Obama Had Better Hope People Don't Find Out What Venture Capitalists Do

The flaw in your reasoning is that John Kerry was a fake while Mitt Romney isn't.

That will become very apparent.

I don't think Romney wants to tackle that till after the Democratic Convention.

Once he's picked his VP (Hopefully Biden) he'll open up the books on this.

Obama will look like an amateur.

A couple of things.

First, you seem to fail to understand that the big corporate machinations that really make sense in boardrooms don't resonate to working folks trying to put food on the table.

Let's pretend for a moment that Romney had really good business reasons for doing what he did.

So what?

Doesn't matter to a person who got laid off or got a shitty raise this year while the investors are living large. It just takes a giant marker and underlines the rigged nature of the game.

And Romney would be a fool to let this go on until the DNC. Five months of this kind of stuff, he will be defined as a "Vampire Capitalist", a guy who made a lot of money while working folks have gotten the shaft.

It's a surefire loser for the GOP. And incidently, I've been saying this for months now.

Romney can break out all the graphs and charts he wants, but a sad steelworker eating a can of Alpo because Mitt looted his pension fund is always going to trump that.

And like Obama had been a "job creator" outside of his political life?

they really want you all to fall for that one..

Like I said, it's EASY for them to say now Obama creates jobs, it's NOT HIS MONEY he's been tossing down the toilet with his "visions"

the people see through all his and his followers bull.

And like Obama had been a "job creator" outside of his political life?

they really want you all to fall for that one..

Like I said, it's EASY for them to say now Obama creates jobs, it's NOT HIS MONEY he's been tossing down the toilet with his "visions"

the people see through all his and his followers bull.

Again, I realize that there is this weird thing in the GOP to worship businessmen like they are some kind of Gods...

But our only two businessmen presidents.

Herbert Hoover and George W. Bush.

I think that's it is better that Bain uses private investor money,who know the risks of their investing, rather than what President Obama did. He invested taxpayer money for green energy companies, that went belly up and all taxpayers were forced to pay for it and lost their money.
This is the a very anti profit administration.

How many jobs/businesses did Bain/Romney save and grow?

"Amid anecdotal evidence on both sides, the full record has largely escaped a close look, because so many transactions are involved. The Wall Street Journal, aiming for a comprehensive assessment, examined 77 businesses Bain invested in while Mr. Romney led the firm from its 1984 start until early 1999, to see how they fared during Bain's involvement and shortly afterward.

Among the findings: 22% either filed for bankruptcy reorganization or closed their doors by the end of the eighth year after Bain first invested, sometimes with substantial job losses. An additional 8% ran into so much trouble that all of the money Bain invested was lost.

A spokesman for Bain Capital said its "success rate in growing and turning around businesses in both strong and weak economic periods is very high…" The company called the Journal's analysis "inaccurate and misleading" and said it unfairly put the onus on Bain for events at companies after it no longer owned them."

Romney at Bain Capital: Big Gains, Some Busts - WSJ.com

Comprehend the fact that Bain invested private monies, not TAX dollars.

I think that's it is better that Bain uses private investor money,who know the risks of their investing, rather than what President Obama did. He invested taxpayer money for green energy companies, that went belly up and all taxpayers were forced to pay for it and lost their money.

Okay, let's look a that.

I agree, Solyndra was a clusterfuck, absolutely.

But the fact is, a lot of innovations that we've made have been because of government investment.

How many advances came out of spending in WWII. Private industry never would have developed nuclear power on its own, that took a Manhatten Project to do.

Green Energy should be one of those areas where right and left should be on the same side. The left because they want to help the environment, and the right because they should want to break the power that some very unsavory people have through their monopoly on petroleum.

Both should want to get to the same place, for different reasons.

People who do not comprehend how business works...are sad indeed.

Well it appears some Dems agree with the GOP on the Bain attacks. Of course they're all politicians and everyone gets contributions from such venture capitalists.

I think Obama is going down the wrong road, I think Romney is laughing him off for being so stupid.

I think he messed up on this target. Dems are biting their tongues so hard I think we'll see blood soon.

Some influential Democrats on and off Capitol Hill are refusing to give President Obama political cover for his attacks on Mitt Romney’s record at Bain Capital.

Despite pushback from more than a half-dozen Democrats, the Obama campaign on Tuesday defended how it has scrutinized Romney’s business background.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), a widely respected member of Congress, stopped short of criticizing the president, but made it clear that the campaign should pivot.

“It’s done,” she said. “Go on to other things now.”

Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.) told The Hill, “I think the average American … hopes that this campaign will focus on competing visions for how to strengthen our economy, help create jobs and move the country forward.”

Pressed on whether he thought Obama’s campaign had operated within those guidelines, Coons paused.

“I’m not going to comment on President Obama’s ad,” he said, shaking his head vigorously.

