Obama gets UR down to 5.6 in 2 yrs Romney wanted four years to get to 5.9

BH 10515610
Interesting that you managed to work Bush into your response even though I did not bring him up in any way shape or form

I brought up the legacy of the Bush tax cuts. Do you understand the definition of legacy?

"a thing handed down by a predecessor"

Bush tax cuts went all the way till January 2013. That is just a fact.

Selected stats aimed at the low information left. Yeah , woop-de-do the seasonal hiring of bartenders and waiters in December when most of the labor force dropped out of the system and are no longer tracked. It's too late, Barry is down to 1/3 of influence in the federal government.

BH 10515610
Interesting that you managed to work Bush into your response even though I did not bring him up in any way shape or form

I brought up the legacy of the Bush tax cuts. Do you understand the definition of legacy?

"a thing handed down by a predecessor"

Bush tax cuts went all the way till January 2013. That is just a fact.
Yes I know they went all the way to 2013 but they were set to expire in 2010 but someone signed a bill that extended them for two more years that someone was the President of the United States do you know who that was in 2010? I find it amusing how you like to talk about the legacy and damage you fill was caused and still being caused by the Bush tax cuts but ignore the current Presidents role in extending them two years after they were set to expire. This to is all just a fact.

America's 'Real' Labor Market Exposed In 1 Simple Chart

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 01/10/2015 14:45 -0500

Unemployment rate plunging? Job creation surging? Sure doesn't feel like that across America... this is why...
Structural Unemployment!!

So now you know why The Fed is ignoring all the headline data... they see the rot below the Shangri-La surface that panglossian prats on CNBC spew every day.

America s Real Labor Market Exposed In 1 Simple Chart Zero Hedge

It's rather silly to bring someone up who has not been President for five years now.

I didn't bring up Bush. I brought up one part of his legacy. I brought up the Bush tax cuts that did in fact run into Obama's term. They ran through the most godawful recession since the Great Depression. Bush left a lot of bad legacy - the Great Rcession that ran into Obama's term as well and with it brought the loss of 8 million jobs. 800,000 jobs lost in January 2012 alone. Do you fault Obama for that job loss?

Last edited:
It's rather silly to bring someone up who has not been President for five years now.

I didn't bring up Bush. I brought up one part of his legacy. I brought up the Bush tax cuts that did in fact run into Obama's term. They ran through the most godawful recession since the Great Depression. Bush left a lot of bad legacy - the Great Rcession that ran into Obama's term as well and with it brought the loss of 8 million jobs. 800,000 jobs lost in January 2012 alone. Do you faultvObama for that job loss?

Jan. 2012...nothing like blaming Bush 3 YEARS out of office.... doesn't the mulatto EVER MAN UP and take responsibility for being a fuck up?

I didn't bring up Bush. I brought up one part of his legacy. I brought up the Bush tax cuts that did in fact run into Obama's term. They ran through the most godawful recession since the Great Depression. Bush left a lot of bad legacy - the Great Rcession that ran into Obama's term as well and with it brought the loss of 8 million jobs. 800,000 jobs lost in January 2012 alone. Do you faultvObama for that job loss?
You keep saying the Bush tax cuts ran into Obama's first term I have not denied that you have said the Bush tax cuts ran till 2013 I have not denied that you claim the Bush tax cuts were bad for the country fine that's your opinion. The point that I keep bringing up and the one you keep avoiding again and this will be the third time and also the last time if you choose to ignore this again. The Bush tax cuts were set to expire in 2010 President Obama signed a bill that extended them for two more years if they were as bad for the economy as you and other's on the left claim why did he extend them? Since he did extend them that also makes them part of his legacy by his one choosing.

Jan. 2012...nothing like blaming Bush 3 YEARS out of office.... doesn't the mulatto EVER MAN UP and take responsibility for being a fuck up?
You will note I have pointed out to Notfooled that President Obama extended those same tax cuts for two years but they don't seem to want to address that.

You will note I have pointed out to Notfooled that President Obama extended those same tax cuts for two years but they don't seem to want to address that.

Perhaps his new name should be "FOOLED BY W"....:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

BH 10519302

He opposed extending the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy but was forced to compromise in order to extend unemployment benefits and to prevent an average tax increase per family at around $3000.

.Had Congress not acted to address the expiring Bush-era tax cuts, all Americans would have seen a tax increase on January 1st. (The average tax increase per family, the White House said, would have been $3,000.) Mr. Obama, who had long opposed extending the Bush tax cuts for America's highest-earners, has argued he had no choice but to agree to GOP demands to do so in order to avoid a tax increase on the middle class.

Obama Signs Bill To Extend Bush Tax Cuts - CBS News

It was a step in the right direction as well. Obama gave the middle class a one year payroll tax deduction that the wealthy did not get.

Mr. Obama said the bill would create jobs and boost the still-struggling U.S. economy. He called it a "substantial victory for middle class families" who would otherwise have seen a tax increase.

"In fact, not only will middle class Americans avoid a tax increase, but tens of millions of Americans will start the new year off right by opening their first paycheck to see that it's larger than the one they get right now," he said.

Can you now answer this question? Do you fault Obama for that job loss?

Bush left a lot of bad legacy - the Great Recession that ran into Obama's term as well and with it brought the loss of 8 million jobs. 800,000 jobs lost in January 2012 alone. Do you fault Obama for that huge job loss?

This thread is still about Mitt Romney's prediction and the fact that Obama significantly beat Romney's four year target for the unemployment rate in two years.

