Obama Gets Into it with Arizona Governor

Link it.

Link an actual case of someone dying due to Obamacare.

I linked people dying due to Conservacare. Jan Brewer is the conservative heroine.

Your link is my link. Obamacare cut 500billion in medi payments to the states, the states made cuts as a result of the federal cuts in hr3200, these cuts as you already stated caused at least 2 deaths in arizona..

Ridiculous.

Brewer did something that was cruel.

Simple as that.

I'm not saying that what happened was right, i'm just making sure the facts of where the cuts actually originated from are properly represented.

If you want to blame brewer fine but if you want to be consitant and not hypocritical you also have to blame obama and the dem house/congress that passed obamacare (hr3200)

Last edited:
Our quality is the best.
The cost is what they are using as ranking # 47.
Our cost is due to politics.
Yeah....sure......

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid Teabaggers

OK I'm a cruel bastard, but just why is that my problem? I pay my medical bills. Why can't you?

I'm not going to call you cruel, ernie. but if you have been able to pay your medical bills, thank goodness, it means you haven't had a catastrophic illness that bankrupted you.

you are aware that over 50% of bankruptcies are due to unanticipated medical expenses, right? certainly that isn't good for us as a society.
Meanwhile methheads are busting burn wards because they are blowing themselves up and not paying for their treatment. There are a lot of those that use emergency wards for free health care and we end up paying for it. Obamacare was designed to rip us off to take care of dead beats who support obamaturd.

Your link is my link. Obamacare cut 500billion in medi payments to the states, the states made cuts as a result of the federal cuts in hr3200, these cuts as you already stated caused at least 2 deaths in arizona..

Ridiculous.

Simple as that.

I'm not saying that what happened was right, i'm just making sure the facts of where the cuts actually originated from are properly represented.

If you want to blame brewer fine but if you want to be consitant and not hypocritical you also have to blame obama and the dem house/congress that passed obamacare (hr3200)

The Health Care Package was not in full effect and it cuts redundant and unnecessary procedures.

A life saving operation is neither redundant or unnecessary.

Ridiculous.

Simple as that.

The Health Care Package was not in full effect and it cuts redundant and unnecessary procedures.

A life saving operation is neither redundant or unnecessary.

Well tell the 2 people that died family members that the cuts, which resulted in transplant procedures being droped, were redundant and unneccassary.

That was what palin was crying about with obamacare "deathpanels" back in the day, the govt will cut then govt people...not patients and doctors...decide what services are cuttable and which are not.

OK I'm a cruel bastard, but just why is that my problem? I pay my medical bills. Why can't you?

I'm not going to call you cruel, ernie. but if you have been able to pay your medical bills, thank goodness, it means you haven't had a catastrophic illness that bankrupted you.

you are aware that over 50% of bankruptcies are due to unanticipated medical expenses, right? certainly that isn't good for us as a society.

And, ya know, if Obama had said "It's not right that people go bankrupt because of catastrophic illnesses so I propose a national insurance that covers the follow specific life or death illnesses........" I might have congratulated him on it and supported it. But that's not what he did... he introduced a clusterfuck that won't work... and it is absolutely designed to lead us to single payer. Now, I would urge people to honestly and without preconceived opinions go and research the countries that use such a system.... and you will know that it cannot work in the US. It can't work.

And, ya know, if Obama had said "It's not right that people go bankrupt because of catastrophic illnesses so I propose a national insurance that covers the follow specific life or death illnesses........" I might have congratulated him on it and supported it. But that's not what he did... he introduced a clusterfuck that won't work... and it is absolutely designed to lead us to single payer. Now, I would urge people to honestly and without preconceived opinions go and research the countries that use such a system.... and you will know that it cannot work in the US. It can't work.

that's sort of what was done. but it's not affordable without a mandate b/c it's cost-sharing....healthy younger people sharing the burden for sick people.

i thought you were fiscally conservative? seems to me it's important to pay for what we do.

great concept, eh?

Why, this is what is in obamacare...the govt decides what medical services are necessary and most important. Obamacare cut 500billion from medicare, states have to now make cuts.

If you support obamacare you should support this
O.K., here's your
916.gif
opportunity.

Where do you find that, in.....

