Obama Pushes for National Sales Tax

olinaning

Rookie
Jun 19, 2009
As part of his proposed health care plan, President Obama unleashed a series of new tax proposals for the American people:

-Tax Health Benefits (the very thing he mocked McCain for proposing)

-National tax on alcohol

-National tax on sugar products/foods using sugar

-National Sales Tax

These taxes are meant to help pay for the 1+ trillion dollar Obamacare plan that estimate project will assist only 16 of the 40 million uninsured Americans.

WTF??????

National sales tax isn't going to happen, barring a constitutional amendment.

The last thing any of the asswipes in the District of Criminals wants, irregardless of party, is a debate on the content of the Constitution.

Last edited:
Didn't BO say he wasn't going to 'raise taxes' on people making 'x' amount of dollars?

A national sales tax taxes everyone.

BO full of shit yet again.

The National Sales Tax should be 23% on all sales of new goods...accompanied by a repeal of the income tax amendment.

...AKA, The Fair Tax.

We would capture huge amounts in taxes from pimps, hookers, drug dealers, illegal aliens and all others that currently pay NO TAX.

Shouldn't do squat until the people have time to focus on. Just like the party in power to try and send something like this under the radar.

Shouldn't do squat until the people have time to focus on. Just like the party in power to try and send something like this under the radar.
Hell, congress passes bills they haven't read. Why should we be allowed to know what they're not reading?

He's serious about taxing the kids' soda pop!

Because it's "bad" for them. NOT to raise revenue you understand, but to punish those BAD parents who might let their kid have a ice cold coke now and again!

And he's getting re-elected how?

If we trade income taxes for the sales tax, it might be a good bargain.

Washington does quite well with its sales tax regeime, Oregon suffers with its income tax.

The rate seems kind of extreme.

One or the other is good, both are bad.

But it is kind of funny that 0bama is doing what he ridiculed McCain for.

He's serious about taxing the kids' soda pop!

Because it's "bad" for them. NOT to raise revenue you understand, but to punish those BAD parents who might let their kid have a ice cold coke now and again!

And he's getting re-elected how?

I know, he sent me a letter begging me to not quit smoking, :)

This might be an interesting topic for a new thread. Now we are going to have socialized medicine, and it is expensive stuff, paying for it is going to be a big issue.

There is also the issue that a lot of what gets us into the hospital is voluntary. Smoking, eating too much, eating high fat foods, drinking etc. If I am paying for your health care, and you are a fat smoker and I am a thin non smoker, you will get more tax benefit than I will. Since I am paying taxes to repair the damage from your stupidity, I sort of have a vested interest in reducing the cost of health care by policing you.

So, should smokers pay higher premiums than non smokers? Of course. Do you want to go before nurse Ratchett every six months to determine your tax bill? Making fewer fat people lowers government expense.

This might be an interesting topic for a new thread. Now we are going to have socialized medicine, and it is expensive stuff, paying for it is going to be a big issue.

There is also the issue that a lot of what gets us into the hospital is voluntary. Smoking, eating too much, eating high fat foods, drinking etc. If I am paying for your health care, and you are a fat smoker and I am a thin non smoker, you will get more tax benefit than I will. Since I am paying taxes to repair the damage from your stupidity, I sort of have a vested interest in reducing the cost of health care by policing you.

So, should smokers pay higher premiums than non smokers? Of course. Do you want to go before nurse Ratchett every six months to determine your tax bill? Making fewer fat people lowers government expense.

Actually I'm planning to be job free. I'll expect my rent, health care, and cigs provided free or oops, by entitlement. If not, I'll steal them. Problem solved.

Actually I'm planning to be job free. I'll expect my rent, health care, and cigs provided free or oops, by entitlement. If not, I'll steal them. Problem solved.
Well, Job free is pretty much the way things are going for everybody in the new 0bama economy. And I am sure the government is already planning for the new billion dollar coins we will have to use after the 0bama inflation kicks in.

Well, Job free is pretty much the way things are going for everybody in the new 0bama economy. And I am sure the government is already planning for the new billion dollar coins we will have to use after the 0bama inflation kicks in.

It'll will be SO COOL when none of us have to bother with 'work.' Can't wait!

from watching today's sundays news shows, people in his own party want dont want a national healthcare plan. they want competition between the private insurance companies which is the way it should be.

Forum List

Back