*Hero Judge John Rolls To Be Buried Today*

chesswarsnow

"SASQUATCH IS WATCHING"
Dec 9, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
Sorry bout that,

1. My condolences to John Rolls Family, who have lost a *Real Hero* at the Mrs. Giffords meeting this week.
2. Its a sad day for Judges all over this Nation, Judge John Rolls sort of fell through the cracks on this public debate, as many others did, but he didn't have to be there, just stopped by to ask a few questions.
3. Lower the flags if possible, but also raise the flag for Judeg John Rolls, honor.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Realistically, I can't see where we can call him a "Hero," but he sounded like a very good person, one that will be sorely missed on the bench and as a person. My sympathies go out to his family and friends.

I save the "Hero" distinction for those who are fighting overseas.

Last edited:
I do think that the Media did a poor job of putting a face to the Victims aside from the 9yr old and the Congresswoman.

R.I.P.

Realistically, I can't see where we can call him a "Hero," but he sounded like a very good person, one that will be sorely missed on the bench and as a person. My sympathies go out to his family and friends.

I save the "Hero" distinction for those who are fighting overseas.

To me, a hero is one who has a major positive impact on my life or the lives of my loved ones.

His untimely death and the way it happened did exactrly that.

So to me, I see him as a hero.

Sorry bout that,

1. My condolences to John Rolls Family, who have lost a *Real Hero* at the Mrs. Giffords meeting this week.
2. Its a sad day for Judges all over this Nation, Judge John Rolls sort of fell through the cracks on this public debate, as many others did, but he didn't have to be there, just stopped by to ask a few questions.
3. Lower the flags if possible, but also raise the flag for Judeg John Rolls, honor.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
My condolences to his family and my sincere regret over what happenned. I'm a little perplexed over how getting shot by a randon lunatic makes someone a hero though. Is every gunshot victim a hero? or, Just the ones who's deaths can be used to make political statements?

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
My condolences to his family and my sincere regret over what happenned. I'm a little perplexed over how getting shot by a randon lunatic makes someone a hero though. Is every gunshot victim a hero? or, Just the ones who's deaths can be used to make political statements?

My own assessment of a hero is someone who puts their own safety, life, liberty, fortune, reputation on the line when it would be as easy to walk away or just follow the popular, less dangerous, but forgivable course. By my assessment, Sully Sullenberger, the US Airways pilot, was a man doing his job to the very best of his ability, not really a hero. When we call people hero for doing what's expected of them in the course of doing what they know to be their job, I think the label is miss applied.

I'm reminded of the late Soviet Union, where during the cold war, every man who just did his (or her) job, was called "HERO."

Judge Roll, may not have been a hero, but he was exemplary in the performance of his duty as a judge. He ruled on the constitution to preserve gun rights, which ironically, many would say contributed to his eventual death.

The Constitution Revolution: Judge John M. Roll: A True American Hero

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

My own assessment of a hero is someone who puts their own safety, life, liberty, fortune, reputation on the line when it would be as easy to walk away or just follow the popular, less dangerous, but forgivable course. By my assessment, Sully Sullenberger, the US Airways pilot, was a man doing his job to the very best of his ability, not really a hero. When we call people hero for doing what's expected of them in the course of doing what they know to be their job, I think the label is miss applied.

I'm reminded of the late Soviet Union, where during the cold war, every man who just did his (or her) job, was called "HERO."

Judge Roll, may not have been a hero, but he was exemplary in the performance of his duty as a judge. He ruled on the constitution to preserve gun rights, which ironically, many would say contributed to his eventual death.

he also ruled illegal aliens had standing to sue the state and was bought up on criminal charges. I don't know what the outcome of the criminal charges was, and he may very well have been innocent. But I gotta say, concluding that an illegal alien has the right to sue the state for services is a bit of a stretch of constituionality.

he also ruled illegal aliens had standing to sue the state and was bought up on criminal charges. I don't know what the outcome of the criminal charges was, and he may very well have been innocent. But I gotta say, concluding that an illegal alien has the right to sue the state for services is a bit of a stretch of constituionality.

I didn't find that about suing the state; I did find these:

"When federal Judge Susan Bolton halted enforcement of major parts of the law, she received hate mail and death threats

And so did Judge John Roll, when he ruled in 2009 that illegal immigrants could sue a local rancher on charges of harassment. Roll died in the Tucson shooting rampage at the hands of deranged gunman Jared Loughner."

[also]" In March, U.S. District Judge John Roll rejected a motion by Mr. Barnett to have the charges dropped, ruling there was sufficient evidence to allow the matter to be presented to a jury. Mr. Barnett's attorney, David Hardy, had argued that illegal immigrants did not have the same rights as U.S. citizens."

Sorry bout that,

1. This makes him a *HERO*.
2. *NEVER DOUBT ME*:evil:

Read it Here:Tucson Video Shows Judge Saving Other Victim - WSJ.com

"Video from the Safeway supermarket near Tucson shows the accused gunman, Jared Loughner, walking past a concrete pillar, raising his gun and firing at close range directly at U.S. Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, who is standing off-camera, said Chris Nanos, a captain with the Pima County Sheriff's Department who has viewed the video.

Only a wisp of what appears to be Ms. Giffords' hair is seen on the video, Mr. Nanos said. The gunman fires first at Ms. Giffords "without hesitation" then "fires indiscriminately at the crowd," he said. The group had assembled to hear Ms. Giffords at a planned constituency event that day. "

*AND*

"As the shooting starts, the video shows Judge Roll pushing another man, Rob Barber, onto the ground, Mr. Nanos said. "It looks to us as though he is pushing against Ron Barber to move him out of the way." Both men fall to the ground; both are shot. The judge was shot in the back and died.

"It's pretty evident to me that Judge Roll was a hero … if Judge Roll had not pushed Mr. Barber his wounds might have been fatal," Mr. Nanos said. "Judge Roll's actions are of a man trying to save another man's life."

3. *NEVER DOUBT ME*:evil:
4. *JUDGES* are in *LAW INFORCEMENT* and are commited in protecting the innocent.
5. And I guess I have no other choice but to break my foot off up in everyone's ass who said *Judge John Roll* wasn't a *HERO*!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
You're still full of shit, because this is info that was released today, not when you made the thread. How old are you, 5?

You're still full of shit, because this is info that was released today, not when you made the thread. How old are you, 5?

You've never said "I told you so" when something you inadvertantly said actually proved to be accurate?

Seeing as he knows we all know that this was found out well after he referred to him as a hero, I have no doubt he was simply saying "I told you so" in a sarcastic manner.

Lighten up GT....its all in fun.

Sorry bout that,

1. You son, don't know human character traits, which is painfully obvious.:evil:
2. What you need to do is grow a brain then get back to me.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You've never said "I told you so" when something you inadvertantly said actually proved to be accurate?

Seeing as he knows we all know that this was found out well after he referred to him as a hero, I have no doubt he was simply saying "I told you so" in a sarcastic manner.

Lighten up GT....its all in fun.

There's a 0% chance I give a shit about this guy's feelings.

He's not able to have a rational conversation, with anyone, he's flat out nuts.

And so, I'll post to him as though he's nuts. There's no lightening up necessary, I'm as light on my feet as RJJ in his prime.

Forum List

Back