.A compromise measure, the Act gives permanence to the lower rate of much of the Bush tax cuts, while retaining the higher tax rate at upper income levels that became effective on January 1 as a result of the expiration of the Bush tax cuts.

American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Americans like Romney went back to paying taxes at the rate that were in place prior to the Bush tax cuts. Obama was right, he raised taxes on the wealthy, and the economy did much better than what Romney said he could do.

Selected stats aimed at the low information left. Yeah , woop-de-do the seasonal hiring of bartenders and waiters in December when most of the labor force dropped out of the system and are no longer tracked. It's too late, Barry is down to 1/3 of influence in the federal government.
President Obama is currently the only one in government capable of taking action in Government

Use your mind. And if yours actually functions you need to explain why the Bush tax cuts as one of the primary causes of income disparity does not contribute to income disparity.

No, because you are arguing illogical nonsense.

I didn't bring up Bush. I brought up one part of his legacy. I brought up the Bush tax cuts that did in fact run into Obama's term. They ran through the most godawful recession since the Great Depression. Bush left a lot of bad legacy - the Great Rcession that ran into Obama's term as well and with it brought the loss of 8 million jobs. 800,000 jobs lost in January 2012 alone. Do you fault Obama for that job loss?

Obama-Blames-Bush-For-Bad-Economy_large.jpg

resized_obama-laugh-meme-generator-just-blame-bush-those-idiots-will-keep-falling-for-it-4e472f.jpg

images

george-bush-miss-me-yet.jpg

BH 10519302

He opposed extending the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy but was forced to compromise in order to extend unemployment benefits and to prevent an average tax increase per family at around $3000.

.Had Congress not acted to address the expiring Bush-era tax cuts, all Americans would have seen a tax increase on January 1st. (The average tax increase per family, the White House said, would have been $3,000.) Mr. Obama, who had long opposed extending the Bush tax cuts for America's highest-earners, has argued he had no choice but to agree to GOP demands to do so in order to avoid a tax increase on the middle class.

Obama Signs Bill To Extend Bush Tax Cuts - CBS News

It was a step in the right direction as well. Obama gave the middle class a one year payroll tax deduction that the wealthy did not get.

Mr. Obama said the bill would create jobs and boost the still-struggling U.S. economy. He called it a "substantial victory for middle class families" who would otherwise have seen a tax increase.

"In fact, not only will middle class Americans avoid a tax increase, but tens of millions of Americans will start the new year off right by opening their first paycheck to see that it's larger than the one they get right now," he said.

Can you now answer this question? Do you fault Obama for that job loss?

Bush left a lot of bad legacy - the Great Recession that ran into Obama's term as well and with it brought the loss of 8 million jobs. 800,000 jobs lost in January 2012 alone. Do you fault Obama for that huge job loss?

This thread is still about Mitt Romney's prediction and the fact that Obama significantly beat Romney's four year target for the unemployment rate in two years.

.A compromise measure, the Act gives permanence to the lower rate of much of the Bush tax cuts, while retaining the higher tax rate at upper income levels that became effective on January 1 as a result of the expiration of the Bush tax cuts.

American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Americans like Romney went back to paying taxes at the rate that were in place prior to the Bush tax cuts. Obama was right, he raised taxes on the wealthy, and the economy did much better than what Romney said he could do.
So your whole logic is the Bush tax under Bush were bad but the Bush tax cuts under Obama were good got it and it's a crock but so be it. And no I don't blame Obama for things that happened before he took office but I also don't blame Bush for every bad thing that happened since Obama took office.

This is too funny. Obama has been in office SIX YEARS.

And would you care to count the millions who have dropped off the unemployment rate statistics because they've given up looking for work?
0.74 million at last count. Defined as those who want a job, could have started a job in December if offered, and looked for a job sometime between December 2013 and November 2014 but did not look in late November/early December because they believed there were no jobs, or they lacked the requisite education/training for available jobs, or they believed they would face discrimination.

Why would you want to classify people not trying to work the same as those trying without success?

You mean retirees?

What part of 16 and older did you not understand
There are 17,941,000 people age 16-24 not in the labor force. 14,398,000 are enrolled in school.
Retirees are still the largest group Not in the Labor Force...over half of those 93 million are 55 years or older.
About 10 million of those under 65 who are not in the labor force, around 10 million are disabled.

President Obama is currently the only one in government capable of taking action in Government

Oh, really? In another thread you said that Boehner shut down the govt.

you are FOS winger/jake

And no I don't blame Obama for things that happened before he took office but I also don't blame Bush for every bad thing that happened since Obama took office.

So you don't blame Obama for the US economy losing 8 million jobs beginning about five years after the Bush tax cuts* were enacted, then do you?

*For the purpose of cutting taxes mostly for the wealthy during wartime to create jobs. Instead Bush's term produced no net gain in jobs. The tax cuts were an absolute failure if sustained job creation was its goal. It was a success if increasing income disparity was the goal for men like Mitt Romney. The tax cuts for the rich automatically extended two years into Obama's first term making it difficult to recover from the 8 million jobs that they contributed to destroy.

Obama extended them two years with the same cuts for the rich that Republican shamefully forced into the budget compromise. Giving the middle class a 3000 hit in Jan 2010 and cutting off checks for the unemployed so Romney could save several percent on his capital gains and base rate taxes during war time was bad. But to increase taxes on the middle class during a recovery from the recession that Bush left America on his way out, was an economic no no,

Last edited:

Forum List

Back