Obama heckled on AIDS, gay rights at fundraiser

The AG's Office under Obama continued its litigation in support of DOMA uninterrupted after Obama took office. Many of these issues could have been cured with the stroke of a pen.

Face it, he's been a disappointment to GLBT people, and to many others.

I personally support DADT because one doesn't hve to be openly gay to be in the military for one and for two I don't want any disruptions, and for three for the Army to allow gay people to openly serve is the same as forcing soldiers to accept the homosexual view that homosexuality is ok. Accepting DADT is the same as accepting homosexuality.

Your colleagues disagree with you.... according to the recent survey among the military.

I work hand in hand with the soldiers and I know that most soldiers don't support DADT.

How many politicians actually deliver most of what they promise? If the Senate isn't working with him what do you expect? people have too many unreal expectations, if he made a serious push to make a promise happen and it didn't happen you can't hold it against him, but if he was full of inaction thats another story.

The AG's Office under Obama continued its litigation in support of DOMA uninterrupted after Obama took office. Many of these issues could have been cured with the stroke of a pen.

I personally support DADT because one doesn't hve to be openly gay to be in the military for one and for two I don't want any disruptions, and for three for the Army to allow gay people to openly serve is the same as forcing soldiers to accept the homosexual view that homosexuality is ok. Accepting DADT is the same as accepting homosexuality.

Did I say I gave a fuck whether YOU are homophobic? No. The discussion is whether Obama delivered on his promises to GLBT people. You and your 14th century phobias are of no relevance to this convo.

I wonder how many officers will choose retirement over staying in a military without DADT. What type of idiot thinks that people following a rule means the topic is accepted? I think most of my tax dollars are wasted and many programs are wrong, but I still pay taxes. Compliance doesn't equate to acceptance.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Your colleagues disagree with you.... according to the recent survey among the military.

I work hand in hand with the soldiers and I know that most soldiers don't support DADT.

I imagine the ones your holding hands with would support a repeal of DADT.

Did I say I gave a fuck whether YOU are homophobic? No. The discussion is whether Obama delivered on his promises to GLBT people. You and your 14th century phobias are of no relevance to this convo.

I'm not fucking homophobic I just believe the Army should be the testing ground for acceptance of homosexuality, I gives a shit less who's fucking who, a solder doesn't have to be openly gay to perform their duties, if you think you need to tell the entire world you're gay in order to perform your duties you have fucking issues, not the Army.

I imagine the ones your holding hands with would support a repeal of DADT.

None of my soldiers support repeal of DADT, just like most states don't support gay marriage even though I don't give a shit about gays being married, I say let them.

Yes, Obama weasled on the Armenian Genocide (this is a WW I event). We kinda sorta broke up right around that time, and partially for that reason.

And as usual, he wants to straddle the fence and get the support he'd be entitled to if he had admitted this historical fact.

Obama on Armenian Remembrance Day: "One of worst atrocities in 20th century" - Laura Rozen - POLITICO.com
Calling it one of the worst atrocities of the 20th century, President Barack Obama observed the 95th anniversary of Armenian Remembrance Day in remarks Saturday, but avoided calling the Ottoman era killing of 1.5 million Armenians genocide.
However, Obama did refer to "Meds Yeghern" or "Great Catastrophe," which is the Armenian term for what befell their nation in 1915, the same way "Shoah" is used by some Jewish people to refer to the Holocaust, one scholar noted.
^I am especially offended by this part.

The logic: It's okay he doesn't recognize the Armenian Genocide after telling millions of Americans he would call it exactly that, because he adopted the exact same term the Turkish government uses for the events. Proves Obama can't put morality above politics.

Last edited:

For some reason, I am more inclined to trust the results of a cross military survey than a couple of guys who probably agree with you just to shut you up.

Yes, gays openly serving in the military is going to be the end of us. Just as it has been the end of the UK, Canada, Australia....

Here are the nations where gays serve openly in the military....

images

Who should we seek to emulate? All of the rest of the First World, or North Korea?

