Obama over Romney 47 to 42?

Where he to be foolish enough to run again, Obama would lose a vast majority of our 57 states.

Why wouldn't he run again? He clearly still wins most of the states he won before...

Regardless of the jab at what you KNOW he meant..e,g, counties.

But keep trying to make him seem as stupid as the tweeting twit. Lol.

I never understood how so called conservatives could support Romney. I never would even consider voting for him until he admits what an enormous fuck up the Assachusetts health care system became under his watch. He won't do that and I probably still wouldn't vote for him if he did.

i'm not sure why real conservatives wouldn't support romney. he's smart economically and he stays out of people's personal business.

i figure that's exactly what 'conservatives' should be doing.

unlike the reactionaries and right wing religious activists who like to call themselves 'conservative'.
I don't support Romney... don't like him at all. I think he's just another career politician that has a life time membership in the good ole boys club. He's a run of the mill Washington insider. Just the kind of politician in my opinion that needs to go.

Frankly, as a conservative, I have no idea who I'll vote for in 2012. It's too early. But I can tell you one thing... IT WON'T BE OBAMA! Might as well be voting for GEORGE SOROS.

I might vote GOP if it's Romney. I sure as hell won't if it's Palin. And hell will freeze over before I vote for Obama.

i'm not sure why real conservatives wouldn't support romney. he's smart economically and he stays out of people's personal business.

unlike the reactionaries and right wing religious activists who like to call themselves 'conservative'.
I don't support Romney... don't like him at all. I think he's just another career politician that has a life time membership in the good ole boys club. He's a run of the mill Washington insider. Just the kind of politician in my opinion that needs to go.

Frankly, as a conservative, I have no idea who I'll vote for in 2012. It's too early. But I can tell you one thing... IT WON'T BE OBAMA! Might as well be voting for GEORGE SOROS.

I might vote GOP if it's Romney. I sure as hell won't if it's Palin. And hell will freeze over before I vote for Obama.

you might not have the chance to vote for romney b/c i think the wingnuts will knock him out in the primaries.

you might not have the chance to vote for romney b/c i think the wingnuts will knock him out in the primaries.

Maybe...maybe not. A lot of the uber wingnuts claim at least to be conservative but not GOP. Could they even vote in a GOP primary in most states?

The Repubs have a long standing tradition of anointing the next in line. This time around, the heir apparent would indeed be Romney. For all the calls of RINO, if he can get around the religion question I think he's the guy to beat.

I would vote for Romney also.

I tend to agree with Pale though. Who says Obama will even run for a second term??

If I were him I'd get the hell outta Dodge. He's gotten a taste of being the POTUS and while I'm sure it has many good points it also got a bunch of real ball busters.

I never could figure out why anyone would want to be POTUS. Jeeze.

Apparently, despite the best efforts of the rightwingnuts, the president still appears to be in good shape for 2012. And while I am not much on the predictive value of a poll taken two years before an election, I think it's time to start responding to the losers who keep talking about how they've already somehow destroyed him politically.

my favorite is the numbers versus palin in bold...

when you put a Republican name into the equation, the numbers change -- in favor of Obama. The president leads former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney 47 to 40 percent. Sen. John Thune of South Dakota trails by 20 points, 47 to 27 percent.

Related Stories
A Third of Democrats Say Obama Compromised Too Much on the Tax Deal
Obama Urges Passage of Tax-Cut Deal, Pledges to Work with Business Community
The president leads former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin 55 to 33 percent. NBC says that 22 percent spread is "an indication that the former Republican vice presidential nominee remains a polarizing figure who actually wins support for Mr. Obama."

The survey finds that nearly three-quarters of Americans personally like the president, even if they don't agree with his stands on the issues.

Obama in Good Shape for 2012 Despite Current Woes, Poll Finds

Im surprised romney got that much in the poll, shocked actually. I live in MA and because of him allowing our health mandate to pass without including budget balancing in the process we are now over a billion dollars in debt and our state medicare system is in shambles. Its horrible.

If the Federal Health care bill isn't destroyed by the courts before the 2012 election romney has ZERO chance of winning in a presidential election.

Palin has as much chance as Michael Moore winning.

On a side note, the way you framed this post made me think that the poll was actually these people up against Obama directly. However that is not how it was done. The poll just was based on favorability ratings in general and not a poll of "If obama was running vs X_candiate who would you vote for.

Its a little misleading. http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/S...ies_Teases/101770 Dec NBC-WSJ Filled inV1.pdf <----thats where the article got the information and you can see its based on ratings individually and not in comparison to other canidates.

Romney can easily turn his Healthcare experience in Mass into a win - . He can come out strong against Obamacare by saying "I know it won't work, we tried it in Mass. We went in with the best intentions and it is now a clusterfuck. Elect me and my first official act will be to repeal Obamacare and get gov't out of healthcare". He'd cruise to victory......:clap2:

I never understood how so called conservatives could support Romney. I never would even consider voting for him until he admits what an enormous fuck up the Assachusetts health care system became under his watch. He won't do that and I probably still wouldn't vote for him if he did.

Had he stuck to his moderate guns..he might have made it to the last election. Instead he tried to out conservative everyone.

