Obama filibustered Bush's choice. Is turnabout fair play?

R

rdean

I'm surprised USMB Republicans haven't been all over that.

If Obama did it, why can't Republicans do it now?

You have to look at the entire picture.

First, Obama is president now. That was 10 years ago. The constitution tells him his job is to nominate. There is nothing about presidents are really only president for 3 years.

So why did Obama filibuster. Considering the circumstances. Remember, George Bush nominated his fucking secretary, Harriet Miers. And why would Bush nominate his secretary? Because there had been a CIA leak outing a covert CIA agent. That's treason. Bush wanted a friendly face in the Supreme Court. He thought he might be indicted. Turns out he wasn't. But who could trust a man who nominates his secretary? To the nation's highest court? I would have done what Obama did.

First, Obama is president now. That was 10 years ago. The constitution tells him his job is to nominate. There is nothing about presidents are really only president for 3 years.

So why did Obama filibuster. Considering the circumstances. Remember, George Bush nominated his fucking secretary, Harriet Miers. And why would Bush nominate his secretary? Because there had been a CIA leak outing a covert CIA agent. That's treason. Bush wanted a friendly face in the Supreme Court. He thought he might be indicted. Turns out he wasn't. But who could trust a man who nominates his secretary? To the nation's highest court? I would have done what Obama did.

Obama wants to get Loretta Lynch out of the hot seat before the F.B.I. come back with their case against Hillary.

Doesn't matter if he was justified or not. Politics is nothing more than tit-for-tat in a two party system. So long as We The People keep rah rah rahing for "our team", we'll look the other way when "our guys" do it to "your guys" and bitch just as loud when it's done to "us."

Sucks, but that's just the way the game is played.

One good thing today. Donald Trump got his best endorsement to date. Obama said on national television that he didn't think the American people would allow Trump the nomination. That should send Trump's votes over the top in every primary.

Was the position filled ?

They don't have to rubber stamp the guy, but at least have the decency to give the nominee a chance .

Forum List

Back