Obama Refuses to Hit ISIS’s Libyan Capital

That camp was the ISIS capital?...You're a moron. Read the O.P. again:slap:

Instead, the U.S. will continue to do occasional strikes that target high-value leaders, like the November drone strike that killed Abu Nabil al-Anbari, the then-leader of ISIS in Libya.

“There’s nothing close to happening in terms of a major military operation. It will continue to be strikes like the kind we saw in November against Abu Nabil,” a second defense official explained to The Daily Beast.

try again------AL Qaeida???? what makes the mujahad pigs in Libya "AL QAEIDA" are all animals that support the filth of sunni caliphate going to
be called "AL QAEIDA?

The very people we helped take over Libya FLEW AL QAEIDA FLAGS!

Hillary's State Department hired an Al Qaeida-associated militia to 'protect' Stevens.

Stevens warned the State Department numerous times that the Al Qaeida flag was beginning to fly over more and more Libyan Govt buildings prior to his death....

Stevens warned that MORE Al Qaeida Terrorist Training Caamps were being opened in Benghazi prior to his death...

It was KNOWN that the group Obama give weapons to and eventually joined to take over Libya - the same group that had been hiring Jihadists from all over the world to go to Afghanistan and Iraq to kill American troops - WERE Al Qaeida!

He did the same EXACT thing in Syria - Obama knowingly ran weapons from Benghazi to 'rebels' in Syria...who just happened to be ISIS! Obama didn't give a damn, though, because they promised to help him overthrow Assad and Syria....
- Obama supplied, armed, trained, and protected ISIS as they were part of his 'proxy war' against Assad.
- He called ISIS a 'JV team' to downplay the fact that they were a terrorist organization HE secretly chose to work WITH against Assad. He HONESTLY thought he could 'handle'/control them, keep them contained in Syria and focused on taking on Assad...until they F*ed him by attacking France the day AFTER he declared to the world that HE had 'contained' them.

After Obama helped Al Qaeida take over Libya they F*ED him and Hillary by assassinating Stevens and murdering 3 other Americans.

After Obama had helped ISIS they F*ed him by invading Iraq, taking over much of the country our troops had liberated at great cost.

Obama paid a RANSOM for Bo Bergdahl - the release of the Taliban 5 were NEVER part of the deal. Obama released the Taliban 5 as part of his attempt to empty Gitmo. He had been releasing jihadists/inmates for a while but the Taliban 5 were too big to simply release. Obama used the Bo Bergdahl event as an excuse to release them WHY is Bergdahl and the Taliban 5 important in discussing this topic? Because it shows Obama's pattern of TREASON / working WITH terrorists!

Easy----I appreciate your information VERY MUCH and do not doubt it ENTIRELY------but I do not believe that AL QAEIDA is a-----"well organized entity"------it is
more like that which are called NAZIS today--------now that adolf is dead------just
an IDEOLOGY with adherent groups here and there. I think it would be more
accurate to describe such groups as "SUNNI CALIPHATISTS". Based on that which I learned about muslims and islam-------long long ago-----there are tens of
millions of "believers" ------and millions of adherents ----scattered all over the globe.
It is very important to note that his ideology AIN'T NUTHIN' NEW

Easy----I appreciate your information VERY MUCH and do not doubt it ENTIRELY------but I do not believe that AL QAEIDA is a-----"well organized entity"------it is
more like that which are called NAZIS today--------now that adolf is dead------just
accurate to describe such groups as "SUNNI CALIPHATISTS". Based on that which I learned about muslims and islam-------long long ago-----there are tens of
millions of "believers" ------and millions of adherents ----scattered all over the globe.

As I pointed out, the people Obama helped called themselves Al Qaeida.

They had for years hired Jihadists to go to Iraq and Afghanistan to kill US troops...WHY in the hell would we help such people?

After using our military to help kill Qaddafi and hand the government / country over to them they began - as Stevens reported - began to raise Al Qaeida flags over Libyan Govt buildings.

Trying to argue that the Jihadists - who called themselves Al Qaeida - aren't REALLY 'Al Qaeida' to ME...and I do not mean this in ANY insulting way / attack against you...is as silly as Bill Clinton trying to argue the definition of 'is'. It's inconsequential, does not change the fact that Obama took the country to war and used our military to help terrorists take over Libya, and he did so without going before Congress to ask for Congressional approval to do so.

you are damned confused. --------in what war is the US engaged that was started
by Obama? Can you name some Al Qaeida operatives now in the employ or
being handled by the USA who "took over their own country"???. I do not know
an "al Qaeida'" country.------Are you talking about YEMEN?
Rosie, Obama took the country to war to help Al Qaeida take over Libya....it's a done deal, the war is over.
Obama has us in the middle of a proxy war with Syria / Assad.

How many of our military have been fighting in Libya over the past two years?
Not many ,but we bombed Gaddafi out of power, and left Lybia a failed stated

come off it....... Jroc------a few bombs on Tripoli did not destroy Kdaffy duck

As I pointed out, the people Obama helped called themselves Al Qaeida.

They had for years hired Jihadists to go to Iraq and Afghanistan to kill US troops...WHY in the hell would we help such people?

After using our military to help kill Qaddafi and hand the government / country over to them they began - as Stevens reported - began to raise Al Qaeida flags over Libyan Govt buildings.

Trying to argue that the Jihadists - who called themselves Al Qaeida - aren't REALLY 'Al Qaeida' to ME...and I do not mean this in ANY insulting way / attack against you...is as silly as Bill Clinton trying to argue the definition of 'is'. It's inconsequential, does not change the fact that Obama took the country to war and used our military to help terrorists take over Libya, and he did so without going before Congress to ask for Congressional approval to do so.

