Obama in happy fairyland

Discussion in 'Politics' started by teapartysamurai, Apr 19, 2010.

1. teapartysamurai

teapartysamurai Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,894
    more here:

STEYN: Obama in happy fairyland - Washington Times

Obama reminds me of my (now twenty year old daughter) when she was three watching Doctor Who on PBS (long since gone from PBS might I add).

She turned to me and said, "next time I'm going to tell Doctor Who to be nice to the Daleks!" She said brightly.

"Because then the Daleks will be nice to the Doctor?" I asked?

She smiled and nodded happily.

I didn't try to change her mind on that. Fantasy provides a buffer for children which protects them from the harsh realities of a sadly nastier world.

A three year has an excuse in believing everything will be okay if you are just "nice to everyone."

A president does not.

When a three year old has such a fantasy view on life, it's called simplicity.

When a 45+ year old man has such a world view, it's called hubris, and delusions of grandeur borne of arrogance.

Everyone will just stand in awe of Obama's dazzling smile, and telepropter driven speeches.

How could anyone disagree with such a "nice" man who has all the "answers?"

And when anyone points out the reality like the tea party, then simply smear them as hate mongers and war mongers, because NO ONE with any intelligence could disagree with the "annointed one."

This president is Jimmy Carter on steroids, and his foreign policy is heading to be far more disastrous.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

2. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,064
    Pat Buchanan, extreme right wing conservative has said that with 8 thousand centrifuges, Iran hasn't been able enrich uranium to 20%, which is "hospital" grade. To make an atomic weapon, you need to enrich it to 95%.

He pointed out the religious aren't usually very good at science.

Are you "religious"?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. teapartysamurai

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,894
    Pat Buchanan does not speak for a LOT of conservatives who consider him nothing more than an anti-semitic kook. He left the Republican party because the GOP would not follow him in his anti-semitism and the GOP was right not to follow him.

So, bringing up Pat Buchanan was merely an attempt to deflect and distract.

He has nothing to do with the misquided policies of President Obama, which you obviously don't want to discuss.

Gee I wonder why.

:lol::lol::lol:

4. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,064
    You mean the "misquoted" policies of President Obama. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

5. Thinman

Thinman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Mark Steyn is right on the mark. Obama's policy toward Iran seems to be, ignore it and maybe it will go away. We ignore Iran at our own peril.

6. teapartysamurai

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,894
    See what I mean about happy fairy land, people? It's shared by his happy fairy land followers as well.

:lol::lol::lol:

7. teapartysamurai

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,894
    Unfortunately, it draws a perilous parallel with the US and Europe in the 1930s.

There were a lot of people that thought if they ignored or appeased Germany the would go quietly away.

There were plenty of warning signs, but they ignored them, because they didn't want to leave their comfort zones.

It's sad to think we can have such lessons from history and yet repeat the same mistakes all over again.

8. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,620
    During 7+ Years of the last President and now this President, there's a story on Yahoo! News just about every-other day regarding Iran. This has been going on for years and years, and I'm thinking that OP-Ed's without the full knowledge and intel on the situation really don't mean much if you want to be realistic about it. They lack inside information, and so basically their opinion is uninformed for the most part.

Further, and I'm just guessing you know, like these OP-Eds do, I'd venture to assume that Israel has a pretty close eye on the situation and will let the world know when to "really" be alarmed.