Obama Says Essentially For Us To Forget About $2 Gas

A few weeks ago Obama said he has no control over the price of gas.

Now he's gonna try to convince us he's doing everything in his power to control it.....but it is a hopeless cause........just deal with it.

Yes or no.

Domestic production at the present time is greater then when George W. Bush was President?

It's a binary questions. A simple yes or no..will do.
It's not a simple case of production. The fact is we have an oil refining bottle neck which could be fixed if the federal government would get the hell out of the way and allow refineries to operate without the crushing and draconian regulations which make it so very expensive to operate.
Just about one month ago, a Philadelphia refinery was shuttered because the owner could not find a buyer. One would think that with gas prices at historic highs, refining should be lucrative. Not so. With the tons of restrictive regulations placed by federal government, it is nearly impossible to operate at a profit.
Obama could, if he had the courage, put a stop to this. he won't. He would rather kowtow to environmental interests because they are a very important sector of the democrat voting base.
Obama does NOTHING unless there is political gain for himself.
Remember that.

He's right. Speculators, OPEC and the political environment in places like Iran, determine gas prices. I've also heard that we have cheaper gas than Europe does because we give subsidies to big oil. US production isn't the determining factor either. US production has increased significantly under the Obama administration.

Nice try.
Whenever someone on here ( mostly libs) state they "heard", they then drive right off the credibility cliff.
You "heard"...:clap2:

Now if you want the government to be in charge of domestic gas prices..that's another argument entirely.

What I have heard repeatedly is the our energy supply is of critical nationl importance. If this is fact, then why in the hell would we sell our dwindling supply of crude to other investors anywhere in the world? Sell our national treasure to the highest world wide bidder.

Oh I know. It's capitalism. And those companies have a god given right to drill our oil and sell it back to us at prices that reflect the world market prices. Even though it is Americas oil.

Yea I could see where the governmnet needs to take over the oil industry in America. I mean it is of critical nationl importance. Right? And the oil companies are only loyal to profit and the bottom line. The oil companies could give a shit less where they sell our oil.

Nothing like cutting your own throat.

You don't see the big picture.

Probably because the left won't spoon feed it to you.

If we declared war it changes everything. The government can shut off oil and gas exports. We need them to fuel the war. There is no need to do that until we declare war. Declaring war grants special powers to the President. Powers that today would be considered against the bill of rights.

The purpose of a good domestic energy policy is simply a hedge against the worst case scenario. Having such a program prevents Iran from black mailing us thus preventing a resultant war.

140864912.jpg

President Barack Obama on Wednesday made fun of foes who promise "three-point plans for two dollar gas," aiming to deflect election year attacks sparked by rising gas prices.

"This is not the first time we've seen gas prices spike," Obama said, as drivers face pump prices averaging $3.80 a gallon across the country.

"The next time you hear some politician trotting out some three-point plan for $2 gas -- you let them know we know better," Obama told a supportive crowd.

"Tell them we're tired of hearing phony election-year promises that never come about."

:muahaha:

Barry, get a clue. If it weren't for phoney election-year promises you'd have nothing to say.....ever.

But it seems like Obama is saying we might as well forget about $2/gal gas......at least as long as he's president.

Senator Obama: Rising gas prices are President Bush’s fault!
President Obama: Rising gas prices are someone else’s fault!

Posted by Editor on 22 February 2012, 9:26 pm

It is rather similar to Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) telling us that President Bush adding four trillion dollars to the national debt all by his lonesome was irresponsible and unpatriotic. From the Pirate’s Cove:

Obama To Blame Others For Rising Gas Prices Thursday

By William Teach February 22, 2012 – 5:38 pm

While attempting to toot his own horn:

(Bloomberg) President Barack Obama will try to head off the political impact of rising gasoline prices as Republicans vow to make the price at the pump an issue in the 2012 election campaign.

Obama plans events this week focusing on his administration’s efforts to expand domestic exploration and development of alternative energy sources to combat cyclical spikes in gas prices.