:eusa_eh:

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-111hr3200rh/pdf/BILLS-111hr3200rh.pdf

Go read dude.

Gee......you were unable to cut-'n-paste your references, huh?

Shocking.

handjob.gif

Exactly

They could have passed a one or two page bill stating "Pre-existing condition insurance plans can be subsidized to make them in line with normal plans" and then on page two say "All americans can get govt assistance for catastrophic illnesses costing more than some dollar amount or some percentage of income"

Bam..simple, adresses the 2 big problems, and I would have supported that...

O.K., here's your
916.gif
opportunity.

Where do you find that, in.....

:eusa_eh:

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-111hr3200rh/pdf/BILLS-111hr3200rh.pdf

Go read dude.

Gee......you were unable to cut-'n-paste your references, huh?

Shocking.

handjob.gif

I told you the 3 sections to read. You need to read the entire sections to understand how one part of this bill affects the other parts and subsequently affects medicare funding on a state level

Brewer's new book: reason? her Maybelline and Covergirl cosmetics cost a fricken fortune! I'd bet she uses 5 pounds of concealer a day! Just imagine what she'd look like without makeup? eeeek. maybe a mummy? or a sunmaid prune?

PolitiFact | Obama deported more people in his first year than Bush did in his last, Spanish-language news anchor says

Brewer is a chronic bitcher. WTF does she want? Thousands of army & marines on the border? Not gonna happen unless the cartels step over the line in large numbers. In fact, I do believe some National Guard troops were already dispatched to the border. She just dislikes mexican illegals. She should crack down on businesses who hire them, then illegals will have no reason to cross.

I would have asked her if she'd like to have that finger shoved up her ass.

Border Wars - National Geographic Channel

Obama to send 1,200 troops to U.S.-Mexico border - USATODAY.com

The illegals that have residents along our southern border scared aren't the one's coming up here looking for jobs, genius...it's the people that are smuggling drugs into the country and are currently engaged in an all out war killing tens of thousands of people right across a poorly maintained border from States like Arizona...a conflict that will almost certainly spill over to our side of that border. But our so called leaders won't secure that border because it might be seen as "anti-Hispanic" and they don't want to lose the Hispanic vote.
Yeah.....things are gonna be much-improved when Arizona turns-into a....

....with all these contractors living there.​

Our quality is the best.
Very big difference between the two.

Our "cost" is due to HMOs going public.

No. Our cost is due to the fact that Americans, as a rule, don't pay for health care. Their employee benefits package or their medicaid or privately purchased insurance pays the bill and most of us are oblivious to what our care costs.
Doctors and insurance companies really have no compelling reason to hold costs down as no one really begrudges them making a profit.
A 10% profit on a $600 premium is a lot better than a 10% profit on $200/month.
If we did something like limited insurance payout to 80% of the bill, we would actually see how much our care costs and people would demand costs be brought down.
50 years ago, I had a bicycle accident and broke my arm. My dad was a tool and die maker and was paid, what was then the exorbitant rate of $3.10/hour. His job did not provide medical insurance and when the bill for $20 came, he paid it.
Today, a top level tool maker earns about $30/hour and the bill for a broken arm is typically $4,000. Let's see here. Pay has gone up 10 times and a broken arm, 200? Sure there are a lot of reasons for the increase, but the fact that most of us don't pay for our own care is, in my opinion, the biggest.

She looks like she finally remembered what she wanted to say in that debate. :lol::lol:

I'm guessing she has pill induced mood swings, augmented with a fondness for adult beverages.
Typical lefty debate. "I disagree, you ugly, stupid, racist teabagger, but I can't tell you why other than you're a wingnut."

I am aware of that. That's why I have money in the bank to pay for my obligations. 4 years ago, I almost lost my left hand due to a antibiotic resistant staph infection. I was hospitalized for 9 days and had wound care and therapy daily at first and then 3 days a week for 6 months. Total cost was north of $45,000. The bills are all paid. Not, I don't make big bucks. I've just been responsible.

fb3294fb88c65702050f6a706700a06f.jpg

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer came to greet President Barack Obama upon his arrival outside Phoenix Wednesday. What she got was a critique. Of her book.

