Voters say, "Throw the Bums Out!"

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
New Pew polling indicates the dissatisfaction with the current crop of elected officials is among its highest levels since polling took place over the last 20 years - similar to levels seen just prior to the 1994 and 2006 elections.

___

Even more troubling for incumbents is that independent voters are more down on their elected officials than partisans of either stripe. Only a quarter of independents want to see congressional incumbents reelected next year, while 42 percent support their own lawmakers in the midterms.

What's clear from this and other national polling as well as a variety of state data is that there is a widespread belief that politicians are not acting in the best interests of those they represent. This sentiment isn't terribly new, but the depth of these anti-incumbent feelings -- particularly among political independents -- makes it newsworthy.

washingtonpost.com

New Pew polling indicates the dissatisfaction with the current crop of elected officials is among its highest levels since polling took place over the last 20 years - similar to levels seen just prior to the 1994 and 2006 elections.

___

Even more troubling for incumbents is that independent voters are more down on their elected officials than partisans of either stripe. Only a quarter of independents want to see congressional incumbents reelected next year, while 42 percent support their own lawmakers in the midterms.

What's clear from this and other national polling as well as a variety of state data is that there is a widespread belief that politicians are not acting in the best interests of those they represent. This sentiment isn't terribly new, but the depth of these anti-incumbent feelings -- particularly among political independents -- makes it newsworthy.

washingtonpost.com

There's the 2010 and 2012 landslides that we have been projecting. They have awoken the sleeping giant, and the giant is pissed.

___

washingtonpost.com

There's the 2010 and 2012 landslides that we have been projecting. They have awoken the sleeping giant, and the giant is pissed.
Who is 'we'?

I truly hope that during the next few election cycles that voters will toss any and all of the current incumbents out of office peacefully by the action of their votes. In my entire life I have never seen such a crop of deadbeats.

___

washingtonpost.com

Certainly 2010 is looking to be a decisive victory for the Republicans - though they are still inept enough to screw that up as well.

2012?

Too far away yet to know...

We need to use the "write-in" more ... plain and simple. ;)

I plan to write in "KittenKoder" when I vote for President but I'm not sure they will know who I'm talking about. But then again, it wouldn't surprise me for the government to already know each of us on this board!:lol:

I plan to write in "KittenKoder" when I vote for President but I'm not sure they will know who I'm talking about. But then again, it wouldn't surprise me for the government to already know each of us on this board!:lol:

Oh hell no! If I get voted in I'm having everyone who voted for me arrested! :razz: Because you'd have to be insane to vote for someone who's crazy.

Yes, we do. I'd like to see everyone write in 'none of the above'... just to send the bastards a very loud message.

No, just get large groups to agree with a "nobody" (thanks whoever gave me that label for them) ... someone who hasn't been in politics that you think would do a good job.

Yes, we do. I'd like to see everyone write in 'none of the above'... just to send the bastards a very loud message.

No, just get large groups to agree with a "nobody" (thanks whoever gave me that label for them) ... someone who hasn't been in politics that you think would do a good job.

I always write my brother's name in. He'd be a fab POTUS - and he's pretty darned hot, according to Si modo!!

I always write my brother's name in. He'd be a fab POTUS - and he's pretty darned hot, according to Si modo!!

I was almost going to say something
:lol:

Y'all can write me in but dont make me POTUS, NO ONE will be happy if i'm Prez.

I was almost going to say something
:lol:

Y'all can write me in but dont make me POTUS, NO ONE will be happy if i'm Prez.

I'll be your VP, if you ask nicely.

___

washingtonpost.com

You could have conducted a similar poll for the last 100 years and gotten the same results.

Yet people keep reelecting their reprsentatives because they like them

Polls may say this, but as has been said, these people keep winning.

It takes a major issue or series of issues for a big change, and that looks to be what is happening.

Just as 2006 was anger over the two wars and 2008 added a financial meltdown, the anger building is immense as needless spending during a recession and burding future generations with bills nobody reads may cause a huge shift in 2010.

vote them all out!!! if you have supported Obama care, cap and trade, tax increases you need to go!!!!!

Polls may say this, but as has been said, these people keep winning.

It takes a major issue or series of issues for a big change, and that looks to be what is happening.

Just as 2006 was anger over the two wars and 2008 added a financial meltdown, the anger building is immense as needless spending during a recession and burding future generations with bills nobody reads may cause a huge shift in 2010.

MANY fall for the faux 'Baubles and Trinquets" thrown out by politicians by the promise of the TAX CODE being used to PUNISH those that produce *FOR * those that DO NOT.

*THIS* is the GAME Ladies? Gents? Wake up. We are ALL PAWNS to the Political Elite Class no matter what Political SIDE you call home.

WAKE UP. What is more important? Your Liberty? Or getting 'even' with people that don't hold you future in their hands? Or the FUTURE of this Nation?

YOU hold the cards. Time to tell the Electeds, and the *ELITISTS* to FUCK OFF and vote them ALL out until they really address the problems of this nation SANS Political bent?

These GAMES have to cease before you forget what Liberty really IS or was.

Forum List

Back