He’s going to blame China, Iran, speculators, people who fail yo properly inflate their tires and get tune ups, anybody but himself.

The White House press secretary, Jay Carney, came to his daily press briefing armed with statistics about domestic exploration and said Obama favors various forms of energy, including higher fuel-efficiency standards, nuclear reactor development and alternative energy research.

He will discuss the steps his administration has taken to increase domestic production of oil and natural gas, raise fuel efficiency standards and promote new construction of nuclear facilities, officials said.

How’s that worked so far? Much like the unemployment rate, the US has had sustained high gas and energy prices throughout Obama’s time as emperor, er, president. And the rates continue to rise.

This will be a purely political speech, one in which Obama ducks all responsibility, and one in which he provides no true solutions. The phrase you’ll be hearing in your head is “suck it up, buttercup. Buy a Volt.” Because energy just magically appears from unicorn farts in Obama World. And one in which the taxpayers pay for his gas for the 17 car motorcades and unnecessary fossil fueled flights to campaign events and vacation spots.

buckstopsherefrontsmall.jpg

Bloomberg’s reporting is unsurprising: President Truman’s famous desk sign is nowhere to be found in the Oval Office these days! But it’s just one more piece of the Obama puzzle, telling us how the very things for which he criticized President Bush are somehow, some way not his responsibility now that he has the big job.

If President Obama had a strong record, he could, and would, tell the truth about it, and his re-election would not be in doubt. That he’s pointing fingers at everybody else, that he’s trying to misdirect your view, tells you everything you really need to know about this President: he knows, himself, that he has not been a success. Senator Obama: Rising gas prices are President Bush’s fault! President Obama: Rising gas prices are someone else’s fault! « THE FIRST STREET JOURNAL.

You actually had to wait for the President of the United States to tell you this? Do you ever think for yourself?

mud, I guess you will be voting for the eye of Newt. He has claimed he will be bringing back 2 dollar a gallon gas.

How will he do that? Do you know?

And have you seen the FOX tape where the wonderful hosts were defending George Bush when gas prices were so high. They claim, on air for all to see if they look, that Presidents have no control over gas prices. Unless the Presidents name is Obama.

So which is it. Control or no control, according to FOX?

And I am sure with your no bias opinions that you prolly don't watch FOX or listen to Rush, so if you can't answer I understand. Maybe someone eles will know. Gotta be a few FOX viewers on here.

Bullshit....Your side vilified Bush and Cheney saying they deliberately allowed or even forced gas prices upward in order to take care of their so called rich oil friends.
Now you people have the shoe on the other foot and want a hall pass? I don't fucking think so.
Obama has a shit sandwich on his plate and is going to to have to chow down.
You people will just have to accept that fact.
On election day in November, Obama is going to be blamed for high gas prices. How much depends on unemployment, the price of food and other essentials.
If Americans vote on kitchen table issues, Obama will lose.

140864912.jpg

President Barack Obama on Wednesday made fun of foes who promise "three-point plans for two dollar gas," aiming to deflect election year attacks sparked by rising gas prices.

"This is not the first time we've seen gas prices spike," Obama said, as drivers face pump prices averaging $3.80 a gallon across the country.

"The next time you hear some politician trotting out some three-point plan for $2 gas -- you let them know we know better," Obama told a supportive crowd.

"Tell them we're tired of hearing phony election-year promises that never come about."

Barry, get a clue. If it weren't for phoney election-year promises you'd have nothing to say.....ever.

But it seems like Obama is saying we might as well forget about $2/gal gas......at least as long as he's president.

Senator Obama: Rising gas prices are President Bush’s fault!
President Obama: Rising gas prices are someone else’s fault!

Posted by Editor on 22 February 2012, 9:26 pm

It is rather similar to Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) telling us that President Bush adding four trillion dollars to the national debt all by his lonesome was irresponsible and unpatriotic. From the Pirate’s Cove:

Obama To Blame Others For Rising Gas Prices Thursday

By William Teach February 22, 2012 – 5:38 pm

While attempting to toot his own horn:

(Bloomberg) President Barack Obama will try to head off the political impact of rising gasoline prices as Republicans vow to make the price at the pump an issue in the 2012 election campaign.

