Obama hires DEAF receptionist. Then hires INTERPRETER for her!!! Typical liberal waste!!!

Today's outrage thread.

Is the Obama administration the first administration to hire a handicapped person who needs some assistance?

I don't have a problem with this at all. All Americans deserve opportunity.

Evidently the thought of the government hiring two people to do one job does not even enter into the thought process of some.

It is in no way even a part of the issue. It doesn't even exist to them.

How can that be? Because partisan ideology distorts perception.

Can you uh, show us where anybody says an interpreter was "hired" for this purpose?

I see stories noting variously "an interpreter is provided" or she "has access to an interpreter". Where are you getting the idea that such person was hired separately for this sole purpose?

-- from the OP's rant?

You're taking the word of ShitSpitters as a news source? Seriously? :disbelief:
Yes.

I clicked on the link and watched the story. Her interpreter answers the phone for her in addition to interpreting.

So my point stands. Did you watch the story?

When the thread was first posted, yes. The page won't load today. And a couple of other sources including Fox Noise.

None of them claimed this interpreter was hired for the occasion. They just said one is available to her. The only entity that claimed a second person was hired as an aide to the first was the OP. And that would be ShitSpitters, the professional bigot spigot. The same guy who declared the teenage girl who got shot in the face and killed to be a "slut". He never backed that up either.

And I'm repeating what I just said in the last post so I assume your answer is "no".

Can you uh, show us where anybody says an interpreter was "hired" for this purpose?

I see stories noting variously "an interpreter is provided" or she "has access to an interpreter". Where are you getting the idea that such person was hired separately for this sole purpose?

Hey einstein? Are you claiming this interpreter is working for free? When you make preposterous claims like that, the burden of proof is on you. Let's see it.

Hey einstein? Are you claiming this interpreter is working for free? When you make preposterous claims like that, the burden of proof is on you. Let's see it.

pfft -- the claim is yours. Post 11. What's your source?

Don't forget the toilet paper.
And while you're in there you also described her as "needing special treatment" and "incompetent". You can source those too.

After you've done that we'll get back to Reneisha McBride and why she's a "slut".

So the taxpayers pay two people to do the work of one!!!

New White House receptionist is a West Wing pioneer Deaf people can do anything - News - TODAY.com

march 27 2015
Anyone wanting to speak to the president must stop by her desk first. Leah Katz-Hernandez, 27, is the new White House receptionist.

She is also deaf.

“It’s a fantastic opportunity and also to show that deaf people can do anything,” she said through an interpreter, who is provided for her at work.
We are blessed that we don't have to actually hear you make an ass of yourself....

That's the first thing that popped into my head when I heard they hired an interpreter for her. So since she works for POTUS she is known as ROTUS and her hired interpreter is now known as IOTUS. 2 people to do 1 job. That's just not right. It's great that they hired a handicapped person and am sure she has accomplished a lot in her short life, but really idiotic to hire a second person to do her job. I don't fault her at all. They said she answers directly to POTUS so the buck stops right at his desk.

Now tell me they don't have technology out there that can use artificial voice. Stephen Hawking has it.

I also love the way they just glossed over hiring the interpreter.

Dumb...Dumb...Dumb...

So the taxpayers pay two people to do the work of one!!!

New White House receptionist is a West Wing pioneer Deaf people can do anything - News - TODAY.com

march 27 2015
Anyone wanting to speak to the president must stop by her desk first. Leah Katz-Hernandez, 27, is the new White House receptionist.

She is also deaf.

“It’s a fantastic opportunity and also to show that deaf people can do anything,” she said through an interpreter, who is provided for her at work.

She can't hear any of the shit that Obozo is saying around. Or Jelly Bean Biden.

This is just stupid beyond words. Hiring a deaf-mute to be a receptionist of all things!!

You're saying the deaf can't receive? Howzat work?

If she can do the job then why hire the interpreter.? THINK
Because she's deaf. She needs to be able to communicate with non-deaf people in order to do her job. Since most people don't know sign language, an interpreter is necessary.

You. Are. An. Idiot.
Might want to stop looking in the mirror every time you say that. But you are funny when you're high.

That's the first thing that popped into my head when I heard they hired an interpreter for her. So since she works for POTUS she is known as ROTUS and her hired interpreter is now known as IOTUS. 2 people to do 1 job. That's just not right. It's great that they hired a handicapped person and am sure she has accomplished a lot in her short life, but really idiotic to hire a second person to do her job. I don't fault her at all. They said she answers directly to POTUS so the buck stops right at his desk.

Now tell me they don't have technology out there that can use artificial voice. Stephen Hawking has it.

I also love the way they just glossed over hiring the interpreter.

Dumb...Dumb...Dumb...

Hey there Metazip, welcome to USMB.

With that out of the way -- you are a fucking idiot.

Stephen Hawking is not deaf -- he has ALS, a neurological disease.
And your link to "hiring the interpreter" -- is where?

If you're gonna walk in unarmed may I suggest the Gardening forum.

This is just stupid beyond words. Hiring a deaf-mute to be a receptionist of all things!!

Because she's deaf. She needs to be able to communicate with non-deaf people in order to do her job. Since most people don't know sign language, an interpreter is necessary.

You. Are. An. Idiot.
Might want to stop looking in the mirror every time you say that. But you are funny when you're high.

You've been on this site less than an hour ---- and you know him?
Tell us more...

You. Are. An. Idiot.
Oh huhuhu derp
I know you are but what am I?

You. Are. An. Idiot.

You've been on this site less than an hour ---- and you know him?
Tell us more...
Sock alert

Stephen Hawking is not deaf -- he has ALS, a neurological disease.

Hey einstein. You saying hawking would make a good receptionist?

Bit overqualified, doncha think?

The Sockpup schlepped in Stephen Hawking, apparently too mentally handicrapped to know the difference between ALS and deafness.

Forum List

Back