Obama heckled on AIDS, gay rights at fundraiser

Spoonman

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2010
NEW YORK – President Barack Obama got heckled at a fundraiser Wednesday night by protesters :clap2: pushing for more funding for AIDS programs and quicker action to allow gays to serve openly in the military.

Activists yelled slogans and held signs aloft reading "Obama broken promises KILL." Supporters of the president tried to drown them out with shouts of "O-bam-a! O-bam-a!"

The hecklers were so raucous Obama went off-script several times to address them, insisting he's increased AIDS funding and is working to overturn the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy. He told them to go shout at Republicans, noting that a vote on repealing "don't ask, don't tell" failed this week in the Senate, with Republicans united in opposition.

"Some of those signs should be going up at the other folks' events, and folks should be hollering at the other folks' event. Because the choice in November could not be clearer," the president said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100922/ap_on_re_us/us_obama_hecklers

Copyright Guidelines:
Copyright infringement is illegal. USmessageboard.com will enforce the law. Never post an article in its entirety. When posting copyrighted material, please use small sections or link to the article. When posting copyrighted material you MUST give credit to the author in your post. You are responsible for including links/credit, regardless of how you originally came across the material.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/announcements-and-feedback/47455-usmb-rules-and-regulations.html

Last edited by a moderator:
another sock puppet? Oh my. Watch out Gunny doesn't figure out who you are. You could get banned --- again.

Dante - Circumsizing thinskins with his mouth :lol: The boards oral Mohel :lol:

One of the best possible keynote speakers for your cause and some lunatic fringe is going to heckle him. I don't know as any other sitting President has spoken for this fund raiser. So, heckling would be a very significant event.

I've never enjoyed watching a president fail so effortlessly until Obama. He's not only alienated his own race, but most of the democratic party. Well done indeed.

I've never enjoyed watching a president fail so effortlessly until Obama. He's not only alienated his own race, but most of the democratic party. Well done indeed.

The man had a golden opportunity. A despised administration before him. He had public support, a super majority in congress. Momentum. People wanted the change he spoke about and he blew it. He totally blew it.

Yawn, wake me up when they start throwing shoes at him.

:eusa_whistle:

$throwingshoes.jpg

Heads up..

I can see the frustration from the gay rights folks. Support for changing don't ask, don't tell has been repeated by Obama on numerous ocassions. I think Reid miscalculated on this one, not Obama. Still the poo ends up on Obama's shoes, so to speak.

Obama did not stop the federal defense of DOMA.

He has not delivered on promises to repeal DADT.

He has not supported gay marriage and in fact has spoken out against it.

I'd say he's broken faith with the GLBT community. Telling them that Republicans would have been worse ain't exactly what he promised, and it's weak.

Very weak.

NEW YORK – President Barack Obama got heckled at a fundraiser Wednesday night by protesters :clap2: pushing for more funding for AIDS programs and quicker action to allow gays to serve openly in the military.

Activists yelled slogans and held signs aloft reading "Obama broken promises KILL." Supporters of the president tried to drown them out with shouts of "O-bam-a! O-bam-a!"

The hecklers were so raucous Obama went off-script several times to address them, insisting he's increased AIDS funding and is working to overturn the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy. He told them to go shout at Republicans, noting that a vote on repealing "don't ask, don't tell" failed this week in the Senate, with Republicans united in opposition.

"Some of those signs should be going up at the other folks' events, and folks should be hollering at the other folks' event. Because the choice in November could not be clearer," the president said.

Obama heckled on AIDS, gay rights at fundraiser - Yahoo! News

Copyright Guidelines:
Copyright infringement is illegal. USmessageboard.com will enforce the law. Never post an article in its entirety. When posting copyrighted material, please use small sections or link to the article. When posting copyrighted material you MUST give credit to the author in your post. You are responsible for including links/credit, regardless of how you originally came across the material.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/announcements-and-feedback/47455-usmb-rules-and-regulations.html

Spoonman

I'm glad to see you supporting the travails of gays and AIDS victims. Good thing they have the right wing conservatives on their side

I don't remember Bush getting booed on AIDs. He gave over 20 billion to fight it in Africa..............

Obama heckled on AIDS, gay rights at fundraiser - Yahoo! News

Copyright Guidelines:

Racists!

Forum List

Back