Democrats balk at Obama campaign

"Amid anecdotal evidence on both sides, the full record has largely escaped a close look, because so many transactions are involved. The Wall Street Journal, aiming for a comprehensive assessment, examined 77 businesses Bain invested in while Mr. Romney led the firm from its 1984 start until early 1999, to see how they fared during Bain's involvement and shortly afterward.

Among the findings: 22% either filed for bankruptcy reorganization or closed their doors by the end of the eighth year after Bain first invested, sometimes with substantial job losses. An additional 8% ran into so much trouble that all of the money Bain invested was lost.

A spokesman for Bain Capital said its "success rate in growing and turning around businesses in both strong and weak economic periods is very high…" The company called the Journal's analysis "inaccurate and misleading" and said it unfairly put the onus on Bain for events at companies after it no longer owned them."

So what.

And this is another problem with the Bain model. It's not just the quantity of jobs (which in itself is questionable, Romney wants no responsibility for the GST Layoffs that happened after he left, but wants full credit for the jobs Staples created after he left Bain.)

It's the quality of jobs.

Sorry, creating a minimum wage job at Staples where the taxpayer is going to have to pick up your medical and housing costs doesn't make up for a good paying union job at GST or AmPad where people were contributing to society.

Our ruling
Plouffe said that the loan guarantee program that awarded half a billion dollars in guarantees to Solyndra "was supported by President Bush." The program was created on Bush's watch by a law he signed and promoted. The program grew under the Obama administration, which ultimately awarded Solyndra's loan guarantee under a new section of the law created by the stimulus. The Bush administration, though, promoted the loan guarantee program, and Bush himself touted it on his way out of office. There's also evidence his administration specifically prioritized Solyndra's project. We find Plouffe's statement Mostly True.​

The loan guarantee program that helped Solyndra "was a program that was supported by President Bush."

This is an "anti profit" administration? Are you smoking crack?

The Fortune 500 list came out today, and it shows record high earnings for the top 500 companies. Their profits increased more than 16 percent from last year to total more than $824 billion. The 500 companies are ranked by revenue, and Exxon Mobil tops the list with a staggering $453 billion.​

New 'Fortune 500' List Shows Record Earnings

Our ruling
Plouffe said that the loan guarantee program that awarded half a billion dollars in guarantees to Solyndra "was supported by President Bush." The program was created on Bush's watch by a law he signed and promoted. The program grew under the Obama administration, which ultimately awarded Solyndra's loan guarantee under a new section of the law created by the stimulus. The Bush administration, though, promoted the loan guarantee program, and Bush himself touted it on his way out of office. There's also evidence his administration specifically prioritized Solyndra's project. We find Plouffe's statement Mostly True.​

The loan guarantee program that helped Solyndra "was a program that was supported by President Bush."

The Fortune 500 list came out today, and it shows record high earnings for the top 500 companies. Their profits increased more than 16 percent from last year to total more than $824 billion. The 500 companies are ranked by revenue, and Exxon Mobil tops the list with a staggering $453 billion.​

Dammit, Wytch, don't go confusing them with facts.

Don't you know that Obama is a secret Kenyan Marxist with a plan to enslave America?

So what.

And this is another problem with the Bain model. It's not just the quantity of jobs (which in itself is questionable, Romney wants no responsibility for the GST Layoffs that happened after he left, but wants full credit for the jobs Staples created after he left Bain.)

Sorry, creating a minimum wage job at Staples where the taxpayer is going to have to pick up your medical and housing costs doesn't make up for a good paying union job at GST or AmPad where people were contributing to society.

Good job...moving the goal posts and failure to recognize what Bain really did.

Your issue is "I hate Mormons" clouds the real story.

Our ruling

Don't you know that Obama is a secret Kenyan Marxist with a plan to enslave America?

yeah, just to hell with the facts MOST of the companies Obama has LOANED monies to have went BANKUPT leaving us taxpayers holding the bag..

Our ruling

yeah, just to hell with the facts MOST of the companies Obama has LOANED monies to have went BANKUPT leaving us taxpayers holding the bag..

Da*n, just Da*n I didn't think the President could loan companies taxpayer money. Isn't that what the left always says?? Next question, who really controls the purse strings?? And last but not least is that cool guy that no one really knew still the President???

Last edited:

So what.

Good job...moving the goal posts and failure to recognize what Bain really did.

Your issue is "I hate Mormons" clouds the real story.

I recognize exactly what Bain and companies like it did. It looted the economy for short term profit at the expense of long term growth and stability, and we are all paying for it now.

But since you want to bring the religious issue into it, i was brought up Catholic, and even though I'm not a practicing Catholic now, I know exactly what the Nuns would say about looting a company and underfunding the pension plan and laying off hundreds of people to make a quick buck.

They would say that was wrong and could point to verses in the bible to back that up.

So I have to wonder what kind of messed up shit they teach in the Mormon Church where that sort of thing is okay.

Probably teh part where they are "only gentiles", so screwing them over is okay.

Forum List

Back