"Obama in good standing as Ramadan begins"

We should all be glad that Obama has reached out to parts of the Islamic world.

Dialogue and mutual understanding can go along way toward healing the past administrations blunders.

Completely agree Sunni Man. Obama's programme of repairing relationships with the Muslim world is excellent international relations policy. It's common sense really but it takes guts to pursue it when the opposition is so reliant on demonising Islam, Muslims and countries that are majority Islamic. We'll probably see the evidence of how the reactionaries demonise Islam, Muslims and countries that are majority Islamc very shortly.

Really? You two sure do SOUND like you know what you're talking about... but do you? ... :eusa_eh:

Fewer Iranians favorable to U.S. under Obama than under Bush: So much for apologies and pretty words

June 11, 2009, 5:58 pm · 5 comments

Look how the Associated Press reported the results of a poll conducted by Terror Free Tomorrow, a bipartisan group that tries to undermine support for terrorism, and for the New America Foundation, a nonpartisan public policy institute.

Few Iranians have favorable opinions of the United States, a view that has changed little since the election of an American president who has expressed a willingness to talk to Tehran, a rare poll of Iranian citizens showed Monday.

Got that? Iranians hate us just as much as they always have. Except for one thing – when you actually read the results of the poll, it turns out they hate us more now than they used to.

Just 29 percent of Iranians said they have favorable views of the United States in the latest poll, which was conducted last month. In a similar survey in February 2008 — nearly a year before Barack Obama became president — 34 percent had positive opinions about the U.S.

Our interpretation of those numbers is different than AP’s. They say Iranian opinion “has changed little.” But from our jaundiced point of view, the number of Iranians who hate us increased 17% over when George Bush was president.

How is that possible? Where has the sweetness and light gone? What about all those beautiful words The One has spoken? What about all those lovely apologies he’s given?

Fewer Iranians favorable to U.S. under Obama than under Bush: So much for apologies and pretty words | I Hate the Media - Fun with Liberal Media Bias

3844284330_57e1490a5c_o.jpg

How about everyone waits to see if the policy position Obama has taken begins to work. I know the reactionary right wants him to fail simply because of their own ideology but let's wait a while.

How about if you can't see by now that obama's foreign relations escapades are steeped in inexperience and lack of understand of the world stage then you're kidding yourself. That much is already apparent.

So freeing twenty million or so Muslims from the hands of a murderous loon isn't good public relations?

Dialogue and mutual understanding can go along way toward healing the past administrations blunders.

When we get Attacked again, I want you to say something other than, "Boooooooooosh"...

It's on Barry now.

He Mended it with the Islamists and we should be Fine now, Right?...

Noted.

:)

peace...

When? You sound like you want it to happen

I think Scott Paper Company should name a selection of their finest toilet paper after Obama. Seems fitting to me.:lol:

When we get Attacked again, I want you to say something other than, "Boooooooooosh"...

It's on Barry now.

Noted.

peace...

When it Happens, be Sure to Blame it on your Ignorant Belief that I Wanted it to Happed....

I will End up @ Gitmo!

)

peace...

It's on Barry now.

Noted.

peace...

When it Happens, be Sure to Blame it on your Ignorant Belief that I Wanted it to Happed....

I will End up @ Gitmo!

)

peace...

Damm ................How much Gin did you drink ? Tha makes no sense even for you

Can I say Peace here or will you go crying to the Mods ?
Lets give it a try ............... :doubt: peace

Last edited:

I will End up @ Gitmo!

)

peace...

Damm ................How much Gin did you drink ? Tha makes no sense even for you

We are not at Hannity and I don't Drynk Gin...

peace...

I will End up @ Gitmo!

)

peace...

We are not at Hannity and I don't Drynk Gin...

peace...

I know where we are .It doesnt mean youre not a dumbass

Obama in good standing as Ramadan begins

Egyptian fruit sellers name best dates in tribute to U.S. president

updated 1:48 p.m. MT, Fri., Aug 21, 2009

CAIRO - For the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, Egyptian fruit sellers have named their best dates of the year after President Barack Obama in a sweet tribute to the American leader for his outreach to the Muslim world.

Dates are a traditional food for Ramadan — which begins Saturday in most of the Islamic world — since the Prophet Muhammad is said to have used them to break the month's sunrise-to-sunset fast each evening.

During the lunar month of Ramadan, observant Muslims refrain from eating, drinking, smoking and sex from sunrise to sunset. It is believed that God began revealing the Quran to Muhammad during Ramadan, and the faithful are supposed to spend the month in religious reflection, prayer and remembrance of the poor.

---

Well is that just Special...

peace...

Why is this political bullshit in the General section? Fucking dweeb ... do you not get that most of us that post here do so to avoid the likes of YOU?:eusa_eh:

CAIRO - For the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, Egyptian fruit sellers have named their best dates of the year after President Barack Obama in a sweet tribute to the American leader for his outreach to the Muslim world.

Dates are a traditional food for Ramadan — which begins Saturday in most of the Islamic world — since the Prophet Muhammad is said to have used them to break the month's sunrise-to-sunset fast each evening.

During the lunar month of Ramadan, observant Muslims refrain from eating, drinking, smoking and sex from sunrise to sunset. It is believed that God began revealing the Quran to Muhammad during Ramadan, and the faithful are supposed to spend the month in religious reflection, prayer and remembrance of the poor.

---

peace...

Why is this political bullshit in the General section? Fucking dweeb ... do you not get that most of us that post here do so to avoid the likes of YOU?:eusa_eh:

I would venture to say that I Posted it in Politics originally and one of your Mods Moved it...

I Rarely Post in here to Avoid you... ;)

What's up your Ass, Gunny?...

peace...

---

peace...

I would venture to say that I Posted it in Politics originally and one of your Mods Moved it...

peace...

You asked, now he has to tell?

peace...

You asked, now he has to tell?

I venture to say it's a Bumper from '53 Buick...

peace...

---

peace...

peace...

Blaming others for his own mistakes................ Typical

peace...

Blaming others for his own mistakes................ Typical

The Mods/Gunny are Making Mischief with Moving my Threads around...

It's Cute.

A Political one was in some Goofy Section yesterday...

peace...

I wish the president felt the need to explain Christian traditions in as much detail as he feels to explain muslim traditions.
He does seem to favor that religion over all others.

Forum List

Back