Obama - Our Constitutional No Knothing - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you had honor, you'd start a new acct NOT use the one that got you into so much trouble :( Do you have enough integrity to do that?

Well,

Here we go again.

Obama says electing him will show the GOP that Americans want us to follow his policies.

If Obama wins, it will be a slight margin. He won last time with 53%. That means that 47% didn't vote for him (and by reasoning voted against him). That is essentially half the country.

That is why we have an electoral college (it is theoretically possible to win the presidency with 35% of the popular vote) and a HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES.

It is also why we have a 10th amendment.

This guy knows nothing or (worse) cares nothing about the Constitution.

The guy in the office next to mine knows more about the Constitution than Obama (and he's from India).

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...epublicans?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

If you read the article...you'll see that Obama blames Bush for 90% of the debt. Obama just could not cut spending at all. He's so powerless. But he needs 4 more years. With a GOP House and a more GOP Senate (likely to be a majority). 4 more years of lame duck and blaming bush.

And still knows nothing about the Constitution.

Unbelievable.

Thought you said you were leaving the board forever if Obama won. He won 332-206. You're still here.

You apparently no nothing about keeping your word.

Unbelievable.

Well,

Here we go again.

Obama says electing him will show the GOP that Americans want us to follow his policies.

If Obama wins, it will be a slight margin. He won last time with 53%. That means that 47% didn't vote for him (and by reasoning voted against him). That is essentially half the country.

That is why we have an electoral college (it is theoretically possible to win the presidency with 35% of the popular vote) and a HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES.

The guy in the office next to mine knows more about the Constitution than Obama (and he's from India).

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...epublicans?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

If you read the article...you'll see that Obama blames Bush for 90% of the debt. Obama just could not cut spending at all. He's so powerless. But he needs 4 more years. With a GOP House and a more GOP Senate (likely to be a majority). 4 more years of lame duck and blaming bush.

Unbelievable.
I have no idea what you are trying to convey. What's a 'no nothing'?

The tenth amendment is a relatively weak amendment that is rarely employed in Sup. Ct. jurisprudence. The level of judicial review of state laws does increase dramatically for several things: A state's law concerning the health, safety or welfare of its citizens. Those are really the only meaningful examples where a state's law gets deference in scrutiny of its contitutionality. B/c the US Constitution is the supreme law of the land.

Can you explain what you mean in your post?

No, he can’t.

He is a willfully ignorant extreme rightist who exhibits contempt for accepted and settled Tenth Amendment jurisprudence dating back to McCulloch, where a unanimous Supreme Court acknowledged the Framers’ original intent that the Federal Constitution and Federal laws are supreme, that the Constitution affords Congress powers both enumerated and implied, and that the states have no authority to ignore or ‘nullify’ Federal laws, or the decisions of Federal courts.

Well,

Here we go again.

Unbelievable.
I have no idea what you are trying to convey. What's a 'no nothing'?

The tenth amendment is a relatively weak amendment that is rarely employed in Sup. Ct. jurisprudence. The level of judicial review of state laws does increase dramatically for several things: A state's law concerning the health, safety or welfare of its citizens. Those are really the only meaningful examples where a state's law gets deference in scrutiny of its contitutionality. B/c the US Constitution is the supreme law of the land.

Can you explain what you mean in your post?

No, he can’t.

He is a willfully ignorant extreme rightist who exhibits contempt for accepted and settled Tenth Amendment jurisprudence dating back to McCulloch, where a unanimous Supreme Court acknowledged the Framers’ original intent that the Federal Constitution and Federal laws are supreme, that the Constitution affords Congress powers both enumerated and implied, and that the states have no authority to ignore or ‘nullify’ Federal laws, or the decisions of Federal courts.

Please back up your statement by showing me where I claimed the 10th gave states the authority to nullify laws.

Well,

Here we go again.

Unbelievable.

I'm sure someone already pointed this out, but if not:

"...our Constitutional no nothing..."

should be "know nothing."

Well,

Here we go again.

Unbelievable.

I'm sure someone already pointed this out, but if not:

"...our Constitutional no nothing..."

should be "know nothing."

I recall doing this at the time and trying to figure out how to edit the thread title. I even sent a note to the mods.....

so yes....Obama is our know-nothing Affirmative Action Failure.

This Shutdown Is Just Democracy At Work | The Federalist

Government on auto-pilot suppresses public opinion. It means Congress gets to tinker around the edges, but has few opportunities to change course. It is a radical change to our democracy, and fortunately not the nation we live in.

The Constitution grants the House of Representatives the power of the purse, and Congress has chosen to impose a statutory debt ceiling on itself. If these are extreme or irresponsible ideas then they should be altered, not simply ignored.

The President lectures Congress that “you don’t get to extract a ransom for doing your job.” This misunderstands our government on every level. Congress’s job is, indeed, to fund the operations of government. But it’s a mistake to view the appropriations process as a rubber stamp on government. Rather, it is a vital part of our nation’s separation of powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back