Obama Peddles Myths About Taxes And The Rich

...It's not "punishing the rich"...

Sure it is. Digger was storming the Bastille all over again when he said--

... Soak the rich. Take the money that we gave them over the last 30 years. The money that they have failed to use to create jobs. Take it back.

--and a worker's paradise for all!

...I'm willing to pay a little more in taxes and take a little less in Social Security. But it isn't fair that the wealthy get to set back...

If you see the federal treasury as a deserving charity then go ahead and donate all you want (more info here), and if you're asking me for donations I can tell you about a few other charities I prefer. You're not. You want to take my money by force and donate it to your charity and if I object you say "it isn't fair". You're in poor company as it's kid's that say "not fair!!" while adults talk about the need for the state to endure and that we must have justice and rule of law.

So what we need is more tax revenue. When tax rates were higher revenue fell --bad choice. The last time we lowered rates revenue increased. Makes sense to do it again.

Nope. I see it as "promises made should be promises kept".

But do go on with your fantasy that the GOP will balance the budget on the backs of the middle class. Because as soon as they start cutting SS, Medicare and Medicaid they will easily hand control of the government over to the Dems for the next 40 years.

Poll: Taxing the rich favored over Medicare cuts - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

Seventy-eight percent of Americans are opposed to Medicare cuts, while 69 percent are opposed to Medicaid cuts.

...tax advantages of the economic ELITE are not nearly enough to satisfy their pure greed!!!!! ...

Hatred for the rich is not justified.

A music composer who creates a beautiful melody is making something of value. Wealth is that which has value, so artists create wealth, become wealthy, and we should thank them instead of hating them. Same for the scientist who discovers a new cure for a dread disease. Sure they can give their wealth away if they want (and that's what many wealthy people do), but the point is that creating wealth is not a bad thing.

Nor does hatred for the rich help anyone else.

When people migrate they go from areas of poverty to areas of wealth. People are better off when they're around the rich then when they're near the poor.

Investor's Business Daily said:
President Obama has been traveling the country selling what he calls a "balanced plan" to reduce the nation's gargantuan debt.

It would cut the debt a total of $4 trillion over 12 years, relying on tax hikes on the rich for $1 trillion of that. Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., in contrast, would cut the debt by $4.4 trillion in 10 years without raising any taxes. Obama has described that plan as "radical."

But in making the case for tax hikes, Obama has made several claims that, while they may strike a chord with voters, perpetuate myths about taxes and the rich.
Yeah....that's what they said about Bill Clinton.......​

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

Try to catch-up, there, Rookie....
MsnSlap5.gif

:eusa_whistle:

The number one lie of the RIGHT is that the rich pay the majority of taxes that keeps this nation going.

No they do not.

The vast majority of taxes that are paid in this antion are in the form of sales taxes, and real estate taxes.

And the wealthy do not pay the majority of those.

So the middle class is actually paying for most of what this nation needs to keep things going.

The rich pay a higher percentage of the FEDERAL taxes which mostly goes to making them RICH to begin with.

Hey idiot, we're talking about the Fed Gov. Don't change subjects.
And your description of Bush cap gains tax cut was hilarious, btw. Unintentionally I'm sure.

...Nope. I see it as "promises made should be promises kept"...

Work with me on this. Please tell me who is it that made which broken promises to what other group, and then fill in how it translates to your taxing my money for your use.

...tax advantages of the economic ELITE are not nearly enough to satisfy their pure greed!!!!! ...

A music composer who creates a beautiful melody is making something of value. Wealth is that which has value, so artists create wealth, become wealthy, and we should thank them instead of hating them. Same for the scientist who discovers a new cure for a dread disease. Sure they can give their wealth away if they want (and that's what many wealthy people do), but the point is that creating wealth is not a bad thing.

When people migrate they go from areas of poverty to areas of wealth. People are better off when they're around the rich then when they're near the poor.
I don't hate the sinner, I hate the sin!!! It is pure GREED that owns their soul that makes them unsatisfied with the tax advantages they enjoy now.

