Obama says he doesn't deserve 4 more years.

The economy turned around in July of 2009.

Yes. It went from bad to worse.

800,000 jobs lost in the January 2009 payroll numbers. GDP rate at -6%.

Which of those numbers hasn't turned around?

UE when Bush left office was lower than any day Obama has been president.
Labor workforce participation rate was higher when Bush left office than any day Obama has been president.
Household wealth--lower than the day Bush left office
Household income--lower than the day Bush left office
People on welfare--higher than when Bush left
People on foodstamps--higher than at any time in history

But these numbers are posted probably daily on here somewhere. Do you not believe them? Do you think they are insignificant?

So we shouldn't believe anything Obama says? Why would anyone want to vote for someone like that?

You're being a toddler about it.

Should we believe everything any politician says? If you do, then that's on you bud, it's not on me.

Typical leftist answer: all or none.
We should believe politicians on basic core issues and things within their control. It was certainly within Obama's control to decide not to run when the economy was worse off than the day he took office.
And GT has left the room.

Should we believe everything any politician says? If you do, then that's on you bud, it's not on me.

We should believe politicians on basic core issues and things within their control. It was certainly within Obama's control to decide not to run when the economy was worse off than the day he took office.

Because you're a hack, there's no sense in conversing with an ignorant ass hole now, is there?

Yea, ue is higher now then when Bush left office, because as Bush left it was the months when it was tanking. Soo000oo0o cheesey, these things you hang onto.

Because you're a hack, there's no sense in conversing with an ignorant ass hole now, is there?

Yea, ue is higher now then when Bush left office, because as Bush left it was the months when it was tanking. Soo000oo0o cheesey, these things you hang onto.

You change the subject, abandon the conversation and I'm the hack? Rly?
You act like this is Month 4 of the Obama Administration. It isn't. It is 3 years+ into it. He had 2 years of virtually unimpeded access to the legislative process and we still have the same shitty results I outlined.

So to recap:
Should we not believe anything Obama tells us? If so, why would anyone vote for him?
Were Obama's policies successful in restoring the economy, as he promised they would be, or are they gross failures?

First off, he never even had fillibuster proof. Lieberman endorsed........

MCCAIN.

Second of all, yes the economy is headed in the right direction.

Third of all, my last point was to point out the disengenuousness of saying "its higher now than when Bush left office," because obviously his policies aren't going to effect change within 2 fucking seconds, and when he took office, things were still on their way down, HEAVY, which is why your statement was non-sensical.

Good luck with that one.

<snicker>

Exactly, Obama can say anyone who fails like he has won't be re-elected, he can say he's the one who got Bin Laden when it was the military, even tell you he was born in Kenya and you don't blink and you're not going to.

There are people with brains out there though, Erik, I think the message was to them...

The hemorrhaging of American jobs accelerated at a record pace at the end of 2008, bringing the year's total job losses to 2.6 million or the highest level in more than six decades.

A sobering U.S. Labor Department jobs report Friday showed the economy lost 524,000 jobs in December and 1.9 million in the year's final four months

http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/09/news/economy/jobs_december/

Last edited:
First off, he never even had fillibuster proof. Lieberman endorsed........

MCCAIN.

Second of all, yes the economy is headed in the right direction.

Third of all, my last point was to point out the disengenuousness of saying "its higher now than when Bush left office," because obviously his policies aren't going to effect change within 2 fucking seconds, and when he took office, things were still on their way down, HEAVY, which is why your statement was non-sensical.

He had virtually unimpeded access. His only opposition to legislation came from Democrats,.

Second, after 3 years I would hope the economy was "heading in the right direction." But compared to every recession/recovery we've had this is the worst performance ever. Again, how can you say "we are headed in the right direction" when all the stats I've quoted are as bad as they are?

Third, I have already stated your argument might work if we were 3-4 months into Obama's Administration. But as he himself promised (remember that? It's the OP) if he didnt turn it around in 4 years he would be a one termer. I dont see how higher UE, lower workforce participation rates, higher poverty rates, is "turning" anything around.

So, again: Should we not trust anything Obama says? If so, why should anyone vote for him?

The hemorrhaging of American jobs accelerated at a record pace at the end of 2008, bringing the year's total job losses to 2.6 million or the highest level in more than six decades.

A sobering U.S. Labor Department jobs report Friday showed the economy lost 524,000 jobs in December and 1.9 million in the year's final four months

Total 2008 job loss: 2.6 million - Jan. 9, 2009

And typically the worse the recession, the stronger the recovery. So what happened? Was the recession not as bad as they made out? Or did they botch the recovery?

The economy turned around in July of 2009.

Yeah, never mind the 43+ months of record unemployment and a net loss of jobs and record debt and deficits and the credit downgrade and low/no growth... happy times are here again!!!

:lol:

Good Lord, these people are borderline insane.

So we shouldn't believe anything Obama says? Why would anyone want to vote for someone like that?

Since the end of the Bush Recession of 2007 the economy has been improving no thanks to the Republicans whose goal is to see the Obama Presidency fail. What better way than to stifle the Obama recovery?

BHOformerpresident.jpg

790284.jpg

Since the end of the Bush Recession of 2007 the economy has been improving no thanks to the Republicans whose goal is to see the Obama Presidency fail. What better way than to stifle the Obama recovery?

A) No, it hasn't been improving. Some measures have improved. But many are worse, much worse.
B) Democrats had unimpeded access to the legislative process for 2 years.

We keep repeating these points because they are true and because the Democrats want to pretend none of this ever happened.

A) No, it hasn't been improving. Some measures have improved. But many are worse, much worse.

We keep repeating these points because they are true and because the Democrats want to pretend none of this ever happened.

Democrats do not walk in lock step like the Republicans do. So even when they had a 60 seat majority (less than two months) the Blue Dogs spoiled the so called unimpeded access as you say.

Democrats do not walk in lock step like the Republicans do. So even when they had a 60 seat majority (less than two months) the Blue Dogs spoiled the so called unimpeded access as you say.

Rep Jim Cooper is my rep here in TN. He is considered a "Blue Dog". He voted for every one of the Democrat proposals.
No, the issue is not Democratic independence (they basically have none). It is that some of the crap Obama wanted was so bad even Dems couldn't sign off on it.
But in any case, Obama and the Dems still got pretty much everything they wanted: Stimulus (several of those), Cash for [fill in the blank], Dodd-Frank, Obamacare etc etc. And the result of all that legislation is an economy barely hanging on, looking like it's going into recession again.
So why does this man deserve another 4 years?

Oh yeah. And the idea that Olympia Snowe and Jim DeMint walk in lock-stop is simply absurd.

Forum List

Back