Obama Scolds Graduates For Getting News From Playstations

I call that yet another reason not to waste time playing video games.

;)

Too bad you don't feel that way about wasting USMB time with make-believe links!

Guys like you are so easy, when you are outed, you go directly to insults, which is nothing more than an admission of guilt. I bet at work you are usually the butt of bad jokes.

It's not a made up link.

:)

You're just can't handle FACTS.

Too bad you don't feel that way about wasting USMB time with make-believe links!

Guys like you are so easy, when you are outed, you go directly to insults, which is nothing more than an admission of guilt. I bet at work you are usually the butt of bad jokes.

Joke's on you, kid. Here's video of Obama saying the words, "none of which I know how to work", which wasn't included in the written transcript posted beneath RCP's video link. I've got a lag, but look for it around 53 seconds.
RealClearPolitics - Video - Obama Criticizes New Media, Ipads, Rumors

So... why don't you be a man and apologize to Bo? 'Cause you're full of shit.

This guy stood their criticizing alternative media outlets when he, himself, has used them to his own political advantage. He's a GIANT hypocrite.

Thanks for the video clip!

And, INDEED! Obama is a huge hypocrite.

Obama is basically telling these young adults that they are not smart enought to understand the way the media works.

Yep. He either believes they can't think for themselves - or is afraid that they will.

Obama must really hate that information is no longer controlled by the Big Three Networks and a handful of major metro newspapers.

Obama, who often chides journalists and cable news outlets for obsessing with political horse race coverage rather than serious issues, told a class of graduating university students that education was the key to progress.

"You're coming of age in a 24/7 media environment that bombards us with all kinds of content and exposes us to all kinds of arguments, some of which don't always rank all that high on the truth meter," Obama said at Hampton University, Virginia.

"With iPods and iPads and Xboxes and PlayStations, -- none of which I know how to work -- information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment, rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation," Obama said.

He bemoaned the fact that "some of the craziest claims can quickly claim traction," in the clamor of certain blogs and talk radio outlets.

"All of this is not only putting new pressures on you, it is putting new pressures on our country and on our democracy."

AFP: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

Does anyone else find it troubling that Obama continues to attack the alternative media which is critical of him?
I read the speech and I don't see anything that supports your accusations.

Does anyone else find it troubling that Obama continues to attack the alternative media which is critical of him?

The so-called alternative media has been a significantly growing phenomenon for about the last decade.

Conservatives told us repeatedly, ad nauseum, that this was going to break some sort of liberal stranglehold on information, news, blah de blah, and that this was going to be the impetus for some sort of grand conservative breakout and upsurge.

Over that time period, the Democrats have routed the Republicans, won back the legislature, and America elected a liberal Democrat president.

So, how's that alternative-y media-y thing workin' out for ya?

Obama must really hate that information is no longer controlled by the Big Three Networks and a handful of major metro newspapers.

Obama, who often chides journalists and cable news outlets for obsessing with political horse race coverage rather than serious issues, told a class of graduating university students that education was the key to progress.

"You're coming of age in a 24/7 media environment that bombards us with all kinds of content and exposes us to all kinds of arguments, some of which don't always rank all that high on the truth meter," Obama said at Hampton University, Virginia.

"With iPods and iPads and Xboxes and PlayStations, -- none of which I know how to work -- information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment, rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation," Obama said.

He bemoaned the fact that "some of the craziest claims can quickly claim traction," in the clamor of certain blogs and talk radio outlets.

"All of this is not only putting new pressures on you, it is putting new pressures on our country and on our democracy."

I read the speech and I don't see anything that supports your accusations.

I can't help it if you have a problem with reading for comprehension and retention.

Yep. He either believes they can't think for themselves - or is afraid that they will.

And that's the cloaked meaning. If Obama had really told the American people his plans (which he did through his writings, past associations), He would have not made it to POTUS. [The Pavda Service that passes for Media ignored it].

The Statists did such a masterful buzzjob on Bush [And the Republicans also did it to themselves with the bullsqueeze of 'Compassionate Conservatism']...it was Anybody But Bush...and that is the entire crux of why Obama won [Much to the chagrin of the Hildebeast...but she already had her time with her (sic) hubby who was impeached...guilt by association].

And before anyone brings up McCain? He nailed himself before he ever ran with the immigration issue and others.

So B? I concur with your statement. Obama wants us to cease thinking these political thoughts as I have just dispalyed and 'TRUST' him and his direction. He just won't stand for any independent thought.

~T

The definition of Bipartisan in the Obama Dictionary is: Just shut up and do what I want.

I call that yet another reason not to waste time playing video games.

;)

It's not a made up link.

You're just can't handle FACTS.

The speech was made at a university by the President of the United States, certainly you can find at least one other source that can confirm what YOUR link says. It would be nice if it was a source ANY ONE had heard of. Or, would this present a problem for you.

Last edited:
Posts 72 and 77 Moron.

You even quoted post 72 in your post 75.

Good little Doggie. Good little Obama Lap Doggie.

Just keep yourself blind and ignorant. That's what Obama wants.

For the rest of us who read and retain knowledge, what Obama is doing is very Transparent - the only area in which he has kept his promise of Transparency is in his attacks on those who are critical of him.

:clap2:

Thank you for this link it illustrates my point about misuse of links, connotation, and denotation. This utube lets you actually see that while the words may be true, the intention was facetious. Don't take my word for it, make up your own mind. I am not always correct either, but when I am wrong, I'll admit it. This round I stick to my posts.

I would like to know more about the AFP wire service that delivered the original link. Was this the take of the military? the Philipines? or, the poster? And, was the distortion intentional. President Barack Obama has used hand-held technology for years.

Granted, this is a minor point, and not even an issue, but there are serious, extreme examples where manufactured links have been used to portray civil rights leaders as bigots. Always consider the source of information you get on the www.

Last edited:

So, what Obama is telling me is that my news podcasts on my iPod are nothing more than a distraction or entertainment? Truly laughable.

SkidMarks,

Do you know how to use a search engine?

AFP.com - About AFP - Our history

The Washington Post link in post 72 has a verbatim transcript of Obama's prepared remarks - the RealClearPolitics video shows how he went of script. Obama in his OWN WORDS said he doesn't know how "they" work.

Idiot.

Last edited:
SkidMarks,

Do you know how to use a search engine?

AFP.com - About AFP - Our history

The Washington Post link in post 72 has a verbatim transcript of Obama's prepared remarks - the RealClearPolitics video shows how he went of script. Obama in his OWN WORDS said he doesn't know how "they" work.

Idiot.

I really can't understand what world you live in. You need to start reading newspapers, magazines, and posts other than your own. I have seen links that claimed Thomas Jefferson was a bigot. I have seen links that claim to be The Wall Street Journal or the New York Times. Even a novice like yourself could manufacture one of these. I guess I can not see why you would simply take something out of context on a minor subject such as the use of hand-held technology used by the President. It is clearly a slam on the President.

While we are on the subject of slams, what is this bit calling me "skid marks." I know what that means, but do not see how it applies to me. It is just another derogatory, last desparete comment as your aguement is going down.

The poster at the beginning of this thread had you pegged. You don't understand the technology. You are just some unhappy person sitting in front of a computer trying to defend a life that has not gone as well as you had hoped. I'm sorry for you, but I am not going to let you get away with twisting the facts. In case my point is becoming obscure, check out this utube example of spinning facts. Boedicca offers the same on a smaller scale.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOgquSG-vF8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOgquSG-vF8[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back