I wonder how many officers will choose retirement over staying in a military without DADT. What type of idiot thinks that people following a rule means the topic is accepted? I think most of my tax dollars are wasted and many programs are wrong, but I still pay taxes. Compliance doesn't equate to acceptance.

The point is dickhead, if you let gays openly serve you're saying the military agrees with and accepts homosexuality, the military is suppose to be neutral of agendas.

Maddie! Don't pick on Failgo, he's black! Therefore, picking on him is racist, mo chara. :lol:

Yes, Obama weasled on the Armenian Genocide (this is a WW I event). We kinda sorta broke up right around that time, and partially for that reason.

And as usual, he wants to straddle the fence and get the support he'd be entitled to if he had admitted this historical fact.

Obama on Armenian Remembrance Day: "One of worst atrocities in 20th century" - Laura Rozen - POLITICO.com
Calling it one of the worst atrocities of the 20th century, President Barack Obama observed the 95th anniversary of Armenian Remembrance Day in remarks Saturday, but avoided calling the Ottoman era killing of 1.5 million Armenians genocide.
However, Obama did refer to "Meds Yeghern" or "Great Catastrophe," which is the Armenian term for what befell their nation in 1915, the same way "Shoah" is used by some Jewish people to refer to the Holocaust, one scholar noted.

^I am especially offended by this part.

The logic: It's okay he doesn't recognize the Armenian Genocide after telling millions of Americans he would call it exactly that, because he adopted the exact same term the Turkish government uses for the events.

But Obama is The Great Equivocator. Why ain't that enough for you, hipeter?

"If you don't stand for anything, you'll fall for anything."

The point is dickhead, if you let gays openly serve you're saying the military agrees with and accepts homosexuality, the military is suppose to be neutral of agendas.

The military is nothing but agendas asswipe.

Yes, gays openly serving in the military is going to be the end of us. Just as it has been the end of the UK, Canada, Australia....

images

Who should we seek to emulate? All of the rest of the First World, or North Korea?

No dipshit, here's the issue, if I have soldiers who feel uncomfortable being in a shower that has an openly gay soldier I would have to tell those soldiers suck it up and deal with it if DADT was repealed, meaning I would have to accept the homosexual view that having such uncomfortable feeling is homophobic and wouldn't exist if homosexuality was accepted as ok.

images

Why should we 'emulate' any nation. We are a leader of nations, not a follower. At least, that's what we were set up to be.

Maddie! Don't pick on Failgo, he's black! Therefore, picking on him is racist, mo chara. :lol:

Flayglo isn't black, CG. He has no style.

No Game.

No Ha-cha-ah.

The military is nothing but agendas asswipe.

Bullshit, the military isn't about agendas, all people regardless of their backgrounds are subject to the same regulations and rules.

How many politicians actually deliver most of what they promise? If the Senate isn't working with him what do you expect? people have too many unreal expectations, if he made a serious push to make a promise happen and it didn't happen you can't hold it against him, but if he was full of inaction thats another story.

What does the Army do when gays can openly marry? The tide has turned in the country and DADT is well passed its usefulness.

If one soldier does not like gays and the other soldier is gay. Why does the Army side with the soldier who does not like gays?

Flayglo isn't black, CG. He has no style.

No Game.

No Ha-cha-ah.

Asshat alert, when your fucking dumb ass arguments are disintegrated attack Flaylo, blow it out your ass.

images

No dipshit, here's the issue, if I have soldiers who feel uncomfortable being in a shower that has an openly gay soldier I would have to tell those soldiers suck it up and deal with it if DADT was repealed, meaning I would have to accept the homosexual view that having such uncomfortable feeling is homophobic and wouldn't exist if homosexuality was accepted as ok.

As it should be. We do not coddle bigots, especially military bigots. I find it ironic that a man who claims he's black would argue that "integrating" the service is going to be detrimental. 50 years ago, your ass would have been in a segregated platoon, Flayglo.

What's wrong is wrong.

Forum List

Back