Obama goes on Fox News and gives interview.

Republicans Have Used "Slaughter Solution" Many Times - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

you will survive my bad grammer but your fcailed ideas will not survive the facts Im affraid

"But it's worth noting that this "Washington power grab" was used 36 times by House Republicans in 2005 and 2006, when they last controlled Congress, according to the Brookings Institution's Thomas Mann. "

The man Mann is a constitutional scholar btw

So now we go from 202 to 36.........

That's one hell of a difference.

And then your link goes on to mention the The reauthorization of the Patriot Act, which passed the house 357 yea votes 66 Nay votes 9 Not Voting.

Congress Project : Publications : Bimonthly Column on Procedural Politics from Roll Call

When Republicans were in the minority, they railed against self-executing rules as being anti-deliberative because they undermined and perverted the work of committees and also prevented the House from having a separate debate and vote on the majority’s preferred changes. From the 95th to 98th Congresses (1977-84), there were only eight self-executing rules making up just 1 percent of the 857 total rules granted. However, in Speaker Tip O’Neill’s (D-Mass.) final term in the 99th Congress, there were 20 self-executing rules (12 percent). In Rep. Jim Wright’s (D-Texas) only full term as Speaker, in the 100th Congress, there were 18 self-executing rules (17 percent). They reached a high point of 30 under Speaker Tom Foley (D-Wash.) during the final Democratic Congress, the 103rd, for 22 percent of all rules.

When Republicans took power in 1995, they soon lost their aversion to self-executing rules and proceeded to set new records under Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.). There were 38 and 52 self-executing rules in the 104th and 105th Congresses (1995-1998), making up 25 percent and 35 percent of all rules, respectively. Under Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) there were 40, 42 and 30 self-executing rules in the 106th, 107th and 108th Congresses (22 percent, 37 percent and 22 percent, respectively). Thus far in the 109th Congress, self-executing rules make up about 16 percent of all rules.

Last edited:
Republicans Have Used "Slaughter Solution" Many Times - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

you will survive my bad grammer but your fcailed ideas will not survive the facts Im affraid

"But it's worth noting that this "Washington power grab" was used 36 times by House Republicans in 2005 and 2006, when they last controlled Congress, according to the Brookings Institution's Thomas Mann. "

Truth,

I asked you earlier today to show me where ANY previous use of DEEM AND PASS has been used on something as big and as economically challenging as healthcare. I didn't get a response...at least not before I had to sign off.

You seem very married to this arguement so, I was hoping you might answer my request now. Can you?

Very civil of you , thanks.

It was used on many pressing issues like the taxes and I believe the partiot act.

Its hard to find a list out right , if you find one please share it with me.

I was trusting Mann who is a constitutional scholar whom I have never know to lie.

did "the taxes" (not sure what that means) or the patriot act effect 1/6 of our economy?

BLAME BUSH???????

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah

do you people even recalled how for YEARS you blamed Clinton for EVERYTHING that went wrong under Bush?

Hell you assholes were blaming 911 on clinton for years even though you blamed Clinton for the first WTT bombing that happened 20 days into his first term.

Bush blamed Clinton = BAD, BAD EEEEVIL BUSH!!!!

Obama blames Bush = meh, s'ok, Bush did it too

If it wasn't ok for Bush to blame Clinton then it isn't ok for Obama to blame Bush.

If it was ok for Bush to blame Clinton then it is ok for Obama to blame Bush.

Pick one.

It was used on many pressing issues like the taxes and I believe the partiot act.

I was trusting Mann who is a constitutional scholar whom I have never know to lie.

You are incorrect as usual....better stop letting those loon websites you love to quote from doing your thinking for you...it was never used on NON BUDGETARY ITEMS so your statement on the Patriot Act is deliberate misinformation fed to you or you just aren't current with national news.

Here's a link to the Bills that were reconciled.....and if you'll notice...the MAJORITY OF TIMES IT WAS USED THE DEMOCRATS CONTROLLED CONGRESS!!!!

So not only are YOU a liar but so is the Democrat talking point that Republicans used it more than Democrats. Last I heard the Democrats controlled Congrees up until January of 1995
Truth And Reconciliation | The New Republic

And then your link goes on to mention the The reauthorization of the Patriot Act, which passed the house 357 yea votes 66 Nay votes 9 Not Voting.

Ollie...truthmatters is just pulling shit out of her ass...as usual.

The Obama Administration claimed unemployment would peak at 8% if the stimulus bill was passed.

That is clearly a lie.

Didn't they also say the stimuless bill would create jobs, something about shovels and such? And didn't they say the stimuless is working? Yet they just passed a jobs bill . . . because the stimuless is working. Right.

That number is from 1995 to present I believe, you guys are not reading the facts provided.

The Obama Administration claimed unemployment would peak at 8% if the stimulus bill was passed.

That is clearly a lie.

Didn't they also say the stimuless bill would create jobs, something about shovels and such? And didn't they say the stimuless is working? Yet they just passed a jobs bill . . . because the stimuless is working. Right.

The stimulus has created jobs and that esitmate of 8% was on the bill before the Rs hacked away at it.

You see you people continue to lie even when corrected with the facts.

Truth,

I asked you earlier today to show me where ANY previous use of DEEM AND PASS has been used on something as big and as economically challenging as healthcare. I didn't get a response...at least not before I had to sign off.

You seem very married to this arguement so, I was hoping you might answer my request now. Can you?

did "the taxes" (not sure what that means) or the patriot act effect 1/6 of our economy?

Oh My. You really have no idea what actually happened.

Search engines are your friend. Please. Read up.

Truthmatters is a her? I never would have guessed.

That is clearly a lie.

The stimulus has created jobs and that esitmate of 8% was on the bill before the Rs hacked away at it.

The only jobs the stimulus created are government handout jobs. This does not stimulate the economy.

That is clearly a lie.

Funny how much power is attributted to the Republicans in the minority. It's really quite funny to listen to the talking points from the DUh types as they blame the minority party, who has ZERO power in Congress, while the Democrats held a super majority......and COULDN'T GET SHIT DONE!!!!!!!

That is clearly a lie.

once again with the lies

with a majority in the house and a 60 seat majority in the senate, dems did not need the repubs...and the truth is, the stimulus passed with ZERO repubs voting it...

so tell me again how the repubs affected anything...:cuckoo:

TM should also read up on how much of the stimulus has not even been spent. If the "Rs" whacked it back so much, why the lack of urgency to spend what was passed?

Funny how much power is attributted to the Republicans in the minority. It's really quite funny to listen to the talking points from the DUh types as they blame the minority party, who has ZERO power in Congress, while the Democrats held a super majority......and COULDN'T GET SHIT DONE!!!!!!!

Funny is not the correct terminology for this as it is actually a very serious subject.

Absolutely 100% Hysterical does such a better job.

make up your minds.

The dems have either done something or done nothing.

You people are fucking crazy

The fact of the matter is Obama and his rubber stamp Congress haven't done a goddam thing for America except increase the National debt by 2 trillion dollars in 421 days. That's 30% of what Bush did in 8 years.

Without this government run healthcare scam being enacted into law...Obama and the Democrats have ZERO "accomplishments".

Forum List

Back