Obama never stops stumping and pandering

I work,My wife works so no leeching
i surmise they both have to work because their minimum wage jobs advocated by their dear leader...., errr, ahhhhh hummmm ...., DICTATOR ? is not enuff [sic] to live on and save a little for their future.

Many companies did offer flex time. Unfortunately obama regulated those provisions right out of existence. What he wants is for companies to start paying people who don't work.

Companies offer "flex time" that is completely advantageous to them.

You can work overtime for hours, but the company is under no obligation to ever give you those hours back.

They basically just don't pay you and "promise" you can use the hours as offtime, when it's convenient for them to give you those hours.

And basically?

It's never convenient.

Facts actually spoon. Easily obtainable facts.Oh and I live in a red state so I would know.I can see it all around me as well. I wonder out loud why is that corporation getting their taxes cut but the damn library system is being put on furlough days? Well that's because our republican governor gave his cronies a tax break and stole it from the education and library system!
Oh please. How many jobs would be lost to another city or state if those tax breaks were not offered?
Perhaps the library was overstaffed?
How many people are necessary to operate a library?
My home town in NJ closed their library. Some people protested. It just was not self sustaining.
Some residents got together and developed an idea. Combine libraries with neighboring towns and pool the expenses. So that's what they are doing. Fewer people are needed. Instead of paying for utilities in three buildings, there is just one. The towns in my home county in NJ are tiny. Mine is exactly one square mile. At 25 mph it takes two minutes to drive across the entire town. The library is now no more than 3/4's of a mile from anywhere in the two towns. Where's the problem?
I think this red state vs blue state thing your side keeps harping on is all in your minds.
I've seen the stuff written on huffpo and salon. I have to chuckle.

Uh none! Because they ere hiring and doing just fine BEFORE the tax breaks were given to them! Hell in NC Duke Energy's pal the governor a tea party moron,gave them tax breaks and deregulated them and then Duke proceeded to dump coal ash everywhere! Well our local library is a good 10-12 miles from the nearest one in Gainesville its self. Hell the Gainesville library is in desperate need of a upgrade the parking is horrible and is NEVER enough...its just all too small but no money for it since republican governor slashed budget for education and library services. At our local library there are 2 full time and 1 part time librarians...they stay extremely busy.

If the library is so important to you, then why do you live so far from it?
If the library is so important to you then why have you not started a fund raising drive to add the things you say the library needs?
Why must everything come from government?
More importantly, why is it you always look to government to do things for you?
Why are you not getting off your ass and doing it yourself?
WTF are are you talking about Duke Energy? WFT does that company have to do with anything? Duke Energy is a regulated public utility company.

I know where priorities lie and that sure in the hell ain't in giving corporations and the rich tax breaks and then stealing that money from education and library services and help for the poor.

Ever know a poor person that created jobs while collecting food stamps?

There's a reason government isn't supposed to discourage companies from operating in the country with massive tax increases Because it helps create jobs. More jobs means less poor people. It also means more taxes are collected from workers. You can't simply pay the poor and at the same time destroy their chances of getting out if poverty. Guess what happens when the government collects more revenue?

Theres a reason why Republicans discourage job growth. Fewer jobs mean a desperate workforce. A desperate workforce will work for lower pay and give up hard earned benefits.

Republicans need a steady supply of low cost labor

And democrats need union thugs to coerce workers into paying dues so the union thugs can support democrat campaigns.

I know where priorities lie and that sure in the hell ain't in giving corporations and the rich tax breaks and then stealing that money from education and library services and help for the poor.

There's a reason government isn't supposed to discourage companies from operating in the country with massive tax increases Because it helps create jobs. More jobs means less poor people. It also means more taxes are collected from workers. You can't simply pay the poor and at the same time destroy their chances of getting out if poverty. Guess what happens when the government collects more revenue?

Theres a reason why Republicans discourage job growth. Fewer jobs mean a desperate workforce. A desperate workforce will work for lower pay and give up hard earned benefits.

Republicans need a steady supply of low cost labor

Provide examples of GOP members stopping job growth....
And don't respond with that bullshit about government jobs bills.
Government does not create jobs. The private sector does that.
We cannot have 100 million government employees.

Name one president that always pandered and never did anything else?

The last successful act of presidunce obama was being elected. He can successfully campaign so that's what he prefers to do.

He's a puppet, all he does is travel around give hateful speechs that are written for him( he couldn't read Corpsman) frikken right so you know he's never written one of his own speeches..... and golfs every weekend no matter what is going on around him

It's scary to think who is pulling his strings...but they aren't good people as we have seen what they have done with every government agency they have infiltrated

Last edited:

McDonalds and Walmart employ people all over the world and the vast majority are STILL poor and STILL need food stamps and medicaid etc. So nope. That don't work.

Hard to dig through all the ranting and raving of a lunatic crap but do you not want the US to be at the top with other modern nations? Does it mean ANYTHING to you that we are 1 of 4 nations that does not offer paid maternity leave? You are a scumbag republican so I suppose not.
Uh none! Because they ere hiring and doing just fine BEFORE the tax breaks were given to them! Hell in NC Duke Energy's pal the governor a tea party moron,gave them tax breaks and deregulated them and then Duke proceeded to dump coal ash everywhere! Well our local library is a good 10-12 miles from the nearest one in Gainesville its self. Hell the Gainesville library is in desperate need of a upgrade the parking is horrible and is NEVER enough...its just all too small but no money for it since republican governor slashed budget for education and library services. At our local library there are 2 full time and 1 part time librarians...they stay extremely busy.

