Obama: 'lipstick On A Pig, Still A Pig'

Ninja

Dec 30, 2006
Glorious People's Republic of California
Funny watching the Dems implode:

Amie Parnes reports from Lebanon, VA:

Obama poked fun of McCain and Palin's new "change" mantra.

"You can put lipstick on a pig," he said as the crowd cheered. "It's still a pig."

"You can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called change. It's still gonna stink."

"We've had enough of the same old thing."

The crowd apparently took the "lipstick" line as a reference to Palin, who described the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull in a single word: "lipstick."

Ben Smith's Blog: Obama: 'Lipstick on a pig' - Politico.com

Witty or not, sexist or not - no concern to me.

My only hope is that is has some type of negative effect on his opinion polls. I suspect there will be a backlash, however subtle.

Because the McCain Campaign is getting exactly what they wanted.

Any sort of attack on the McCain campaign and especially Sarah Palin will be considered "wrong, sexist, and or trying to smear her."

Which personally I find to be BS. Especially since you know how the Republicans would of reacted if it were Hillary as the VP or even nominee.

Then again, if Hillary was either of those; you wouldn't be seeing Sarah Palin at the moment.

Obama opened himself up to it and should have known better after last week.

I love watching you panic. Do you really think you can distort reality just by saying something?

oh yeah, right... GWB's CREATED reality. lol... :clap2:

just another way the new right wing psychos are the same as the old right wing psycho. ;)

Yeah, sort of like the lies about Palin and Bush claiming to have directions from God. Complete fallacy, but that doesn't stop people from saying it, does it?

No debating that Obama said that, but he was referring, as was John McCain when he said it, to policies not changing. Obama was stating that McCain's policies will be the same as George Bush's policies, but with different packaging.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - McCain camp says ‘lipstick on a pig’ is trip through the mud - Blogs from CNN.com

. GWB's CREATED reality. lol...

Bush's 1st term featured the worst job creation record since Hoover, and he still won. His 2nd term has barely been better, and the GOP is basically even. Dems are getting so bad at running campaigns, the GOP can just keep putting up idiots who fuck everything up, and still win.

No debating that Obama said that, but he was referring, as was John McCain when he said it, to policies not changing. Obama was stating that McCain's policies will be the same as George Bush's policies, but with different packaging.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - McCain camp says ‘lipstick on a pig’ is trip through the mud - Blogs from CNN.com

It's pretty true. They are working incredibly hard to tie McCain to Bush. Why do they choose to do it by ridiculing the woman ?

[youtube]FPd4yk0x-eg[/youtube]

After watching this, I think it has a chance of being the gaffe we've all been waiting for.

The 2008 version of "I voted for it, before I voted against it."

Let's see if the Republicans play this right.

ETA: Nice lead-in Obammy. "L-l-l-l-l-l-l-let's just." "Ah, ah, ah, ah.." I like the jive-talkin' too - "Tacks pawliceh." LOL

Last edited:
[youtube]FPd4yk0x-eg[/youtube]

After watching this, I think it has a chance of being the gaffe we've all been waiting for.

The 2008 version of "I voted for it, before I voted against it."

Let's see if the Republicans play this right.

I wouldn't recommend him saying that while debating McCain. :lol:

It's pretty true. They are working incredibly hard to tie McCain to Bush. Why do they choose to do it by ridiculing the woman ?

I don't know, but the woman is more like Bush than McCain on the issues I care about.

Actually, it is obvious why they are going after her (aside from the fact that she needs to be covered in the media since we don't know her). It's because McCain bounced with her - so they are going after the 'her' to erase the bounce.

Well, that and everyone and their uncle is telling the campaign to go after her. Except for everyone and their uncle that is saying that she should be left alone.

Open the hood, kick the tires. We got four cars in front of us, hopefully two of them are in working order.

Last edited:
I have to agree with Mike Huckabee on this one, I don't really think that Obama would be dumb enough to reference a remark like that to Palin. I think he was instead talking about policy. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one, I did like what Mike said though. ~you know how you know your out front?, your the one they keep kicking in the pants~ He was saying that about Sarah Palin. I think that his campaign staff though Obama's, should have been aware of how the remark would have been percieved or perhaps they were?

that phrase is as old as dirt.

and IMO Palin opened herself up for the remark. She compared herself to a dog that most families wouldn't let in their homes because they are dangerous and deadly.

Palin and the Cons need to grow a pair and stop being freakin whiners.

Forum List

Back