He still has a shot in 2012..

Romney can easily turn his Healthcare experience in Mass into a win - . He can come out strong against Obamacare by saying "I know it won't work, we tried it in Mass. We went in with the best intentions and it is now a clusterfuck. Elect me and my first official act will be to repeal Obamacare and get gov't out of healthcare". He'd cruise to victory......:clap2:

That is the only way he can do it, he would have to 100% disown it.

He would also have to educate the voting populace outside of MA on the budget failures Devaul Patrick added to it which made things even worse than they would have been under how romeny left it. But we know how things work in the majority of the media outlets so I'm not going to be fooled into thinking they will allow that to be exposed enough to help romney.

Your post reminded me of this awesome blast from the past

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh2DeQtVyJM[/ame]

Had he stuck to his moderate guns..he might have made it to the last election. Instead he tried to out conservative everyone.

He still has a shot in 2012..

I would vote for him over obama but I'm a Libertairian. I have problems with both Obama and Romney but, as governor, Romney did a MUCH BETTER job than Obama is doing as president.

from the same poll

On the political front, Mr. Obama faces a mixed picture as he considers his re-election. Only 42% said they would probably vote for the president if he ran again; 39% said they would probably vote for a Republican.

Poll Finds Support for Obama's Move to Center - WSJ.com

Which reflects my point.

Obama has zero chance of being reelected.

JFK has a better chance.

Literally.

:lol:

He's running..and he'll probably win.

Good gawd, I'm not sure we can survive the next two years of the Obama and his comrades in arms. Let alone another four.

That same poll showed Obama over Palin by

55% to 33%.

lol, that's bad news for the Democrats, i.e., that the center and the right may be waking up to the idiocy and unelectability of Palin.

something else I noticed about the poll..it doesn't say the people are REGISTERD voters.

Methodology
The poll results contained in this book are from a survey conducted by the polling organizations of Peter D. Hart and Bill McInturff for NBC News and The Wall Street Journal from December 9-13, 2010. The survey was conducted by telephone among a cross section of 1,000 adults (including a sample of 200 interviews among adults who only use a cell phone).

The national sample for this poll was drawn in the following manner: Individuals were selected proportionate to the nation's population in accordance with a probability sample design that gives all landline telephone numbers (both listed and unlisted) an equal chance to be included. Registered voters, age 18 years old or over were selected by a systematic procedure to provide a balance of respondents by sex. The cell phone sample was drawn from a list of cell phone users nationally, and respondents were screened to ensure that their cell phone is their only phone.

The data's margin of error is ±3.1 percentage points for 1,000 adults at the 95% confidence. Sample tolerances for subgroups are larger. Minimal weights have been applied to educational, attainment, sex and age.

Poll Finds Support for Obama's Move to Center - WSJ.com

The poll uses roughly 48% Democrats and democrats leaning - and 41% Republicans and republican leaning......23% of the respondents are UNION Households......so the results are a bit less than surprising.

A correctly weighed sample would show a very close race, with an edge to Romney (or a ham sandwich!)

Romney won't say it. I've heard interviews where he defended Romneycare saying that it was the Patrick administration that screwed it up. And if he did admit he screwed up all of a sudden it would hurt what credibility he has left as a so called conservative.

Apparently, despite the best efforts of the rightwingnuts, the president still appears to be in good shape for 2012. And while I am not much on the predictive value of a poll taken two years before an election, I think it's time to start responding to the losers who keep talking about how they've already somehow destroyed him politically.

my favorite is the numbers versus palin in bold...

when you put a Republican name into the equation, the numbers change -- in favor of Obama. The president leads former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney 47 to 40 percent. Sen. John Thune of South Dakota trails by 20 points, 47 to 27 percent.

Related Stories
A Third of Democrats Say Obama Compromised Too Much on the Tax Deal
Obama Urges Passage of Tax-Cut Deal, Pledges to Work with Business Community
The president leads former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin 55 to 33 percent. NBC says that 22 percent spread is "an indication that the former Republican vice presidential nominee remains a polarizing figure who actually wins support for Mr. Obama."

The survey finds that nearly three-quarters of Americans personally like the president, even if they don't agree with his stands on the issues.

Obama in Good Shape for 2012 Despite Current Woes, Poll Finds

again, I'm glad the media got what they wanted. Polls conducted two years prior to the election always end up telling what will happen.

Poll: Clinton vs. Giuliani in 2008 - CNN

If 2012 was Obama v Romney... I'd be pretty torn about which one to pick. There's obviously a lot that can happen between now and then. Part of it would also depend on who else would be on the (R) ticket. He's got some experience in the public and private sector and governing with the other guys, and isn't a rightwingnut--all pluses imo.

If 2012 was Obama v Romney... I'd be pretty torn about which one to pick. There's obviously a lot that can happen between now and then. Part of it would also depend on who else would be on the (R) ticket. He's got some experience in the public and private sector and governing with the other guys, and isn't a rightwingnut--all pluses imo.

I voted for Romney for governor so it would be an easy choice for me. Plus, given the train wreck that Obama is, I'm happy to take a chance on putting someone else there rather than letting him have the reigns another four years.

Forum List

Back