Obama says carrying a gun "undermines justice"

This is a lie.

That the OP is a liar comes as no surprise, of course.

As already correctly noted, the president is referring to the illegal carrying of guns, not concealed carry or open carry in jurisdictions where authorized.

That the OP and conservatives responding to this thread feel the need to lie about what the president said is both desperate and pathetic.

All you do is go from Obama scandal thread to Obama scandal thread saying "All scandals are phony."

All you do is go from Obama scandal thread to Obama scandal thread saying "All scandals are phony."

If you read the Obama quote in context can you honestly support the OP's use of it to try to make it appear he was referring to anybody other than the rioters and thugs? Even if somebody doesn't like liberals in general does that make lying acceptable? These two posters have both made this observation so nobody can claim ignorance of the facts. I don't like far-right wingers in general but I've over a thousand posts on record here and you won't find an intentional lie to advance that agenda in any one of them. Lots of conservatives can manage an anti-Obama agenda without making shit up.

I do believe he was referencing the ones carrying guns that are causing problems...Not the populace at large that are not causing problems with carrying guns...

“While I understand the passions and the anger that arise over the death of Michael Brown, giving in to that anger by looting or carrying guns, and even attacking the police, only serves to raise tensions and stir chaos,” Obama told a news conference. “It undermines, rather than advancing, justice"

This is a lie.

As already correctly noted, the president is referring to the illegal carrying of guns, not concealed carry or open carry in jurisdictions where authorized.

That the OP and conservatives responding to this thread feel the need to lie about what the president said is both desperate and pathetic.

You shouldn't feel the need to carry a gun to protect yourself. You should feel safe enough that no weapon is needed.

In a perfect world, great. But just looking at the rioters in Ferguson, it's clear we aren't in a perfect world. That was a case a letting the police handle a situation, which is looking more and more like a justifiable shooting, and yet the crazies are out in full force terrorizing the town. The police were criticized for using force and now are throwing their hands in the air for the most part. The level of violence there required that the police take strong action, but that wasn't acceptable. So, we're supposed to just rely on police, but we shouldn't have too much police force and you shouldn't be defending yourself. Gee, let's just let the degenerates of the world have their way and not do a damn thing about it.

Would you feel safe in Ferguson right now? Would you feel safe walking through Chicago late at night? How about Central Park? Or maybe along the southern border? You shouldn't feel the need to carry a gun to protect yourself. You should feel safe walking through the worst neighborhood in any city. That would be nice, but it will never be reality. Too many people are born psychopaths and too many just don't have a conscience. We either fight back, knowing police cannot possibly protect us all, or we just allow the criminals to take over areas bit by bit and keep trying our best to stay out of their way?

In a perfect world, we wouldn't feel the need to carry any protection, lock our doors or put valuables in a safe. It's easy to say you shouldn't feel the need to protect yourself, but reality says otherwise. People won't hand over their guns just because it's wrong for criminals to exist and we shouldn't rightfully have to deal with them. They aren't going away and I hope the left never succeeds in making our right to protect ourselves go away.

Like all democrats, obozo opposes americans taking care of themselves. All problems are to be solved by the feds.

What a dumbass (Obama). I need more guns than ever BECAUSE Obama is POTUS. That is FACT! The 2A is still a right, and it needs to be defended against the face of Obama's tyranny

-Geaux

Last edited:
Seeing that 13% of the population commits 50% of all murders. I'd guess he'd talking about his people?

When the race of the murderer is known in 2012, 53.4% of murderers were black. Where the race of the victim is known, 51% of the victims are black

-Geaux

In a perfect world, great. But just looking at the rioters in Ferguson, it's clear we aren't in a perfect world. That was a case a letting the police handle a situation, which is looking more and more like a justifiable shooting, and yet the crazies are out in full force terrorizing the town. The police were criticized for using force and now are throwing their hands in the air for the most part. The level of violence there required that the police take strong action, but that wasn't acceptable. So, we're supposed to just rely on police, but we shouldn't have too much police force and you shouldn't be defending yourself. Gee, let's just let the degenerates of the world have their way and not do a damn thing about it.

