Obama Puts Census Under Rahm Emanuel's Control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by colbaltblue52, Feb 10, 2009.

1. colbaltblue52

colbaltblue52 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The Obama Administration moved the census out of the Department of Commerce and into the White House:

Here's another sign that democrats intend to keep their majorities in Congress.
    No Quarter wrote about this political development:

LisaB, earlier today, asked a lot of sharp questions about the Obama administration’s move of the census out of the Department of Commerce and into the White House.

Now, why would Rahm Emanuel want the Census under his control in the White House? Huh? Why might that be? “The census is used to allocate federal aid to states and draw electoral districts,” the New York Times editorial board wrote in order to REMIND PRESIDENT OBAMA that he might not want a REPUBLICAN in charge of drawing “electoral districts.” Good god almighty. So now Obama’s administration has decided that they’ll do the census themselves.
    What a shock... It looks like Obama learned a trick or two while he was palling around with those Chicago politicians after all.

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/02/2010-census-will-be-under-rahm-emanuels.html

Edited to include link. In the future, all quotes must be linked and only part of the article in question posted. If, until you reach 16 posts, you have anything you want to link, contact a mod or admin for assistance. otherwise the posts will have to be deleted. Thanks

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Wow. that is new.

3. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Link?

United States Census Bureau - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Bureau of the Census is part of the United States Department of Commerce. The agency director is a political appointee selected by the current President.

United States Department of Commerce - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What does the OP not get about the fact that's it not moving into the White House because it's always been in there. The Census was run by the Department of Commerce who[s Secretary is appointed by Obama.

What I'm wondering is where OP got Rahm Emanuel's name into this? He's the Chief of Staff. Unless of course he's one of those people who think the Jews now run the White House. :lol:

4. DiveCon

DiveCon gone

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,387
    you are uninformed, as usual

while your links are correct, that where it USED to be
    Obama is changing it since he picked Gregg for Commerce

thats why this STINKS

5. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    Personally, I don't think he should have put someone in charge of Commerce who voted to disband the dept of commerce. I certainly don't think he should have someone in charge of the census who opposed funding the census. But it is funny watching the hysteria.

Census Director to Work Directly with White House | 44 | washingtonpost.com

BTW, did any of the hysterics ask how it was done before the good folk at BushCheney, Inc got their widdle hands on it?

Didn't think so... but gridgingly buried at the end of a FauxNews article:

Political Battle Brews Over 2010 Census - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com

oops..... hysteria is so much fun to watch. michelle malkin twists reality and the bloggers all jump after her.... and not a single one of the righties even asks how it was done before

heh... now aren't y'all embarrassed

6. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    actually...what *stunk* (past tense) was Bush and the boys politicizing it by handing it to a republican congressional committee before the panel could make its rulings (you know, heaven forbid we actually count minority voters or anything silly like that).

and i wouldn't let greg anywhere near commerce, anyway.

7. DiveCon

DiveCon gone

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,387
    well, clearly your Messiah disagrees with you, since he selected him

and btw, the census isnt supposed to count minorities, its supposed to count PEOPLE

8. DiveCon

DiveCon gone

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,387
    and on the next census, i plan to put HUMAN where it asks for race

9. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    I've never said he was the "messiah". That's a right wing thing. I'm jewish. You know we believe the messiah hasn't come yet. ;)

(And if you recall, I was a hillary person... voting for the better alternative doesn't make me suddenly think someone loses all flaws.)

And I'm not going to agree with every decision he makes. Bi-partisanship is fine... on issues where dems and repubs have common goals and ideologies.... or with particular people who are able to do the right thing regardless of politics (David Gergen was like that).

and while the census may count PEOPLE, the populations that are growing are minority populations. why do you think Bush took it away from the nice non-partison comittee that used to do the job?

My point was that Michelle Malkin freaks out over somthing being returned to the way it was before Bush politicized it and the right wingnut blogosphere follows in rather shrill fashion.

The opinions of that wingnut blogoshphere then get recycled as fact. (left and right wingnut blogoshere... this issue just happens to be the right).

10. DiveCon

DiveCon gone

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,387
    the Messiah thing was a joke, you should understand that by now

and it has ALWAYS been under the commerce dept
    and it was going to be when Richardson was the person for Commerce
    so your excuse is BS