Obama plans events this week focusing on his administration’s efforts to expand domestic exploration and development of alternative energy sources to combat cyclical spikes in gas prices.

He’s going to blame China, Iran, speculators, people who fail yo properly inflate their tires and get tune ups, anybody but himself.

The White House press secretary, Jay Carney, came to his daily press briefing armed with statistics about domestic exploration and said Obama favors various forms of energy, including higher fuel-efficiency standards, nuclear reactor development and alternative energy research.

He will discuss the steps his administration has taken to increase domestic production of oil and natural gas, raise fuel efficiency standards and promote new construction of nuclear facilities, officials said.

How’s that worked so far? Much like the unemployment rate, the US has had sustained high gas and energy prices throughout Obama’s time as emperor, er, president. And the rates continue to rise.

This will be a purely political speech, one in which Obama ducks all responsibility, and one in which he provides no true solutions. The phrase you’ll be hearing in your head is “suck it up, buttercup. Buy a Volt.” Because energy just magically appears from unicorn farts in Obama World. And one in which the taxpayers pay for his gas for the 17 car motorcades and unnecessary fossil fueled flights to campaign events and vacation spots.

buckstopsherefrontsmall.jpg

Bloomberg’s reporting is unsurprising: President Truman’s famous desk sign is nowhere to be found in the Oval Office these days! But it’s just one more piece of the Obama puzzle, telling us how the very things for which he criticized President Bush are somehow, some way not his responsibility now that he has the big job.

If President Obama had a strong record, he could, and would, tell the truth about it, and his re-election would not be in doubt. That he’s pointing fingers at everybody else, that he’s trying to misdirect your view, tells you everything you really need to know about this President: he knows, himself, that he has not been a success. Senator Obama: Rising gas prices are President Bush’s fault! President Obama: Rising gas prices are someone else’s fault! « THE FIRST STREET JOURNAL.

You actually had to wait for the President of the United States to tell you this? Do you ever think for yourself?

Thinking for myself allows me to spot it as bullshit. I know it's not 100% true. Obama takes facts and draws the wrong conclusions. We have more oil than Saudi Arabia yet their gas is much cheaper.

Obama is trying get us to accept higher prices now that he's president.

The main factor in price disparities between countries is government policy, according to AirInc, a company that tracks the cost of living in various places around the world. Many European nations tax gasoline heavily, with taxes making up as much as 75 percent of the cost of a gallon of gasoline, said a spokesperson for AirInc.

In a few Latin America and Middle-East nations, such as Venezuela and Saudi Arabia, oil is produced by a government-owned company and local gasoline prices are kept low as a benefit to the nation's citizens, he said. CNN/Money: Global gas prices

140864912.jpg

Thinking for myself allows me to spot it as bullshit. I know it's not 100% true. Obama takes facts and draws the wrong conclusions. We have more oil than Saudi Arabia yet their gas is much cheaper.

The main factor in price disparities between countries is government policy, according to AirInc, a company that tracks the cost of living in various places around the world. Many European nations tax gasoline heavily, with taxes making up as much as 75 percent of the cost of a gallon of gasoline, said a spokesperson for AirInc.

In a few Latin America and Middle-East nations, such as Venezuela and Saudi Arabia, oil is produced by a government-owned company and local gasoline prices are kept low as a benefit to the nation's citizens, he said. CNN/Money: Global gas prices

Come on dude, get real. I can remember paying .75 for a pack of cigarettes in my lifetime, but I don't need the POTUS to tell me not to expect to see that price ever again...

Now he's gonna try to convince us he's doing everything in his power to control it.....but it is a hopeless cause........just deal with it.

Yes or no.

Domestic production at the present time is greater then when George W. Bush was President?

Yes, but not nearly enough to keep up with the global demand, so your enabling is a fail.....