I ('respectfully' <<< yeah right) do not agree, mr easy. I do believe that
there are "fly by night"----groupies all over the world (now) which self
describe as "al queida" as borrowed glow from the 'god' OSAMA.
There may be a few such groups right now in upstate New York--------logical
conjecture

Copy.... but it really doesn't matter what YOU believe...it is what THEY believe and what THEY call themselves. They could call themselves 'Walt Disney Warriors' for all I care, but if they are terrorists, which the 'rebels' Obama aided and used our military to help take over Libya were, then they are terrorists.

Again, my point is Obama dragged the US to war and aided terrorists to take over Libya.
He did not go before Congress to ask for the authority to do so. he did it on his own.
In the aftermath, Libya - by comparison to Iraq - is way more F*ed up because it is controlled by terrorists, whereas Iraq is still a liberated country attempting to drive out the terrorists Obama allowed to enter unopposed.

Obama helped create the failed state of Libya. Now it's a safe haven for isis...Obama is fine with that I seems:mad:

02.18.16 12:01 AM ET
Exclusive: Obama Refuses to Hit ISIS’s Libyan Capital
The terror group is gaining ground in Libya. But the Obama administration has said no to a Pentagon plan to go after ISIS there.

Despite the growing threat from the self-proclaimed Islamic State in Libya, the Obama administration has turned down a U.S. militaryplan for an assault on ISIS’s regional hub there,three defense officials told The Daily Beast.

In recent weeks, the U.S. military—led by its Africa and Special Operations Commands—have pushed for more airstrikes and the deployment of elite troops, particularly in the city of Sirte. The hometown of former Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi, the city is now under ISIS control and serving as a regional epicenter for the terror group.

The airstrikes would target ISIS resources while a small band of Special Operations Forces would train Libyans to eventually be members of a national army, the officials said.

Weeks ago, defense officials told The New York Times that they were crafting military plans for such strikes, but needed more time to develop intelligence so that they could launch a sustained air campaign on ISIS in Sirte.

But those plans have since been put on the back burner.

“There is little to no appetite for that in this administration,” one defense official explained.

Exclusive: Obama Refuses to Hit ISIS’s Libyan Capital
His retirement goat is being raised there. He does not want it harmed.

Copy.... but it really doesn't matter what YOU believe...it is what THEY believe and what THEY call themselves. They could call themselves 'Walt Disney Warriors' for all I care, but if they are terrorists, which the 'rebels' Obama aided and used our military to help take over Libya were, then they are terrorists.

Again, my point is Obama dragged the US to war and aided terrorists to take over Libya.
He did not go before Congress to ask for the authority to do so. he did it on his own.
In the aftermath, Libya - by comparison to Iraq - is way more F*ed up because it is controlled by terrorists, whereas Iraq is still a liberated country attempting to drive out the terrorists Obama allowed to enter unopposed.

take it "easy" ---EASY..... I do not disagree that they are terrorists ---and of a
PECULIAR KIND--------I am, simply, describing that which AL QUEIDA has
come to denote. ok ok------but I will continue to call them what I know has
existed for a very long time SUNNI CALIPHATISTS<<<<< a danger to the world
that did not actually surprise me when Oliver North mentioned the name OSAMA
BIN LADEN------

you are damned confused. --------in what war is the US engaged that was started
by Obama? Can you name some Al Qaeida operatives now in the employ or
being handled by the USA who "took over their own country"???. I do not know
an "al Qaeida'" country.------Are you talking about YEMEN?
Rosie, Obama took the country to war to help Al Qaeida take over Libya....it's a done deal, the war is over.
Obama has us in the middle of a proxy war with Syria / Assad.

How many of our military have been fighting in Libya over the past two years?
Not many ,but we bombed Gaddafi out of power, and left Lybia a failed stated

come off it....... Jroc------a few bombs on Tripoli did not destroy Kdaffy duck

Bull crap, a few bombs? Obama sides with the islamist scum and you trivialize it? The no fly zone was integral to the defeat of Gaddafi. Libya is a failed state because of Obama and the rest of NATO

The resolution was taken in response to events during the Libyan Civil War,and military operations began, with American and British naval forces firing over 110 Tomahawk cruise missiles, the French Air Force, British Royal Air Force, and Royal Canadian Air Force undertaking sorties across Libya and a naval blockade by Coalition forces. French jets launched air strikes against Libyan Army tanks and vehicles. The Libyan government response to the campaign was totally ineffectual, with Gaddafi's forces not managing to shoot down a single NATO plane despite the country possessing 30 heavy SAM batteries, 17 medium SAM batteries, 55 light SAM batteries (a total of 400-450 launchers, including 130-150 SA-6 launchers and some SA-8 launchers), and 440-600 short-ranged air-defense guns. The official names for the interventions by the coalition members are Opération Harmattan by France; Operation Ellamy by the United Kingdom; Operation Mobile for the Canadian participation and Operation Odyssey Dawn for the United States.

From the beginning of the intervention, the initial coalition of Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Italy, Norway, Qatar, Spain, UK and US expanded to nineteen states, with newer states mostly enforcing the no-fly zone and naval blockade or providing military logistical assistance. The effort was initially largely led by France and the United Kingdom, with command shared with the United States. NATO took control of the arms embargo on 23 March, named Operation Unified Protector. An attempt to unify the military command of the air campaign (whilst keeping political and strategic control with a small group), first failed over objections by the French, German, and Turkish governments.On 24 March, NATO agreed to take control of the no-fly zone, while command of targeting ground units remains with coalition forces. The handover occurred on 31 March 2011 at 06:00 UTC (08:00 local time). NATO flew 26,500 sorties since it took charge of the Libya mission on 31 March 2011.

2011 military intervention in Libya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Forum List

Back