If the library is so important to you, then why do you live so far from it?
If the library is so important to you then why have you not started a fund raising drive to add the things you say the library needs?
Why must everything come from government?
More importantly, why is it you always look to government to do things for you?
Why are you not getting off your ass and doing it yourself?
WTF are are you talking about Duke Energy? WFT does that company have to do with anything? Duke Energy is a regulated public utility company.

Live so far from it because its where we found a place at (its only 5 or 6 miles)
Why should I or anyone else for that matter do fundraising for the library? You want to know my contribution to my library? TAXES. Maybe the government should try putting them to good use instead of wasting them constantly.
I am talking about Duke Energy and you made my point for me. They WERE a well regulated company. Republican idiot took over and now coal ash gets dumped everywhere because not strict enough regulations. Oh and also since the republican governor gave them a tax break guess who gets to pick that extra taxes up? THE PEOPLE...
Duke is STILL a regulated public utility. That is NC LAW....So stop it.
"Live so far from it because its where we found a place at (its only 5 or 6 miles)"
Then don't complain about the library being too far to go.
"Why should I or anyone else for that matter do fundraising for the library?".....I guess the library in your community isn't all that important to you then....Quite frankly fund raising for things such as parks and other public conveniences goes on all over the country.
We needed to upgrade our baseball field turf. The town told us there was not any money in the budget for that. So we got a whole bunch of people together, sold tickets for car washes, set jars at the retailers around town, enlisted the help of the local nursery....And we did the work ourselves. All the coaches and dads even us players. we all chipped in.....
You have a problem with that, "Mr I pay my taxes"?
Like I said, as a typical lib you sit on your ass bitch and moan looking for government to wipe your nose for you.
"Maybe the government should try putting them to good use instead of wasting them constantly."......Now you're getting it. Instead of demanding government increase taxes at the drop of a hat, demand they spend more wisely.

The money for the library system is already in the state budget. But with a republican in office he gives tax breaks to corporations and millionaires and therefore the money that's lost from revenue has to be taken from somewhere. Since he is a republican he takes it from education and library services. Oh and we also have to help pay for the new Braves stadium also...
Blah blah blah...
So you are still dead set on having government do everything for you. So there's no local funding for YOUR community library? No self help. No effort on your part. Nothing.

Yes, and I believe you 100% that the GA Governor is 'stealing' money from education and libraries and giving it to millionaires and corporations.....
Hysterical....You're hysterical.....

Governor Deal of Georgia proposes to cut state and lottery funds for pre-kindergarten by 5.6 percent. This would require eliminating 4,500 pre-K slots, reducing payments to providers by nearly $230 per child, or a mix of cutting slots and reducing payments. [17]

Georgia ’s Governor Deal proposes cuts to several areas of Medicaid and children's health, including eliminating funding for adult vision, dental, and podiatry services; reducing provider reimbursements to physicians, dentists and pharmacies by 1 percent; and increasing and expanding co-pays. Adult co-pays would increase by about 15 percent for outpatient services and more than 400 percent for inpatient hospital services, while many children’s services would be subject to co-pays for the first time.
Governor Deal in Georgia proposes funding subsidized child care at a level that would reduce the monthly number of children served by as many as 10,000 and create a waiting list of up to 4,000 children.

Georgia’s Governor Deal proposes to eliminate about 14,000 state government positions, most of which are currently vacant, requiring about 200 layoffs.

GOP overreaches with claim on Deal and education | PolitiFact Georgia

Yeppppppp....
Right. The pocketbooks of taxpayers are not bottomless.

And?
What does that have to do with your community's library?

I am just showing you I was right. He cut. Education,healthcare,resources for the poor. Such a swell guy...why not cut other shit? Why attack the poor and those that want to become educated? Because he's a republican its what they do!

Guess what. A budget is a budget.
Cut what? Essential functions of government?
Education is a local issue. Yes, the state does subsidize.

BTW are these 'cuts'? Or just lower amounts of annual increases?
Most government budgets are baseline. Meaning, as long as the departments use up their previous years funding, they are at least funded by that much the next FY.
Some ( non discretionary) have automatic increases built in.
I don;t know what you're whining about. Just because the budget increase is not as large as the previous FY does not mean the world is coming to an end.
Everyone has to make sacrifices. The economy is not expanding. Therefore there is less economic activity. That translates to lower revenues.
Spare me the whining about tax relief. If those incentives did not exist, Georgia would LOSE these firms to other states.
It's a shame you are so in lockstep with your entitlement agenda that you cannot see this.

He can cut other shit. Like not paying ANYTHING for a new Atlanta Braves stadium. Make them pay for it. Education and services for the poor needs to come first and foremost.
I am unaware the funding of the stadium. If the state is paying for it out of taxes from other budgets( doubtful) that is wrong.
More than likely, the funding is coming from tourist taxes, seat taxes, lodging taxes, food and beverage taxes or possibly an increase in the local sales tax.
Government does not take funding of essential services to fund ball parks. It's not legal.
Here we have in this conversation you insisting that the poor are being short changed by a stadium....Yet you've offered up no evidence that this is true.
I just got through explaining to you that most state coffers are strained due to reduced revenues because the economy is slow.
The LAST thing that government should do is increase taxes when economic activity is down. That just chases business away.

Forum List

Back