Obama heckled on AIDS, gay rights at fundraiser

Whether Spoonman is gloating or concerned, it is certainly worth discussing that Obama seems more and more alienated from members of his core constituency, rightwinger.

I think that right now Obama does not want to expend political capital on gay issues. He has always been a lukewarm supporter of gay marriage and is willing to wait on DADT. I can see why gays are frustrated.

The good news is that both DADT and Gay Marriage are a done deal. It is only a matter of time before we will wonder what the fuss was all about.

Whether Spoonman is gloating or concerned, it is certainly worth discussing that Obama seems more and more alienated from members of his core constituency, rightwinger.

Your so right.

He's alienating lots of folks who voted for him and believed in him.

His lefty agenda was more important to him than fixing the economy, jobs, or anything else.

He had droves of folks who flocked to vote for him expecting him to clean up DC and change the way DC works.

OOPS. That wasn't what he meant at all by his change for America.

Trouble is he forgot, or mayby he thought his charisma could change things, that America is a Center Right country.

He is now finding out that the majority of the folks in this country are not for his agenda and probably never will be.

AS for campaign promises?? Well they are easier to give than they are to fullfill.

Its also way easier to run for Prez than it is to be the Prez.

Welcome to the real world Barry. Its a far cry from Community Organizer and Law Professor. LOL

I don't remember Bush getting booed on AIDs. He gave over 20 billion to fight it in Africa..............

One of the few things that Bush got right and received very little credit for. He probably saved the lives of millions of people in Africa.

Too bad this was something his own constituency did not support

Fine. If Obama over-promised and then had to back off, I'm a realist and could live with that...not easily, but I could. What grinds my gears is he still seems to expect the same loving adoration, even though many of the campaign promises he made, and I voted for him based upon, he's felt free to drop as inconvenient.

The man does not accept criticism, period.

Fine. If Obama over-promised and then had to back off, I'm a realist and could live with that...not easily, but I could. What grinds my gears is he still seems to expect the same loving adoration, even though many of the campaign promises he made, and I voted for him based upon, he's felt free to drop as inconvenient.

I find it hard to believe that someone of your age would be dumb enough to vote for anyone based on a bunch of meaningless campaign promises.

Obama detractors have been far more accurate in measuring his abilities and motives than those that voted for him.

Well, he is black CG. That didn't hurt any. It was a moment of joy for me to cast a ballot for POTUS for a black guy.

But it would have been nice if he'd been able to deliver more of what he promised.

I find it hard to believe that someone of your age would be dumb enough to vote for anyone based on a bunch of meaningless campaign promises.

person attacks, you can't even stay on topic with the issues, I can't believe you're stupid enough to even make a post in this thread.

Truth is that virtually all politicians are dishonest or untruthful about something or they would never get elected in the first place, we are hardly going to get a virtuous person elected President let alone one that does exactly what he/she said they would do.

The most thorny issue I find between recent Presidents is the Armenian Genocide issue, all the Presidents after Reagan have seemed to back down in supporting human rights issues especially on issues like the Armenian Genocide. Both Obama and Bush said it happened only to renege later and adopt the Turkish government civil war story or minor genocide 'a few 100 thousand' as Obama said in Turkey.

If they are just going to back down why cant they be honest to everyone from the beginning and not steal the votes of minority groups that they will just renege the promises of after they are elected and in office, its perjury really...like saying you are going to build a road, and later appropriating the money to build a golf course. :eusa_eh:

Well, he is black CG. That didn't hurt any. It was a moment of joy for me to cast a ballot for POTUS for a black guy.

But it would have been nice if he'd been able to deliver more of what he promised.

How many politicians actually deliver most of what they promise? If the Senate isn't working with him what do you expect? people have too many unreal expectations, if he made a serious push to make a promise happen and it didn't happen you can't hold it against him, but if he was full of inaction thats another story.

How many politicians actually deliver most of what they promise? If the Senate isn't working with him what do you expect? people have too many unreal expectations, if he made a serious push to make a promise happen and it didn't happen you can't hold it against him, but if he was full of inaction thats another story.

The AG's Office under Obama continued its litigation in support of DOMA uninterrupted after Obama took office. Many of these issues could have been cured with the stroke of a pen.

Face it, he's been a disappointment to GLBT people, and to many others.

person attacks, you can't even stay on topic with the issues, I can't believe you're stupid enough to even make a post in this thread.

I can't believe you're smart enough to breathe.

Hopefull Obama will get reflective soon and set a new course for the balance of his term. The elections offer a great opportunity to do just that. On ocassion other Presidents have been able to adjust at midterms.

The AG's Office under Obama continued its litigation in support of DOMA uninterrupted after Obama took office. Many of these issues could have been cured with the stroke of a pen.

I personally support DADT because one doesn't hve to be openly gay to be in the military for one and for two I don't want any disruptions, and for three for the Army to allow gay people to openly serve is the same as forcing soldiers to accept the homosexual view that homosexuality is ok. Accepting DADT is the same as accepting homosexuality.

As I have said before.... The only good thing about Obama is his race. Now, blacks have to accept success or failure as equals. No more hiding behind the 'we can't succeed in this country' excuse.

I personally support DADT because one doesn't hve to be openly gay to be in the military for one and for two I don't want any disruptions, and for three for the Army to allow gay people to openly serve is the same as forcing soldiers to accept the homosexual view that homosexuality is ok. Accepting DADT is the same as accepting homosexuality.

Your colleagues disagree with you.... according to the recent survey among the military.

Forum List

Back