Obama says al Qaeda still greatest threat to U.S.

I am so grateful that we finally have a President that who puts America's interests first and cares about our country.

Yes, I agree. I think Bush had his own agenda concerning the Iraq invasion. That was wrong on so many levels.

I think Bush was right to invade Iraq.

I also think Obama's right that Al Qaeda remains the greatest threat.

Why? I'm very curious to hear why you think so. I believe it is one of the biggest mistakes that this country has ever made, and we've made lots of 'em. It was a travesty. I truly believe that this war was initiated for the monetary benefit of buscho's cronies in the private security biz at the expense of tax payers, and for no other reason. None of their "reasons" for it add up, and I do believe that they cooked intelligence. If I'm right, I do hope that one day they are made to pay for what they did to this country.

And how the "reasons" for going in kept changing each time the previous excuse was de-bunked. I remember when they announced the invasion thinking, uh oh... something doesn't smell right.

In hindsight Iraq was a mistake.

As I recall, every intelligence agency not only our CIA believed this guy had WMD's. Could we have taken the chance that it was so?? This guy gassed 5,000 Kurds with WMD's and killed thousands of his own people in every way you can imagine. He was NO great loss to anyones society. Was it worth the price we payed in the blood of our young men?? I think history will answer that one. I sure can't.

Invasion of Iraq cost us:

4.000+ dead American soldiers and tens of thousands wounded

hundreds of billions of US taxpayer dollars

well over 100,000 dead Iraqi civilian men, women, and children

loss of international prestige

and we gained what????

As I recall, every intelligence agency not only our CIA believed this guy had WMD's. Could we have taken the chance that it was so?? This guy gassed 5,000 Kurds with WMD's and killed thousands of his own people in every way you can imagine. He was NO great loss to anyones society. Was it worth the price we payed in the blood of our young men?? I think history will answer that one. I sure can't.
With this war, we have killed far, far more Iraqi's than Saddam ever did.

Let's assume for a minute that Saddam actually DID have WMD.....how was this a threat to the US? Saddam's BEST missile was the SCUD. How exactly was he going to hit us with one of those?

With this war, we have killed far, far more Iraqi's than Saddam ever did.

How many Iraqis did the Iraqis kill themselves ?

and we gained what????

who is being tried in new York?

The masterminds behind 9-11.

That is success. Because of bush

Al Qaida was being trained in Iraq. Iraq was a valid target.

The war was fought under too much political correctness. That was bush's mistake.

I disagree, though they made huge errors in planning for post-Hussein and then failed to change in any sort of timely manner.

and we gained what????

who is being tried in new York?

The masterminds behind 9-11.

That is success. Because of bush
Far as I know.

None of the people to be put on trial in New York were captured in Iraq. :doubt:

Why? I'm very curious to hear why you think so. I believe it is one of the biggest mistakes that this country has ever made, and we've made lots of 'em. It was a travesty. I truly believe that this war was initiated for the monetary benefit of buscho's cronies in the private security biz at the expense of tax payers, and for no other reason. None of their "reasons" for it add up, and I do believe that they cooked intelligence. If I'm right, I do hope that one day they are made to pay for what they did to this country.

Point of clarification. I said I thought Bush was right to invade Iraq. I did not say I agreed with Bush's reasons for invading Iraq.

Though I don't agree that Bush effectively condemned thousands of people to die just so his friends could turn a profit. If he did, he will answer for it eventually.

Al Qaeda? Obama knows they're terrorists? I guess it would take an attack on American soil to prove that one. So far, no proof according to Obama. Can't have it both ways Mr. President.

Forum List

Back