The Majority Won, But Sometimes They Stink

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Who would have thought?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/11/us/politics/11inquire.html?_r=1&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

February 11, 2009
3 Lawmakers Tied to Lobbyist Inquiry

By DAVID D. KIRKPATRICK
WASHINGTON — Federal prosecutors are looking into the possibility that a prominent lobbyist may have funneled bogus campaign contributions to his mentor, Representative John P. Murtha, as well as other lawmakers, two people familiar with the investigator’s questions said Tuesday.

Employees of the PMA Group, the firm founded by the lobbyist, Paul Magliocchetti, have given a total of more than $1 million to political campaigns over the last three election cycles, according to the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics.

In the first half of 2007, the PMA Group and its clients contributed more than $500,000 to three congressmen, Mr. Murtha, the Pennsylvania Democrat who is chairman of the House defense appropriations subcommittee, and his close allies on the panel, Representative James P. Moran of Virginia and Representative Peter J. Visclosky of Indiana.

The lawmakers, meanwhile, earmarked more than $100 million in defense spending for PMA clients in the appropriations bills for 2008, according to a study by Taxpayers for Common Sense, which tracks earmarks.

In the last two weeks before the 2008 election, Mr. Murtha went on a last-minute fund-raising blitz, and PMA executives and clients gave him more than $100,000, according to a tally by the Capitol Hill newspaper Roll Call....
Who would have thought? :eusa_angel:

Go read Outrage by Dick Morris Annie.

Just as many Republicans as is their Democrats if not more Republicans take lobbyist money.

Honestly, it's a better question of who doesn't take lobbyist money anymore but who takes the least.

Just as many Republicans as is their Democrats if not more Republicans take lobbyist money.

Honestly, it's a better question of who doesn't take lobbyist money anymore but who takes the least.

I feel so much better, thank you. Without you, I'd never know that those on 'my side' stink too. I needed you, like RAID.

I feel so much better, thank you. Without you, I'd never know that those on 'my side' stink too. I needed you, like RAID.

As the old saying goes, those in glass houses should not throw stones.

What you're doing here is basically trolling.

Given the "K Street Politics" the Republicans, at present, are rather more smelly. Give the Democrats eight years of strong majority, and they can reverse that situation. Good ol' human nature wins out every time.

Dick Morris, just last night said that this "stimulus" bill was the dems chance to get the pork they've been wanting to get through for years and that Obama used fear tactics to get it through.

Do you believe that too ? ..... :eusa_whistle:

Given the "K Street Politics" the Republicans, at present, are rather more smelly. Give the Democrats eight years of strong majority, and they can reverse that situation. Good ol' human nature wins out every time.

puff puff give ......

Dick Morris, just last night said that this "stimulus" bill was the dems chance to get the pork they've been wanting to get through for years and that Obama used fear tactics to get it through.

Do you believe that too ? ..... :eusa_whistle:

Obama is great with his fear tactics. He's even better than Bush.

Forum List

Back