The two leaders could be seen engaged in an intense conversation at the base of Air Force One's steps. Both could be seen smiling, but speaking at the same time.

Asked moments later what the conversation was about, Brewer, a Republican, said: "He was a little disturbed about my book."

Brewer recently published a book, "Scorpions for Breakfast," something of a memoir of her years growing up and defends her signing of Arizona's controversial law cracking down on illegal immigrants, which Obama opposes.

Obama was objecting to Brewer's description of a meeting he and Brewer had at the White House, where she described Obama as lecturing her. In an interview in November Brewer described two tense meetings. The first took place before his commencement address at Arizona State University. "He did blow me off at ASU," she said in the television interview in November.

She also described meeting the president at the White House in 2010 to talk about immigration. "I felt a little bit like I was being lectured to, and I was a little kid in a classroom, if you will, and he was this wise professor and I was this little kid, and this little kid knows what the problem is and I felt minimized to say the least."

On the tarmac Wednesday, Brewer handed Obama an envelope with a handwritten invitation to return to Arizona to meet her for lunch and to join her for a visit to the border.

"I said to him, you know, I have always respected the office of the president and that the book is what the book is," she told reporters Wednesday. She said Obama complained that she described him as not treating her cordially
Arizona Gov. Brewer gets book critique from Obama - Yahoo! News

Obama need subjects, not citizens. He's incapable of dealing with criticism, probably because he a fucking faggot

I am aware of that. That's why I have money in the bank to pay for my obligations. 4 years ago, I almost lost my left hand due to a antibiotic resistant staph infection. I was hospitalized for 9 days and had wound care and therapy daily at first and then 3 days a week for 6 months. Total cost was north of $45,000. The bills are all paid. Not, I don't make big bucks. I've just been responsible.

So did your health insurance help pay that $45,000 or did you pay the whole thing out of pocket? If you paid the entire thing out of pocket, how much have you saved up by now for the next emergency? What if your accident had cost $90,000? Would you have had enough in the bank or would you have had to re-mortgage your home?

Our quality is the best.
Very big difference between the two.

Our "cost" is due to HMOs going public.

No. Our cost is due to the fact that Americans, as a rule, don't pay for health care. Their employee benefits package or their medicaid or privately purchased insurance pays the bill and most of us are oblivious to what our care costs.
Doctors and insurance companies really have no compelling reason to hold costs down as no one really begrudges them making a profit.
A 10% profit on a $600 premium is a lot better than a 10% profit on $200/month.
If we did something like limited insurance payout to 80% of the bill, we would actually see how much our care costs and people would demand costs be brought down.
50 years ago, I had a bicycle accident and broke my arm. My dad was a tool and die maker and was paid, what was then the exorbitant rate of $3.10/hour. His job did not provide medical insurance and when the bill for $20 came, he paid it.
Today, a top level tool maker earns about $30/hour and the bill for a broken arm is typically $4,000. Let's see here. Pay has gone up 10 times and a broken arm, 200? Sure there are a lot of reasons for the increase, but the fact that most of us don't pay for our own care is, in my opinion, the biggest.

not really...

if that were where the "cost" comes from, we wouldn't have one of the most expensive health care delivery systems in the world. that's true even though this is a "private" system, unlike almost every other civilized country, where they make sure everyone has health care if they can't afford it privately.

if that were where the "cost" comes from, then people without insurance wouldn't be charged more than people with insurance for the same services.

the "cost" comes from profits of insurance companies and medical providers not being subject to any regulation.

the "cost" comes because we ship our drugs to other countries where they are sold for far less money than we pay here... not because it costs more but because our last president chose to make a deal where medicare couldn't negotiate with drug companies.

how stupid is that?

fair enough. but $45,000 is still within the realm of reasonable. now assume, heaven forbid, that someone gets cancer and the treatment costs a million dollars.

now they have to make the choice between a roof over their head and medical care...assuming they can work while they're being treated, maybe some of it will be covered by insurance....

until the insurance company refuses to authorize payment for treatment til after the person is dead or its too late to treat.

it's very easy for people to be arrogant, while at the same time telling people they shoudl be happy to work for minimum wage in "right to work" states because unions are public enemy number 1...

while insurance companies have the second highest profits of any industry... after oil..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back