obama moves toward 1st gun control measure within hrs. after election

From your link...

Exactly how is registering a purchase, "gun control" exactly?

Would you like them to register your blog posts?

And also, how does regitering guns prevent gun crimes?

I registered both of my firearms when I bought them years ago....and I STILL own them. Should I feel controlled?

Registered, or do you have a liscence? Registered means the government has the guns serial # listed right next to your name. Thus, if they feel like taking them from you, all they have to do is go down the list.

Also, hasf having them registered stopped you from comitting a violent crime with them? Does the fact they are registered make you pause before you shoot someone?

Would you like them to register your blog posts?

And also, how does regitering guns prevent gun crimes?

I registered both of my firearms when I bought them years ago....and I STILL own them. Should I feel controlled?

Registered, or do you have a liscence? Registered means the government has the guns serial # listed right next to your name. Thus, if they feel like taking them from you, all they have to do is go down the list.

Also, hasf having them registered stopped you from comitting a violent crime with them? Does the fact they are registered make you pause before you shoot someone?

They are registered, per the law. I don't commit violent crimes and I haven't had to shoot anyone yet. However, if someone enters my home and threatens my family, I will not pause to do so. Whether or not the Government has my registration and what they may do with it after the fact, will be the furthest thing from my mind.

Fortunately, the people's House of Representatives writes our legislation.

Isn't it odd how all of you right wingers forgot this while you have been attempting to blame everything on Obama since he took office in 2009?

Obama is a failed leader and is incapable of bringing people together. In fact, he divides and conquers America like no other.

But America saw that and asked for more of it, so America gets what she deserves this time.

No what America saw was the republicans trying to govern my obstruction, which means they were the ones unwilling compromise.

Fortunately, the people's House of Representatives writes our legislation.

Isn't it odd how all of you right wingers forgot this while you have been attempting to blame everything on Obama since he took office in 2009?

What are they supposed to do when the senate just lets the bills they are sent sit on a desk somewhere?

I know, they are supposed to pass bills to the senate that they already agree with right?

From your link...

“The most recent draft treaty includes export/import controls that would require officials in an importing country to collect information on the ‘end user’ of a firearm, keep the information for 20 years, and provide the information to the country from which the gun was exported. In other words, if you bought a Beretta shotgun, you would be an ‘end user’ and the U.S. government would have to keep a record of you and notify the Italian government about your purchase. That is gun registration. If the U.S. refuses to implement this data collection on law-abiding American gun owners, other nations might be required to ban the export of firearms to the U.S.”

Exactly how is registering a purchase, "gun control" exactly?

What about the 200+ million firearms already in civilian circulation in the U.S.? I'm just one of 80+ million gun owners in the U.S., registration schemes are a gross waste of time and tax dollars, just ask Canada. Personally, I have no intention of registering any of my firearms weather it's a law or not, even if half of all gun owners complied with some unconstitutional registration scheme there's still 40 million or so who wont, I don't think they are going to arrest 40 million people so the point is, the government can try a registration law but it will fail, millions will ignore it, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

I for one will never register my 40 plus rifles and shotguns period. I probably will never buy anymore. I have enough amo to last me 30 years or more as long as I do not do too much target shooting.
We are at the point in this country were the underachevers will try and set policy--wont last but I for one am to old to wait for Prosperity to come back (feel for my grand children)

Do you really think the following group will do anything to help prosperity come back
1. young women who work at retail
2. Blacks who are under educated (Not blaming them here,just the plain truth)
3. Pot heads
4. Entertainers
5.Free sex both men and women,now that being Gay is prefered to being straight whats next in this department (oh hevan forbit)
6. anti God
7. poor Illegals who work for cash and send Millions back to there country
Notice I said there and not our.

Solution to GOP's problem
1. have all illegals recieve instant USA citizenship allowing anyone coming to the USA from South America instant citizen ship-- Just got the Lation Vote.
2. Give refund to all women who paid taxes in the last five year ALL the taxes they paid(evens out with latino's)
3. Give all blacks free college tuition to colleges that futher free enter prize and consertive values.

This is a good start most gonna happen anyway before Prosperity

They are registered, per the law. I don't commit violent crimes and I haven't had to shoot anyone yet. However, if someone enters my home and threatens my family, I will not pause to do so. Whether or not the Government has my registration and what they may do with it after the fact, will be the furthest thing from my mind.

You still havent told me how registration would reduce gun violence.

Why set the precedent AT ALL with the UN or anyone else to have any level of say or influence on our second amendment rights, thus encroaching into our sovereignty?? This move by Obama is just insanely stupid on SO many levels

I have no problem with owning guns. And this was a war won by the right a long time ago, gun control is the Neo Conservative MacGuffin.

They are never going to take yer guns.

However, I do think that all guns should have damn near the same purchasing process as Class III firearms (minus getting personal approval directly from LE).

But, that is just my opinion.

I have no problem with owning guns. And this was a war won by the right a long time ago, gun control is the Neo Conservative MacGuffin.

However, I do think that all guns should have damn near the same purchasing process as Class III firearms (minus getting personal approval directly from LE).

Then you are free to campaign to repeal the 2nd amendment. Until then.... No.

Well, even if that should become a law I and millions will simply refuse to acknowledge it as valid so the government will be helpless to do anything about it. Like you said, it's just your opinion and that's as far as it will go.

You still haven't told me how gun owner registration is "gun control"? Until you do, your failed attempt at a thread remains just that...

You still haven't told me how gun owner registration is "gun control"? Until you do, your failed attempt at a thread remains just that...

Canada just had the good sense to scrap their long gun registration because of it's uselessness and waste of public purse.

Its not my thread, and by deflecting you just admit you dont have a good answer.

The purported purpose of gun control is to reduce gun crime. How does registration accomplish this?

Answer the question, if you can.

Its not my thread, and by deflecting you just admit you dont have a good answer.

The purported purpose of gun control is to reduce gun crime. How does registration accomplish this?

Gun control...could ultimately control gun violence. However, no one, but the right wingers see gun owner registration as an attempt at "gun control". So, until you can get past that, you fail.

"We seek a treaty that contributes to international security by fighting illicit arms trafficking and proliferation, protects the sovereign right of states to conduct legitimate arms trade, and meets the concerns that we have been articulating throughout," the official said.

"We will not accept any treaty that infringes on the constitutional rights of our citizens to bear arms," he said.

U.S. officials have acknowledged privately that the treaty under discussion would have no effect on domestic gun sales and ownership because it would apply only to exports.

The main reason the arms trade talks are taking place at all is that the United States - the world's biggest arms trader accounting for more than 40 percent of global conventional arms transfers

Gun are big business. The Gun lobby wants you to believe that the Administration is going to let the UN take yer guns.......Head for the hills.

Gun control...could ultimately control gun violence. However, no one, but the right wingers see gun owner registration as an attempt at "gun control". So, until you can get past that, you fail.

Then why do it in the first place? What is the purpose of registration?

If its not gun control, and people who own guns on the whole reject it, why do it?

The failure is on your part. Why add a regulation to a constituional right for no reason? Should we ask everyone to register every blog post they make with federal or local authorities?

Forum List

Back