Obama Quietly Backs PATRIOT Act Provisions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kevin_Kennedy, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    Obama Quietly Backs PATRIOT Act Provisions by William Fisher -- Antiwar.com

More evidence that nothing changes regardless of which evil we pick for office.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. PatekPhilippe

PatekPhilippe Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    "You have given out too much rep in the last 24 hours. Try again later."

Very true Kevin_Kennedy....and he actually made it MORE intrusive if you see the subtle changes he made to it and FISA.

3. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    Not to sound like a foiler but I always figured they were doing this stuff for years anyways.

4. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    We were warned that future administrations would only expand these powers back when the Patriot Act was first proposed.

BTW that's another piece of legislation that the Dems threw bipartisan support at.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. gautama

gautama BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +336
    Knowing the MusLamedoo-eating Obami Salami and his stooge Holder's record you can betcha bippy that this pair of Libtards will use it solely on American Patriots. The first being the "Teabaggers".

Shortly after Obami Salami's Home Security stooge Napolitano on National TV with great fanfare and hoopla outlawed the term "Terrorist activity" with "Man made disasters". And "War on Terror" with "Overseas Contingency Opertions", the Florida Libtard Congressman (and ex-indicted judge) Alcee Hastings voiced the necessity to round up the "teabaggers" and such, as a threat to National Security. And righteously voiced the need to send them to "Detention camps" by introducing a bill to Congress. I hope the Liberal pukes don't have the power to initiate this kind of action.

"Detention camps" ???? Sound familiar ???? That is exactly the same term used for the camps the Nazis used before they turned the same into Concentration Camps a la Auschwitz, etc.

I know, I know the Libtards will compare the Japanese Camps during WWII with Auschwitz, or Treblinka, etc.

Personally, I don't think the LibNuts have the power to initiate this kind of madness......

But, what with the Muslimdoo-eating records of MARXIST Obami-Salami and his stooge Holder's backing of the Patriot Act it does sound ominous.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  6. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    It is always a good idea to watch what is coming from Government late on Fridays, and the day before holidays. That's when they tend to release shit they hope no one will catch. Also, of course, with the hysteria over healthcare - you can bet your last dollar that there is a variety of seriously hinky shit getting quietly passed without the media or the public noticing.

Hells teeth, our government is an institutionally corrupt organization. They all need to join the unemployment lines.

7. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +350
    Seems to be the "MO" for the Obama administration.

Flood the entire system with issue after issue, and while we are concentrating on trying to deal with those, THEY are busy planning and trying to pass more of their agendas 'behind' our backs.

8. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    In the interest of fairness, it's SOP for whatever party holds the power. It's not new.... what is new is the amount and speed with which this Administration is running. It's almost like they know something we don't.

What's the rush?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    It is all falling apart.

10. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +350
    I think you got that nailed, nothing new, but the 'speed' at which this is happening. The magicians call it "Slight of Hand"