Rather than kiss their asses every time they demand MORE, like CON$ do, I say the more they demand, the less they should get. They are not happy with paying a reduced tax rate on capital gains and demand a ZERO tax rate on cap cains, then make them pay the same rate as wage earners. Maybe then the ELITES will appreciate the tax advantages they now enjoy.

I don't hate the sinner, I hate the sin!!! It is pure GREED that owns their soul that makes them unsatisfied with the tax advantages they enjoy now.

Rather than kiss their asses every time they demand MORE, like CON$ do, I say the more they demand, the less they should get. They are not happy with paying a reduced tax rate on capital gains and demand a ZERO tax rate on cap cains, then make them pay the same rate as wage earners. Maybe then the ELITES will appreciate the tax advantages they now enjoy.

Hey idiot. You have been brainwashed by the class warriors. This isn't a game. It isn't about punishing people. It is about constructing a tax code that will produce appropriate revenue for the country. If you punish the most productive then everyone else will suffer.
I have an idea: regressive taxation. The less you make, the more you pay. That will encourage people like you to get off your fat ass and work harder.

Hey idiot. You have been brainwashed by the class warriors. This isn't a game. It isn't about punishing people. It is about constructing a tax code that will produce appropriate revenue for the country. If you punish the most productive then everyone else will suffer.
I have an idea: regressive taxation. The less you make, the more you pay. That will encourage people like you to get off your fat ass and work harder.
That is the CON$ervative agenda already. Thank you for admitting it.

The one and only progressive tax, the income tax, the GOP wants to cut and they want to raise all the regressive taxes to make up the difference. The GOP philosophy is punish the middle class worker. Capital gains tycoons are the ELITE and are too good to pay taxes, but the middle class wage earner deserves to be punished for their inferiority by paying all the taxes.

To CON$ the hard working wage earners are not "productive" and should be punished by the tax code, but capital gains tycoons are the only productive people and are therefore above paying taxes. :cuckoo:

Hatred for the rich is not justified. A music composer who creates a beautiful melody is making something of value. Wealth is that which has value, so artists create wealth, become wealthy, and we should thank them instead of hating them. Same for the scientist who discovers a new cure for a dread disease...

...Rather than kiss their asses every time they demand MORE, like CON$ do, I say the more they demand, the less they should get...

Hey idiot...

Whoa let's look at what Ed's got here, we round up anyone who creates works of art or cures the sick, and we shoot them.

Give me a minute, I'm trying to think up a good side to this...

The bottom line is the left feels it shouldn't have to pay for anything. And they are dangerously close to not paying anything.. while demanding everything.

The only reason that they're paying more income taxes is because they're raking in money hand over fist.

The rich are richer than they ever have been before... ...The solution is clear. Soak the rich...

On other threads push the president's story that the rich are not paying their fair share to justify raising tax rates on the rich. We agree that the rich are in fact paying most of the taxes and your conclusion is that they're paying more because they're making more which justifies raising tax rates on the rich. While I disagree with your conclusion I like your approach better than Obama's because it's based on reality.

So we're together with the fact that America needs tax revenue and the rich have the money. You want to punish the rich (I don't think creating wealth is bad but no matter) but I'd like to know which is more important to you, increasing revenue or punishing the rich?

Punsihing the rich, of course.

The one and only progressive tax, the income tax, the GOP wants to cut and they want to raise all the regressive taxes to make up the difference. The GOP philosophy is punish the middle class worker. Capital gains tycoons are the ELITE and are too good to pay taxes, but the middle class wage earner deserves to be punished for their inferiority by paying all the taxes.

To CON$ the hard working wage earners are not "productive" and should be punished by the tax code, but capital gains tycoons are the only productive people and are therefore above paying taxes. :cuckoo:

Excuse me but which party has been pushing for higher gas and oil prices? Yup the Dems. Talk about hurting working class people.
A CEO can create thousands of new jobs and make many many people millionaires. How many ditch diggers can do the same thing?

President Obama has been traveling the country selling what he calls a "balanced plan" to reduce the nation's gargantuan debt.

