Obama says nation's kids should be bilingual

Take the occasional "fucking" out, which I'm sure ndp used only for emphasis, and he's dead on. I couldn't agree more.

hussein is courting the mexicans, especially the ones with illegal family here that don't speak English. He's shifty, and playing to the illegals and the mexicans through the back door for votes. You want to learn a second language that will actually benefit you? Then learn Japanese, or German, or Chinese, etc..

If nome said it, and pole rider agrees, then it must be wrong. USMB rule.

Obama has it all wrong. America is the global leader nation.Our technology and industry
are the envy of the world. I feel the rest of the world needs to learn English,we need not
learn any other language ourselves, being the leader nation of the free world.

Can't access it right now but go to youtube and watch the video.

This might be it. youtube.com/watch?v=BZprtPat1Vk

Here's the link....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6gfcAe3-as]YouTube - Barack Obama Says Your Kids Should Speak Spanish[/ame]

Americans live in a global world, learning another language is big plus, I know many immigrants that along with English have taught their children Russian, Spanish and French.

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Ah yes, so if we don't learn spanish then we will struggle. This is kinda telling of what Obama's immigration policy will look like, huh?

Not teaching our kids a second language from kindergarten, is completely stupid and irresponsible. Being bilingual gives you a distinct advantage in the workplace, and educational studies are clear, that learning a seocond language makes you more proficient in your first.

Why are you detractors such anti-intellectual xenophobes? Do you really want our kids left behind? Do you have any idea how stupid we are perceived globally, this being a chief case in point? (our distaste for reading bookd snd poor scores on world events being others).

It's no brainer. We started in my public school in 4th grade...shoulda been even sooner, IMO.

Not teaching our kids a second language from kindergarten, is completely stupid and irresponsible. Being bilingual gives you a distinct advantage in the workplace, and educational studies are clear, that learning a seocond language makes you more proficient in your first.

Why are you detractors such anti-intellectual xenophobes? Do you really want our kids left behind? Do you have any idea how stupid we are perceived globally, this being a chief case in point? (our distaste for reading bookd snd poor scores on world events being others).

It's no brainer. We started in my public school in 4th grade...shoulda been even sooner, IMO.

No problem with teaching kids Spanish in elementary. It was his comment about worrying about immigrants who don't speak english, that bothered me.

Well, think then just practically. Like it or not, millions of spanish speakers, are here. If you can speak their language, you stand a much better chance of landing their business.

It's adventagous to be able to talk with them, not to mention, fun...

Que? Obama says nation's kids should be bilingual
The Washington Times ^ | July 8, 2008

Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2008 10:19:58 PM by 2ndDivisionVet

In an under-covered moment I only caught by streaming the event online, Sen. Barack Obama told voters today in Powder Springs, Georgia, they should not be worried about making the United States an "English-only" country.

He said he agrees immigrants should learn English, but felt the concern should be more about global competitiveness.

"Instead of worrying about whether immigrants can learn English, because they will learn English, you need to make sure your child can speak Spanish," he said. "We should have every child speaking more than one language."

For comic effect, he added, "It's embarrassing when Europeans come over here, they all speak English, they speak French, they speak German. And then we go over to Europe and all we can say is 'Merci beaucoup.'"

He said a foreign language is a "powerful tool" to becoming more employable in the global economy and said children learn languages easier than adults.
-----------------------------------

This guy is scary. He is more interested in our kids learning Spanish than immigrants learning the language our constitution was written in....

That's bullshit. Period.

Well, think then just practically. Like it or not, millions of spanish speakers, are here. If you can speak their language, you stand a much better chance of landing their business.

It's adventagous to be able to talk with them, not to mention, fun...

Agreed, my only contention with this comment is the assumption that Americans should just accept the fact that people migrating to this country don't need to learn this country's predominant language.

See I didn't hear him say they should be Bilingual. I heard him say this.

"Americans need to stop worry about Immigrants learning English, and start worrying about their kids learning spanish"

This is a Bunch of Shit. The Constitution requires immigrants to learn English. we should not have to learn their language just to be able to talk to them. We get immigrants from many many nations how many languages would he have us learn.

Don't get me wrong I see how learning other languages is a good thing, But what Obama said was a load of BS, and will hurt him bad in this election, except of course with hispanics.

Forum List

Back