Obama distancing himself from decisions for political reasons

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
I think Obama has done this a lot. I think he steps in and takes credit when it looks like things are going well, but generally hovers in the wings waiting to see how things are going to turn out.

However, I'm biased.

Last night I was watching PBS Newshour. Their panel specifically said we should expect him to remain arms' length from controversial decisions for the next 11 months.

They spoke of this story as an example:

White House rejects wider access to morning-after pill - Los Angeles Times

They said to expect more appearances by cabinet members such as Sebelius going forward, as Obama tries to avoid being too personally connected with awkward decisions like that.

Letting very young girls have unsupervised access to the morning after pill was a disastrous mistake.

Thats been his motus operandi since he hit the WH.

He sat on the sidelines and let Reid and Pelosi write the HC Bill and he's been sitting on the side lines ever since.

He ain't a leader thats for sure.

Thats been his motus operandi since he hit the WH.

He sat on the sidelines and let Reid and Pelosi write the HC Bill and he's been sitting on the side lines ever since.

He ain't a leader thats for sure.

A real leader would have written the health care bill, signed it, ruled on its constitutionality, performed many, if not all the procedures that the bill would be paying for and would have covered the out-of-pocket incidentals himself.

That's my primary complaint about Obama. He doesn't do anything. He just sits around signing bills into law or vetoing them or whatever. We need a mows-the-White-House-grass-himself kind of president.

I think Obama has done this a lot. I think he steps in and takes credit when it looks like things are going well, but generally hovers in the wings waiting to see how things are going to turn out.

However, I'm biased.

Last night I was watching PBS Newshour. Their panel specifically said we should expect him to remain arms' length from controversial decisions for the next 11 months.

They spoke of this story as an example:

White House rejects wider access to morning-after pill - Los Angeles Times

They said to expect more appearances by cabinet members such as Sebelius going forward, as Obama tries to avoid being too personally connected with awkward decisions like that.

It's not like he made decisions before or anything. He has been nothing more then an empty suit for the last 3 years in office and his time in the senate.

Forum List

Back