Obama in Iowa; Again

Why is he campaigning right now at all?
In all other elections, if one of the parties were having their convention, the other party ceased campaigning during that time. I know this is an "unwritten" rule, but it's what's always happened. I guess you'd call it a Courtesy. But then again, Obama doesn't care about that stuff.....

Shows that he knows he's on the losing end at this point in time. Desperation.

I would think that too but if he was really trying to "make up ground", you would want to campaign in larger states; would you not? I mean, VA and NC have like what; twice the number of EV's? Why campaign in Iowa unless you were confident as all get out that you were going to win and are now just padding the score?

I think it's a good sign that he's in Iowa--AGAIN--so soon after his last visit; if you want him re-elected that is. :tongue:

Well, Okay, the average has Obama up by 2. One poll from Foster McCollum has Romney up by 4 but every other poll in August shows the President ahead. In fact, only one other poll in addition to Foster McCollum since July shows Romney with any sort of lead and that was 1%.

If this is the best you can do; it's pretty pathetic.

Spoken like a true "head up the ass" zealot who just got behind a 35 day old poll.

You really are in lala land.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I didn't expect any other answer....Obama's never played by the rules, he's an arrogant ass-hole and so are you.

Boo Hoo #2 :eusa_boohoo:

Have fun watching the President win. How do you plan on celebrating?

We will be celebrating Romney's defeat of Mr. Dope and Shame. He'll be headed back to Chicago with Valerie "slum lord" Jarrett in tow to figure out how to spin not being the worst president in recent history.

In the meantime, Jimmy Carter will bless him for the rest of his life....we don't talk about what a suck job Jimmy was anymore....because there is a bigger one in the White House right now.

I would suggest you and your liberal friends put yourselves on some kind of suicide watch. Your gonna need a lot of counseling once this is over.

Well, Okay, the average has Obama up by 2. One poll from Foster McCollum has Romney up by 4 but every other poll in August shows the President ahead. In fact, only one other poll in addition to Foster McCollum since July shows Romney with any sort of lead and that was 1%.

Spoken like a true "head up the ass" zealot who just got behind a 35 day old poll.

You're the one citing a poll that has your candidate down by 2.

I cited Rasmussen because it's the only poll you guys usually believe. Glad to see them being tossed under the old Greyound when it suits your purpose though.

Last edited:

You're the one citing a poll that hos your candidate down by 2.

I cited Rasmussen because it's the only poll you guys usually believe. Glad to see them being tossed under the old Greyound when it suits your purpose though.

It was 35 days old you dickweed. That is light years in an election. Are you really that stupid ?

RealClear has him down by 2 on average which makes it a statistical tie. Some polls have Romney up and some have him down.

I believe changing the meaning of a post in a quote is against forum rules. That's how you bastards operate.

Last edited:
I see where the President is again in Iowa.

Obama hits the college circuit in Iowa, Colo. - News from USA TODAY

He must be really confident to be going after the State with 6 electoral votes. One would think he'd be in the more electorally rich states.

This is a good sign; both his spending time in Iowa and speaking of an increase in college aid and Pell Grants. Speaks to the demographics that support him and are great for the future of the country.

Iowa could be a key state. There are a number of combinations that get Obama over the top even if he loses Ohio or Florida. If he can take Iowa and steal Colorado, that gives him 15 electoral votes, just three shy of Ohio. I think you will see both candidates a lot in all of the swing states.

In all other elections, if one of the parties were having their convention, the other party ceased campaigning during that time. I know this is an "unwritten" rule, but it's what's always happened. I guess you'd call it a Courtesy. But then again, Obama doesn't care about that stuff.....

It's time for Obama to take the gloves off.

I'm in Iowa and I don't see many of the Obama/Biden signs this time around. There were lots of them in 08, but looks like a different landscape this year. Must be why he keeps coming back here trying to win us over. Only accomplishment here is causing traffic jams when he travels around. His visits are just an inconvenience for all who live here and I don't think many will change their minds at this point.

Odd considering he now trails nationally and is now tied in Michigan. Even Iowa is up for grabs. Not good news for O.

Heading into the Republican Convention, Romney is likely to get a small bump, but will it last, and will it be enough to hold off Obama's bump after the Democratic Convention? I expect Romney will take about a three point lead after the Convention, but it won't be enough as Obama will move to a five point lead shortly after the Democratic Convention.

Are you talking about the ones he borrowed from OJ? :confused:

And do what ?

Talk about the economy (i.e. keep blaming Booosh) ?

I see where the President is again in Iowa.

Obama hits the college circuit in Iowa, Colo. - News from USA TODAY

He must be really confident to be going after the State with 6 electoral votes. One would think he'd be in the more electorally rich states.

This is a good sign; both his spending time in Iowa and speaking of an increase in college aid and Pell Grants. Speaks to the demographics that support him and are great for the future of the country.

Iowa could be a key state. There are a number of combinations that get Obama over the top even if he loses Ohio or Florida. If he can take Iowa and steal Colorado, that gives him 15 electoral votes, just three shy of Ohio. I think you will see both candidates a lot in all of the swing states.

Perhaps.

I expected him to basically camp out in Virginia; 13 Electoral votes; his literal back yard; heavy DC influence in the surrounding counties; state he won in 2008 like Iowa.

I think with his ego he's going for the killshot. Iowa will be a good victory for him. Missouri may be the ultimate prize.

You're the one citing a poll that hos your candidate down by 2.

It was 35 days old you dickweed. That is light years in an election. Are you really that stupid ?

RealClear has him down by 2 on average which makes it a statistical tie. Some polls have Romney up and some have him down.

I believe changing the meaning of a post in a quote is against forum rules. That's how you bastards operate.

No it has him down by 2 on average; that's not a tie. And it's an average...some polls have the Governor down by much more than two.

Thirty five days is light years in an election; you're right. I just brought it up because it was Rasmussen and has more pull with the Fox News crowd; thats all.

Ah yes, going to colleges offering more handouts

nothing like buying a Presidency WITH YOUR MONEY

Forum List

Back