Would you feel safe in Ferguson right now? Would you feel safe walking through Chicago late at night? How about Central Park? Or maybe along the southern border? You shouldn't feel the need to carry a gun to protect yourself. You should feel safe walking through the worst neighborhood in any city. That would be nice, but it will never be reality. Too many people are born psychopaths and too many just don't have a conscience. We either fight back, knowing police cannot possibly protect us all, or we just allow the criminals to take over areas bit by bit and keep trying our best to stay out of their way?

In a perfect world, we wouldn't feel the need to carry any protection, lock our doors or put valuables in a safe. It's easy to say you shouldn't feel the need to protect yourself, but reality says otherwise. People won't hand over their guns just because it's wrong for criminals to exist and we shouldn't rightfully have to deal with them. They aren't going away and I hope the left never succeeds in making our right to protect ourselves go away.

Good post.

The area in which I live has its share of violent acts, but the acts of violence are so low that we don't fear walking down the street.
I wouldn't walk down the street at night, though - but then, no one would. You keep yourself safe by avoiding areas which may become unsafe after dark.
I am not frightened by black kids in hoodies, or Muslims, or even white guys who look they are ready for a fight. They are my fellow citizens, they live in the same city I do, and I trust them.

Its just sad that over there, the scale of violence is so great that you feel the need to walk around with a gun.

Good post.

The area in which I live has its share of violent acts, but the acts of violence are so low that we don't fear walking down the street.
I wouldn't walk down the street at night, though - but then, no one would. You keep yourself safe by avoiding areas which may become unsafe after dark.
I am not frightened by black kids in hoodies, or Muslims, or even white guys who look they are ready for a fight. They are my fellow citizens, they live in the same city I do, and I trust them.

Its just sad that over there, the scale of violence is so great that you feel the need to walk around with a gun.

That's not the only reason I carry a gun. But it is a contributing factor.

-Geaux

Check out a karambit and the damage they can do...youtube has videos.
They create horrific wounds. :D

I had never heard of a karambit but just did a search and they look pretty cool. They're kinda like small kukri knives and i've got a bunch of kuuks. The curved edge is great for mayhem

This is a lie.

That's not what he said, though. He said:

"While I understand the passions and the anger that arise over the death of Michael Brown, giving in to that anger by looting or carrying guns, and even attacking the police, only serves to raise tensions and stir chaos,” Obama told a news conference. “It undermines, rather than advancing, justice.”

He equated carrying a gun to looting. The first is a right protected by the second amendment, the second is a criminal act. One would think a constitutional scholar would know the difference.

I had never heard of a karambit but just did a search and they look pretty cool. They're kinda like small kukri knives and i've got a bunch of kuuks. The curved edge is great for mayhem
The best way to hold them is in your fist with the blade down. "Reverse grip" I think it's called..You can punch and make holes or you can slash and make absolutely horrific wounds.

Against a gunman? obviously VERY risky unless he's right up on you and even then you have to get control of his gun hand and slash simultaneously.Not sure I'd try it. Just depends...

...but against Knockout game players or other hand to hand assaults?
Worst mistake they ever made...
Did you see the "slash tests" on youtube?

Good post.

With all due respect, Noomi...you have an extremely small population of blacks in Australia because of your immigration laws. You're not frightened by them because they don't exist in big enough numbers to be a threat. That isn't the case in the United States. Here there are cities where the population is overwhelmingly black.

Good post.

So, you are comfortable living in fear at night. Me, personally, I'll go anywhere any time of the day or night as the need or mood strikes me. Careful? Yes. Heightened situational awareness? Absolutely. Fear to point of not being somewhere I have a right to be? No way in hell.

That's not what The Big O said. He said carrying a gun undermines justice. Get your facts straight.

Forum List

Back