Obama is Cruising!!!

The current RCP numbers, as of today, show Romney with a TINY edge over obama in both the swing states and the national polls.

Not even a tiny edge. Polling has failed us this year and it's all because the Republicans have discovered that you can take any poll and get any answer you want. It used to be a good indicator but not anymore.

It still is a good indicator--state polls. What has failed is that if Republicans don't like a result, they shift the rules.

If the candidate is falling behind in the polls, blame the pollsters.
If the candidate is creating gaffe after gaffe, blame the media.
If the labor numbers are beneficial to the President, accuse the BLS of cooking the books.
If the debate is decided that the President did well, blame the moderator

The polls are fine, Republican supporters are defective.

If you want to be honest you would say the patisans on both sides do this. I've heard it from both the liberal and the conservative voices in our local and national media outlets. Regardless of party if a poll doesn't give the results people want for their canidate they will find a reason for the poll to be invalid.

That being said, current polling, on average from Real Clear Politics, have Romney ahead in the national "popular" vote and a "too close to call" situation for the swing states/electoral college. That is just the overall facts of the averages of all the polls.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwiwEdTZ-7c]Cruisin' - Smokey Robinson - YouTube[/ame]

Not even a tiny edge. Polling has failed us this year and it's all because the Republicans have discovered that you can take any poll and get any answer you want. It used to be a good indicator but not anymore.

It still is a good indicator--state polls. What has failed is that if Republicans don't like a result, they shift the rules.

If the labor numbers are beneficial to the President, accuse the BLS of cooking the books.

Rasmussen hasn't been fine for a long time and this campaign season, Gallup is right up there with them.

Sarah which polling institution was the most accurate for the 2008 election? (the answer is Rasmussen) Analysis: Most Accurate polls from 2008 presidential election | NowPublic News Coverage http://www.politisite.com/2012/10/0...itical-polls-from-2008-presidential-election/
The List: Which presidential polls were most accurate? | Texas on the Potomac | a Chron.com blog

So you can trash Rasmussen all you want but their polling has been proven to be solid.

RCP No Toss Up: Obama 294 Romney 244
Nate: Obama 77.4% Romney 22.6%
In Trade: Obama 64.3 Romney 35.9

6 days left.

Tic, toc.

RCP No Toss Up: Obama 294 Romney 244
Nate: Obama 77.4% Romney 22.6%
In Trade: Obama 64.3 Romney 35.9

6 days left.

Tic, toc.

Three cherry picked left wing polls don't mean much, s0n.

RCP is anything but left wing. Intrade is a betting site. Try again.

Try this, shitbag.
Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows Mitt Romney attracting support from 49% of voters nationwide, while President Obama earns the vote from 47%. One percent (1%) prefers some other candidate, and another two percent (2%) remain undecided. See daily tracking history.

Fifty-one percent (51%) of voters have a favorable opinion of Romney and 48% say the same of Obama.

By a 51% to 45% margin, voters trust Romney more than Obama on the economy.
Those are all the numbers that matter. It comes down to who votes. Romney voters will walk hot coals to vote for Romney and get rid of the idjit in charge. Obama voters will need to be bussed off their couches.

Three cherry picked left wing polls don't mean much, s0n.

Try this, shitbag.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows Mitt Romney attracting support from 49% of voters nationwide, while President Obama earns the vote from 47%. One percent (1%) prefers some other candidate, and another two percent (2%) remain undecided. See daily tracking history.

Fifty-one percent (51%) of voters have a favorable opinion of Romney and 48% say the same of Obama.

Those are all the numbers that matter. It comes down to who votes. Romney voters will walk hot coals to vote for Romney and get rid of the idjit in charge. Obama voters will need to be bussed off their couches.

Hey, it isn't my fault you looked like an idiot in your previous post.

Rasmussen showed Romney with a 4 point lead on Saturday, down to 2 on Monday. The only problem for Romney here is that our election isn't awarded to the winner of the popular vote. We have the electoral college and state polling still looks good for Obama right now. Talk about cherry picking as well, using a single poll.

Try this, shitbag.

Rasmussen showed Romney with a 4 point lead on Saturday, down to 2 on Monday. The only problem for Romney here is that our election isn't awarded to the winner of the popular vote. We have the electoral college and state polling still looks good for Obama right now. Talk about cherry picking as well, using a single poll.
You're projecting, Einstein.
This will be a GOP blow out to rival 1980. Romney's positives are above Obama's. This is something the Left swore could never happen. 2010 should have been a lesson to you clowns.

