Obama Job Killing Regulations

Ironic, conservatives expect the OWS folks to clean up after themselves, but not the coal barons.

These 32 plants have had a decade to clean up their plants. Instead, they took the money and thumbed their noses at the people. Comply or close...

For more than 90 years, the coal-fired power plant in Glen Lyn, Va., has been churning out electricity and contributing to local prosperity. Of late, it has generated nearly a quarter of the revenue for the $1 million budget of the town.

Yet when the plant ultimately shuts down to comply with new federal air pollution regulations by the end of 2014, says Town Manager Howard Spencer, so too might the community of 200.

"If the town lost all of that revenue," he says, "we would struggle to even continue to be incorporated."

An Associated Press analysis has found that more than 32 mostly coal-fired power plants in a dozen states will be forced to close because of the new, more stringent regulations. Another 36 plants are at risk of closing.No lights will go dark. But the Environmental Protection Agency has estimated that 14.7 gigawatts — enough power for more than 11 million households — will be retired from the power grid in the 2014-15 period when the rules take effect. One rule curbs air pollution in states downwind from dirty power plants. Another sets first standards for mercury and other toxic pollutants from smokestacks.

The effect is greatest in the Midwest and in coal belt states such as Virginia and West Virginia, where dozens of units are likely to shut down.

Take Giles County, where American Electric Power's Glen Lyn plant is located, and where 44 jobs are on the line.

County Administrator Chris McKlarney worries about the $600,000 tax-revenue hit his $40 million budget will take. But that's just one concern involving a plant and workers whose community contribution is "hard to quantify."

"They've done so much donation-wise for local causes ... And they're really good people working there," he said. "They're coaches in Little League sports, involved in the Parent-Teacher Organization — you lose those kind of people, it's tough."

And they're good jobs — stable, well-paying positions with good benefits in places where such things can be hard to find.

The closures, though, have long been anticipated. The average age of the plants that could be sacrificed is 51 years.

Hope and Change ?

If your "job" is poisoning the air we breath then you best do something else for a living.

Banking in Canada is widely considered the most efficient and safest banking system in the world, ranking as the world's soundest banking system for the past three years according to reports by the World Economic Forum.

..... According to the Department of Finance, two small regional banks failed in the mid-1980s, the only such failures since 1923, which is the year Home Bank failed. There were no bank failures during the Great Depression compared to 9000+ in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banking_in_Canada
Canada has the best banking system in the world because it has been subject to strict government control. The result is that sub-prime mortgages, personal bankruptcies and declining real estate prices have not had the impact in Canada as they have had in the US.

Ironic, conservatives expect the OWS folks to clean up after themselves, but not the coal barons.

These 32 plants have had a decade to clean up their plants. Instead, they took the money and thumbed their noses at the people. Comply or close...

Saying they had 10 years to clean up their plants is like saying Joe Bloe had 10 years to get ready for that drunk driver to hit him, so why didn't he avoid it?

The people are going to pay the cost of eliminating these plants is not the "coal barons." You're hooting about poor people paying more for electricity.

What a jackass!

There are some cons that would sell out their own mothers if it meant a job for them.

Why don't you use your brains and create your own jobs, stop relying on your corporate masters to provide you with a barely above minimum wage existence that you'll do anything to protect including giving up your own tax cuts so that your owners can get a bigger piece of the pie.
Shut up and fix me a grande caramel macchiato, kid.

Make sure you super-size my fries gramps.
I don't cook in my career.

Guess you missed my point. What eeevil KKKorporation do you work for?

If your "job" is poisoning the air we breath then you best do something else for a living.

So you're saying you prefer to shiver in the dark?

Don't you think it's strange that environmentalists are all idiots?

Yup. Saw it and agreed with it and I am sure Obama is very happy about these closings. And yes, it is his EPA doing his bidding. You're absolutely right.

But that still doesn't show us the new regulations Obama passed that are forcing these plants to close. If the EPA is enforcing old regulations, then, well, that's their job! And they're finally doing their job. And that's good. But if that's the case, then people are hating Obama and the EPA for enforcing regulations that Bush should have been enforcing as well. Or maybe even passed.

Too many "conservatives" see something happen and immediately blame Obama without any proof connecting the two. Is it too much to ask for a little proof every now and then?

These are not old regulations. They are new ones that frau obergruppenfuhrer Lisa Jackson created to drive up the price of electricity and thereby make boondoggles like solar and wind power economical.

Hmmmm.....I work in the coal fired power plant industry and I can tell you that you sure as hell wouldn't want to live near one, especially a big one like I work in that spews out tons of mercury. It's so bad that our state health officials are saying that people should not eat the fish in nearby lakes and streams.

http://www.ifishillinois.org/pdf/09consumption.pdf

We are in the process of installing mercury controls that should greatly reduce the levels of mercury that we put out.

It only makes good sense to me.

Maybe you can power your home with Solyndra solar panels.

Oh, wait...

C'mon over and let me fry you up some fish. Oh, wait.....

http://www.ifishillinois.org/pdf/09consumption.pdf
Gosh, I don't see anything in there about the mercury in your fish coming from power plants. Could you C&P that text for me, please?

Kthnxbai.

Shut up and fix me a grande caramel macchiato, kid.

I agree, I wouldn't call dunking fries in a fat of oil as cooking either.

I don't work, I collect unemployment, food stamps and disability payments. I drive around in my lincoln navigator while laughing at fry cooks like you. I earned what I got.

You're right. He should really drive to Hawaii.

