Obama Remorse

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rambunctious, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Rambunctious

Rambunctious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,980
    I’ve talked with several people who voted for Obama who told me they made a mistake and now they wish they had their vote back.
    I would like to know if there are any remorseful Democrats on USMB. Any Democrats wish you could change your vote?

2. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,784

Welcome to that club. I have friends that voted for this guy, in fact they couldn't wait to vote for OL'BO. They teased the heck out of me because I voted for McCain.

Shoes on the other foot now. These friends, one a Reg Dem the other a left leaning INdi are not happy with the way OL'BO is running his show. They can see their money taking a hike with BO's agenda. If you want to get someones attention, try for their wallets. I wonder how many others are way, way disappointed wit Barry boy???

Nope. My one friend said she would vote for the garbage man rather than BO. In fact, she thinkg the GM looks pretty damned good in comparison. LOL

3. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,508
    Looking like Obama will win by an even larger margin in 2012

Says a lot for voter remorse

4. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    I voted for Obama and am not a Democrat. I have no regrets at all about my vote.

Here's why: If McCain's campaign was any indicator of his administrative talents, I don't want him anywhere near the Oval Office.

By the way, Obama and his sycophants out there all blab about the "inherited mess" when the fact is, by far the worst thing the President inherited was the very same Congress.

That's not the President's fault, and we'll be rectifying that, come November.

So no, no regrets here on my Obama vote. And as I've said previously, right now I would vote for him again.

Your problem is a common one. Far too many people put too much importance on the President, when they should be focusing on Congress, who really has all the power and controls the purse strings.

5. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,784
    Somehow I ain't buyin that one RW.

Lots will depend on the economy and if OL'BO can figure out how to get companies hiring. If things are going good, he may very well get re-elected. If not. I really don't think so. A lot will also depend on who the Reps field against him in 2012.

Time will tell but I don't believe Barry's a shoe in for 2012.

6. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,784

Your right on that one M. The Prez gets the kudo's if things are gong good and blame if they ain't. This Congress, the same one Bush had, sucks. These guys all need to take a hike. The Congress has control of the purse strings, not the Prez. He can submit a budget but nothing says Congress has to approve it.

I don't like OL'B. I never bought into his Hope and Change BS. I don't trust this guy and probably never will. I didn't care for McCain either but voted for him as the lesser of two evils.

Its a long wait to see who the Reps field against him. Will just have to wait and see.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Keep telling yourself that.

8. Sherry

Sherry You're not the boss of me Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,085
    I know quite a few who are disappointed, but none have stated they would have given their vote to someone else.

9. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,508
    A lot will depend on the economy in 2012

If his first year trends are any indicator, the economy will be on solid footing in 2012. This will mean doom for the "Party of No". All of their predictions of economic gloom will have been proven false.

The biggest problem with the Republicans is that Obama is still personally well liked. The current crop of Republican stiffs do not have a chance head to head against the President.

10. elvis

elvis BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    No. It says a lot for the republicans not providing a decent opponent.