It would cut the debt a total of $4 trillion over 12 years, relying on tax hikes on the rich for $1 trillion of that. Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., in contrast, would cut the debt by $4.4 trillion in 10 years without raising any taxes. Obama has described that plan as "radical."

But in making the case for tax hikes, Obama has made several claims that, while they may strike a chord with voters, perpetuate myths about taxes and the rich.
We already know what the problem is.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wDdWJcpJj0]YouTube - Maddow: GOP plan to extend tax cuts for the rich[/ame]​

There is not enough wealth among the rich (whoever they are) to reduce the deficit.
That's what.....

....huh??

eusa_doh.gif

...which is more important to you, increasing revenue or punishing the rich?

Back during the '08 primaries a question was given to Obama "considering that capital gains tax hikes are followed by reduced tax revenue, why do you want to raise the capital gains tax rates?" His answer started out "It's a matter of fairness..."

Revenue doesn't matter. The balanced budget doesn't matter. The left wants tax hikes for the sake of 'fairness'.

...which is more important to you, increasing revenue or punishing the rich?

Back during the '08 primaries a question was given to Obama "considering that capital gains tax hikes are followed by reduced tax revenue, why do you want to raise the capital gains tax rates?" His answer started out "It's a matter of fairness..."

Revenue doesn't matter. The balanced budget doesn't matter. The left wants tax hikes for the sake of 'fairness'.

i.e. punishing the rich. The left thrives on class envy.

...Rather than kiss their asses every time they demand MORE, like CON$ do, I say the more they demand, the less they should get...

Hey idiot...

Whoa let's look at what Ed's got here, we round up anyone who creates works of art or cures the sick, and we shoot them.

Give me a minute, I'm trying to think up a good side to this...
Description of Straw Man

The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:

1. [*]Person A has position X.
    [*]Person B presents position Y (which is a distorted version of X).
    [*]Person B attacks position Y.
    [*]Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed.
This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because attacking a distorted version of a position simply does not constitute an attack on the position itself. One might as well expect an attack on a poor drawing of a person to hurt the person.

Excuse me but which party has been pushing for higher gas and oil prices? Yup the Dems. Talk about hurting working class people.
A CEO can create thousands of new jobs and make many many people millionaires. How many ditch diggers can do the same thing?
That's rich :lol: the clock punchers at Walmart are soon to be millionaires. :cuckoo:

The funny thing is, every person I ever worked for swore up and down that they were POOR, so if the "rich" create jobs, they're not here in America!!!

The liar starts with an extremely accurate stat quoted by Obama, then changes its meaning by saying it "suggests" something it doesn't suggest!!! This is a standard lying technique of CON$.

The quote is accurately pointing out the fact that the effective tax rate on the top one percent is DOWN from 50 years ago. Using the same range as the deliberately deceptive graph, in 1980 the effective income tax rate on the top 1% was 22.3% and in 2008 it was down to 19%. The reason the graph deceptively shows them paying more is because they had more income. Their income went up more than their rates went down.

So, your complaint isn't that they rich aren't paying their fair share. Your complaint is that they are doing well and you want to destroy them. I've never seen such a contemptible display of envy in my life. You just made it apparent that the left's only motivation is to destroy those they envy. You are despicable.

An accurate interpretation of the graph is that the rich are reporting more income instead of diverting their wealth into tax shelters. That's the reason that lowering taxes can often increase government revenues. The liberal motive for raising taxes, on the other hand, is pure destruction.

To give you an idea just how F***ed up they are, their income went up and their tax rate on that increased income went down and they are still whining and crying that it is still not enough!!!!! :fu:
These people suffer from a sickness that can never be cured. No matter how much they have, they always will want MORE!!!!!!!!!!

the rich aren't whining, dipshit. However, anyone with a brain opposes leftwing schemes to destroy the rich because that's synonymous with destroying the country and the market economy. stirring up envy against the rich is a ruse designed to give fascists like yourself the power to confiscate all our incomes. If you can destroy the rich, you can destroy us all.

Go fuck yourself.

Forum List

Back