:cuckoo:

I heard he thinks he can walk on water....:lol::lol::lol:

You heard wrong. It's "conservatives" that think he can walk on water.

Oh. Was this artist a conservative?

ObamaChrist01.jpg

Are these people conservatives?

"Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus."

-- Politiken (Danish newspaper)

"No one saw him coming, and Christians believe God comes at us from strange angles and places we don't expect, like Jesus being born in a manger."

--Lawrence Carter

"Many even see in Obama a messiah-like figure, a great soul, and some affectionately call him Mahatma Obama."

-- Dinesh Sharma

"We just like to say his name. We are considering taking it as a mantra."

-- Chicago] Sun-Times

"A Lightworker -- An Attuned Being with Powerful Luminosity and High-Vibration Integrity who will actually help usher in a New Way of Being"

-- Mark Morford

"What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history"

-- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."

-- Barack Obama

"Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"

-- Daily Kos

"He communicates God-like energy..."

-- Steve Davis (Charleston, SC)

"Not just an ordinary human being but indeed an Advanced Soul"

-- Commentator @ Chicago Sun Times

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."

-- Halle Berry

"A quantum leap in American consciousness"

-- Deepak Chopra

"He is not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians. . . . the agent of transformation in an age of revolution, as a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century."
-- Gary Hart

"Barack Obama is our collective representation of our purest hopes, our highest visions and our deepest knowings . . . He's our product out of the all-knowing quantum field of intelligence."

-- Eve Konstantine

"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." | "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."

-- Chris Matthews

"[Obama is ] creative imagination which coupled with brilliance equals wisdom . . . [He is] the man for this time."

-- Toni Morrison

"Obama's finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don't even really inspire. They elevate. . . . He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh . . . Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves."

-- Ezra Klein

"Obama has the capacity to summon heroic forces from the spiritual depths of ordinary citizens and to unleash therefrom a symphonic chorus of unique creative acts whose common purpose is to tame the soul and alleviate the great challenges facing mankind."

-- Gerald Campbell

"We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."

-- Oprah Winfrey

“I would characterize the Senate race as being a race where Obama was, let’s say, blessed and highly favored. That’s not routine. There’s something else going on. I think that Obama, his election to the Senate, was divinely ordered. . . . I know that that was God’s plan."

-- Bill Rush​

Saying they had 10 years to clean up their plants is like saying Joe Bloe had 10 years to get ready for that drunk driver to hit him, so why didn't he avoid it?

The people are going to pay the cost of eliminating these plants is not the "coal barons." You're hooting about poor people paying more for electricity.

What a jackass!
Oh, c'mon. It's not like leftists like Bfgrn really give a damn about the poor.

What a jackass!

You are already paying for the pollution every year your health care insurance goes up as the result with the skyrocketing cost of health care. The more pollution the higher your health care costs.

I don't work, I collect unemployment, food stamps and disability payments. I drive around in my lincoln navigator while laughing at fry cooks like you. I earned what I got.
The Army Corps of Engineers doesn't employ fry cooks, barrista boi.

I heard he thinks he can walk on water....:lol::lol::lol:

You heard wrong. It's "conservatives" that think he can walk on water.

Oh. Was this artist a conservative?

ObamaChrist01.jpg

Are these people conservatives?

"Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus."

-- Politiken (Danish newspaper)

"No one saw him coming, and Christians believe God comes at us from strange angles and places we don't expect, like Jesus being born in a manger."

--Lawrence Carter

"Many even see in Obama a messiah-like figure, a great soul, and some affectionately call him Mahatma Obama."

-- Dinesh Sharma

"We just like to say his name. We are considering taking it as a mantra."

-- Chicago] Sun-Times

"A Lightworker -- An Attuned Being with Powerful Luminosity and High-Vibration Integrity who will actually help usher in a New Way of Being"

-- Mark Morford

"What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history"

-- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."

-- Barack Obama

"Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"

-- Daily Kos

"He communicates God-like energy..."

-- Steve Davis (Charleston, SC)

"Not just an ordinary human being but indeed an Advanced Soul"

-- Commentator @ Chicago Sun Times

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."

-- Halle Berry

"A quantum leap in American consciousness"

-- Deepak Chopra

"He is not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians. . . . the agent of transformation in an age of revolution, as a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century."
-- Gary Hart

"Barack Obama is our collective representation of our purest hopes, our highest visions and our deepest knowings . . . He's our product out of the all-knowing quantum field of intelligence."

-- Eve Konstantine

"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." | "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."

-- Chris Matthews

"[Obama is ] creative imagination which coupled with brilliance equals wisdom . . . [He is] the man for this time."

-- Toni Morrison

"Obama's finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don't even really inspire. They elevate. . . . He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh . . . Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves."

-- Ezra Klein

"Obama has the capacity to summon heroic forces from the spiritual depths of ordinary citizens and to unleash therefrom a symphonic chorus of unique creative acts whose common purpose is to tame the soul and alleviate the great challenges facing mankind."

-- Gerald Campbell

"We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."

-- Oprah Winfrey

“I would characterize the Senate race as being a race where Obama was, let’s say, blessed and highly favored. That’s not routine. There’s something else going on. I think that Obama, his election to the Senate, was divinely ordered. . . . I know that that was God’s plan."

-- Bill Rush​

That is so sad. It's frightening how many people were so transported by the illusion of Obama.

The Army Corps of Engineers doesn't employ fry cooks, barrista boi.

So you're saying you're unemployed. Not surprised to be honest.

Forum List

Back