I think it wont be a blowout. I think Romney does have a slightly better chance than Obama of winning but that is just based on polling over the last few months (basically watching the same company's polling to see how it trends...sure people skew their polls but the same company should skew it the same all the time which will reveal which way things are changing...it looks good for Romney as of yesterday)

Try this, shitbag.

You're projecting, Einstein.
This will be a GOP blow out to rival 1980. Romney's positives are above Obama's. This is something the Left swore could never happen. 2010 should have been a lesson to you clowns.

I'm projecting? You do realize there are only 6 days left in the campaign at this point? Not much is likely to change. Your prediction isn't even based in reality and has zero chance of happening.

I don't think Obama has anything in the bag. I think if the election were held today, I think he would win with around 285-290 EV. I do concede that Romney may end up winning the election but it will be nowhere near 489 EV, not even within 150 EV of that.

I think it wont be a blowout. I think Romney does have a slightly better chance than Obama of winning but that is just based on polling over the last few months (basically watching the same company's polling to see how it trends...sure people skew their polls but the same company should skew it the same all the time which will reveal which way things are changing...it looks good for Romney as of yesterday)
Aye matey, change is in the wind.:clap2:

Talking Points Memo

Polls from Florida in the last week, with Obama's margin

Zogby +1
Quinn +1
CNN -1
PPP +1
Mellman +2
SurveyUSA 0
Ras -2

That's why Romney is running back to Florida to play defense. VA and CO have already moved into the Obama column. The only swing state still with Romney is NC.

Fox News has our President ahead in large swing states.
People cannot relate to 1%er Romney
Romney writing off 47 percent of the vote and alienating more voters every day

Economy slowly getting better.
Car sales up.
Optimism up.

Obama campaign hitting on all cylinders
Romney coughing, sputtering, squabbling in the ranks; circling the drain

Cannot wait for election day!!!

I think the OP's real name is Pollyanna.:D

If you want to be honest you would say the patisans on both sides do this. I've heard it from both the liberal and the conservative voices in our local and national media outlets. Regardless of party if a poll doesn't give the results people want for their canidate they will find a reason for the poll to be invalid.

That being said, current polling, on average from Real Clear Politics, have Romney ahead in the national "popular" vote and a "too close to call" situation for the swing states/electoral college. That is just the overall facts of the averages of all the polls.

Popular vote matters not in the Presidential election.
As for "Too Close to Call"...maybe Florida and Ohio. Two big states, granted but nowhere else of major consequence. NC is Romney's, PA, WI, MI is Obama's. FL and OH...too close but I think the President's chances in OH are much better than Romney's chances in Florida.

One good thing for Romney is that one of the RCP polls cited that has it closer than other polls in Ohio is from Cincy/Hamilton County. Suburban Cincy will likely determine how Ohio goes.

As for "both sides do it", I don't recall many dems complaining about the moderators, the press, the BLS, etc... I did about pollsters with my tongue in cheek but compared to the excuse-a-thon from the right, it barely registers.

I hate to burst your bubble, Candy but the reason Bill Clinton is campaigning in Minn. today and Joe Biden is stumping in Penn. is that both States have slipped from being "locks" for Barack Obama to being very much in play. That isn't Obama "cruising" to victory...that's Obama desperately trying to keep his ship above water as the campaign winds down. Right now this is anyone's race. I still think it's going to go down to undecideds voting their pocketbooks and the economy...which ISN'T a good thing for Barry!

Obama is cruising. I will say that Clinton going to Minnesota was probably just to make sure nothing burned down--its been ignored by both parties pretty much.

Biden going home to Scranton? No.

Gonna be fun on 11/6 (if I don't have to work late).

Think about what you just posted, Candy...you've got an election a week away and battleground States like Ohio, Florida and Colorado are neck & neck, yet the Obama campaign sends Joe Biden to Penn. and arguably their "ace in the hole", Bill Clinton, to Minn. They didn't send them there on a whim. They were sent because those two States have slipped towards Romney. You're right about Clinton going to Minn. to make sure a fire is put out but you need to think about why that would even need to happen if Barack Obama was indeed "cruising".

My personal opinion is that the Obama negative ads are slowly eroding the undecided vote. People are tired of hearing all the nonsense about what a "bad man" Mitt Romney is...they want to hear what the President is going to do differently to fix the economy than what he tried in his first term and they aren't getting any answers on that topic.

Exactly. Romney is the new Obama c.2008. He has ideas. He has momentum. Obama looks like he's blown his wad and is out of ideas going forward.

Forum List

Back