He's right. Speculators, OPEC and the political environment in places like Iran, determine gas prices. QUOTE]

Two of the three you list there the President of the United States could influence.

Peak oil + rising global demand = rising oil prices = rising gasoline prices. The only thing that will bring down the price of gasoline is to reverse one of the first two factors. The first one (peak oil) is irreversible. The second one is not, but requires either that the global economy tank again (which brought oil prices down a few years ago), or that we switch to renewable energy and stop using oil for fuel.

Once we do that, the price of oil will drop dramatically. Then there will be cheap gasoline -- but our cars will be running on something else.

mud, I guess you will be voting for the eye of Newt. He has claimed he will be bringing back 2 dollar a gallon gas.

How will he do that? Do you know?

And have you seen the FOX tape where the wonderful hosts were defending George Bush when gas prices were so high. They claim, on air for all to see if they look, that Presidents have no control over gas prices. Unless the Presidents name is Obama.

So which is it. Control or no control, according to FOX?

And I am sure with your no bias opinions that you prolly don't watch FOX or listen to Rush, so if you can't answer I understand. Maybe someone eles will know. Gotta be a few FOX viewers on here.

I remember when George Bush was President and the democrat assholes hammered him for the high price of gas.. remember "pain at the pump." I bet you do you bid assed dumb democrat.

Peak oil + rising global demand = rising oil prices = rising gasoline prices. The only thing that will bring down the price of gasoline is to reverse one of the first two factors. The first one (peak oil) is irreversible. The second one is not, but requires either that the global economy tank again (which brought oil prices down a few years ago), or that we switch to renewable energy and stop using oil for fuel.

Once we do that, the price of oil will drop dramatically. Then there will be cheap gasoline -- but our cars will be running on something else.

You've got the propaganda down, i'll give you that......

Come on dude, get real. I can remember paying .75 for a pack of cigarettes in my lifetime, but I don't need the POTUS to tell me not to expect to see that price ever again...

Explain why we're paying more now at $105 per barrel than when it was close to $150.

Explain why we're paying more now at $105 per barrel than when it was close to $150.

Umm Umm But But...........:lol:

Yes or no.

Is increasing domestic production the only way to control the price?

No.

If Domestic production is up, how much is it up? And because the oil we produce isn't all sold here but on the world market that isn't going to help. You have to make it worthwhile for oil companies to sell more of their product here......but then that would be tax-cuts for the rich wouldn't it??

I see. So, Mud, you are advocating government control of the Petroleum industry? Now isn't that a wonderful 'Conservative' position.

Explain why we're paying more now at $105 per barrel than when it was close to $150

Because they can. The oil companies learned after last go around that there was nothing the government, consumers or anyone else can do to stop them from pricing however they want.

Beside that, here in Ohio, I have paid much more than the 3.49 I paid yesterday.

Maybe you can explain this; how does the gasoline sitting in a stations underground tanks, refined and ready to be turned into burnt hydrocarbons, why does the price need to flucuate(sp) on a daily basis?

Because they can. The only industry that can price their existing retail product based on future speculation.

Is that a great system or what?

Think if the bread producers could do that. You gotta eat. Lets say the wheat growers decide that a bushel of wheat MIGHT be harder to come by in two years and because of that, they need to drive the price (through the commodities futures markets) of wheat already grown and ready to crazy heights because of what may happen in the future.
And then bread starts costing 10 dollars a loaf.

How would that work for us? Would you support that kind of action?

So funny, the 'Conservatives' are always screaming about a 'free market' then when that market impacts them, they are screaming 'somebody do something about it'. Somebody, meaning the big bad government. The 'Conservatives' are so hypocrital. They simply cannot see the contradictions in their whines.

You have to make it worthwhile for oil companies to sell more of their product here

You familiar with the idea of supply and demand. You have gas lines in your neighborhood? No, me neither. Buy all the gas I want. If oil companies want to sell more of their product, lower the damn price.

Forum List

Back