Obama gave "joker" $26k

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Sep 20, 2005
Arizona
Another great investment by our government with our tax dollars.....

WNEW News reports that Holmes was awarded a prestigious grant from the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. NIH is part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

It gave the graduate student a $26,000 stipend and paid his tuition for the highly competitive program in Neuroscience at the University of Colorado in Denver.

James Holmes Received $26K Grant From Bethesda-Based National Institutes of Health « CBS DC

WNEW News reports that Holmes was awarded a prestigious grant from the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. NIH is part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

It gave the graduate student a $26,000 stipend and paid his tuition for the highly competitive program in Neuroscience at the University of Colorado in Denver.

James Holmes Received $26K Grant From Bethesda-Based National Institutes of Health « CBS DC

So what are you saying, NIH grants cause homocidal rampages? :cuckoo:

Obviously he couldn't handle it, that's why he dropped out and went crazy. :tongue:

No, its just another example of why government shouldn't be in the education business.

I suspect Obama had absolutely nothing to do with the decision. It really isn't helpful to pretend otherwise. It makes you look like a hack.

How nice, those guns that killed a dozen people were bought with government welfare.

I suspect Obama had absolutely nothing to do with the decision. It really isn't helpful to pretend otherwise. It makes you look like a hack.

Of course he didn't personally make the decision. But whenever anything good comes from the government (like "saving" GM) Obama gets credit, so why not in this case?

Obviously he couldn't handle it, that's why he dropped out and went crazy. :tongue:

No, its just another example of why government shouldn't be in the education business.

Because some random kid went nuts and shot people at a movie theater? The logic behind that is outstanding.

Because some random kid went nuts and shot people at a movie theater? The logic behind that is outstanding.

Actually it has more to do with the fact that he was unemployed and couldn't find work in this career field. Why are we wasting tax dollars to train people in that career field if there really isn't that bad a shortage?

If the health care industry needs people in a certain field let them front the money to train people in it. They'll do it a hell of a lot more efficiently than the government will.

Of course he didn't personally make the decision. But whenever anything good comes from the government (like "saving" GM) Obama gets credit, so why not in this case?

Because it is as fucking stupid as Obama getting the credit. If it works one way, it works the other. Logic... it is your friend, embrace it.

Because it is as fucking stupid as Obama getting the credit. If it works one way, it works the other. Logic... it is your friend, embrace it.

A sense of humor, embrace it. :badgrin:

Nah... The wacko is trying to blame the president for doing something "wrong"

:cuckoo:

Welfare systematically and mechanically lowers the morality of its recipients.

I like ragging on democrats, but this is a bit of a stretch. It would be more appropriate to look in the direction of big government

If he was taking classes like Neuroscience...he had to have been a pretty smart guy. Problem is, i've heard that people that are that smart are also usually the first to "loose" their minds. I went to school with a couple people, both guys, that were so damn smart they were bored in high school. Within 10 yrs of graduation, they had both killed themselves.

If he was taking classes like Neuroscience...he had to have been a pretty smart guy. Problem is, i've heard that people that are that smart are also usually the first to "loose" their minds. I went to school with a couple people, both guys, that were so damn smart they were bored in high school. Within 10 yrs of graduation, they had both killed themselves.

I have a friend who was at the top of her class, scored high on the SATs, and went to a private college in New York City. She is been and out of psych wards since we were in junior high.

I went to school with a couple people, both guys, that were so damn smart they were bored in high school. Within 10 yrs of graduation, they had both killed themselves.

If they're so smart, why didn't they find a way to be happy in the world of the Walking Dumb?

Obama did not give it to him. He applied as was chosen for a grant....that very few are given. That in and of itself is rather impressive of the whack job.

And if he had not gone nuts.... it would have been a good investment. He was very
intelligent.

I went to school with a couple people, both guys, that were so damn smart they were bored in high school. Within 10 yrs of graduation, they had both killed themselves.

If they're so smart, why didn't they find a way to be happy in the world of the Walking Dumb?

There's a lot of very smart people out there...maybe called genius's. But i find that many of them may be smart in only certain subjects, and not very many of the have any common sense. My brother in law is like that....being smart doesn't mean they can figure out what their problem is by themselves.

Forum List

Back