obama should pardon all that are serving time for smoking a leaf...Yep, he should blanket pardon every person that was wrongly imprisoned because of our stupid laws against smoking pot.

He should then spend the rest of his presidency to get it legalized federally.

If you were imprisoned due to laws in effect at the time of the crime, you weren't wrongly imprisoned. Now, with that said, i am frimly in favor of lgalizing pot... even though I don;t and never will smoke it.

So, first make it illegal, because Jesus.
Then make, keep it illegal because the people who sell it are criminals.

Yeah, that's not circular reasoning at all.

Right, criminals who kill thousand every year, just nice entrepreneurs right? Kind of like undocumented pharmacist who kill the competition.

So put them out of business by legalizing it

Hasn't done it where it's been legalized, black market sales are a brisk as ever, people don't want to pay the tax.

Punitive tax rates are just another form of making them illegal

Like alcohol tax?

Exactly. "sin taxes" are why we have illegal tobacco, liquor and other markets. However, there isn't organized crime in those because the margins aren't big enough

Forum List

Back